Pyrates of the West Coast

Meg you are certainly a joyous addition to our crew grammercy but ifin ye be with such independant spirit would ye mind ifin I went to look fer the captain? I should like to make a short venture to shore and seek out a fine rum liqueur for sipping then. Grammercy

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::The QuarterMaster sat and ate, finding that he was quite hungry, he inhaled the food and sent for more... once that was brought forth and consumed, it was time to depart...::

A'right you two... time ta head back t' th' ship... plenty still ta be done....

:: Seeing the looks of dissapointment on their faces, though they tried to hide it, he saw through them...::

Hmmm... I 'spect ye want ta stay ashore fer a wee bit more, eh? Well... rest o' th' crew wot be on liberty has til morn... I 's'pose ye c'n stay... On yer honour... no trouble... both o' ye....

::with a wink and nod, he stood and made his way out of the cantina, down the warf and into the cutter...::

A'right Lads... Stow yer muskets and prepare ta shove off... get back t' th' ship an unload 'r dunnage... Cap'n wantin' ta come ashore n' meet wi' tha' Don.... Yer all up fer liberty in th' morn...

::As Mr. Lasseter settled in the sternsheets, he cast a long look at the Watch Dog... a feeling in his gut told him that something was amiss. Weather it was something on the 'Dog, or something on shore, he did not know ....::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

::The QuarterMaster sat and ate, finding that he was quite hungry, he inhaled the food and sent for more... once that was brought forth and consumed, it was time to depart...::

A'right you two... time ta head back t' th' ship... plenty still ta be done....

:: Seeing the looks of dissapointment on their faces, though they tried to hide it, he saw through them...::

Hmmm... I 'spect ye want ta stay ashore fer a wee bit more, eh? Well... rest o' th' crew wot be on liberty has til morn... I 's'pose ye c'n stay... On yer honour... no trouble... both o' ye....

::with a wink and nod, he stood and made his way out of the cantina, down the warf and into the cutter...::

Tudor smiled as the quatermaster stood from the table. "Me, cause trouble?" She hid the impish look. "But sir, I've never caused any trouble in my life." She said with ease, her sarcasm coming back to her after months of repressing it. She could easily blame it all on the booze later.

After the quatermaster was gone, Tudor looked at Armand. "I think you had promsied a horseback ride?"

:: It took longer to stow all the supplies since there was only a handfull of men at the warf, as all else who had come ashore were on liberty. There remained just enough crew to act as guards and to run the cutter... Much time had passed while progress was made, once all was ready, the cutter made it's way out into the harbour, back to the ship from whence it came... The Quartermaster still had an uneasy feeling about him, he tried to surpress the feeling and not let it become known to the men about him. He gave short clipped orders, keeping a distance from the crew, as much as it could be done on the small craft, continuing to stare at the Watch Dog and back to the shore, still trying to feel out where he was getting the uneasyness he felt. He knew that Ms. Smith and Armand were fine, each in the goode hands of the other... The crew on liberty could be counted on to keep out of any major trouble, for the most part... which left the Watch Dog... Had something happened while he was ashore? Some trouble that he they were now sailing into? All looked normal on deck from this distance, and even through his glass... the lookouts were up, the crew maning the guns, though looking like they were being idle... all seemed calm... maybe that was it, he thought... he was too used to the tenseness of riding the seas, unknown danger over the horizon... a ship to plunder, or a man-o-war to avoid... It was hard to tell...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Waiting fer the Cutters return I was talking to our Master gunner about what he was planning on doing on shore and I pretty much had the same involve well without jumping off on a eeerrhhheeemmmm lets just say company. I found that Senor Petee were once in the army but favored the Navy and having been trained on cannon and volley. His area of need then upon the ship were a goodly them choice fer battle and waring. God is with us always I told him, (yeh like my own secretive shore time to find and replace my soon to be run out of medicinal ligueur.) When He said he were indeed with interest in said sipping rum I asked if he should like to join me in our journey? I was blessed by his acceptance as well and almost grew exited as a new born calf watching the return of the cutter.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

::Mr Franklin and I made our way on a bumboat back to the Watch Dog. Feeling the impending dread between ourselves made the tension rise to a more palpable level. Would the Captain confine us to the ship's brig? How would we explain our absence from the cutter? Would the Captain take our infomation about the plate fleet seriously?

Climbing back aboard the Watch Dog, Mr. Youngblood greets us with a tip of his hat, and a wry smile, knowing we were not aboard our scheduled departure from La Margarita. Hangin our heads, yet dying to discuss the details of our meeting with the Lady Ilex we head below decks to find the Captain. We pass Nigel along the way and ask where we might find the Captain. He tells us that he was last in the ward room with Augustus looking over the charts of the island. We pass by the ward room and see no one inside we continue to his quarters and knock upon his door. No reply. A slight breath of relief for the two of us.

As we head back towards the ward room, we notice something amiss. While the charts are still out, I noticed a small tankard upturned on the floor. Mr. Franklin and I walk into the room and find several chests open and rummaged through. It appears that some of the Captain's collections are missing from upon the mantel and the sill. Near the sill there is an open window with broken glass upon the floor. Bending down, we see small drops of blood on the floor. Looking around again, we see a small stool knocked over.

"Eric, inform our master-at-arms that something 'ere 'as gone awry. Tell 'im the Captain is missing as is Augustus Miller. Some o' the Cap'n possessions are gone and looks of a struggle . . . I'll find Mr. Youngblood and do the same. Make haste, but do not let anyone else know of what we've found. . . . . "

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Aye, Mr Pew, thank you. Whilest ashore I' keep watch fer our Cap'n. He gave me an assignment if it were.

*He tosses the canvas sea bag into the cutter and climbs down after Monsingor Diego.*

* whispers to Diego* Padre Diego, seems our Cap'n and guest av gone a missin. They could be abord da Dog, but not likely. We best be keepin a sharp eye an a vigilant ear once ashore.

*He checks his pistols on his belt.*

Petee-2.jpg

::Mr. Franklin and I split up and head to find the officers.

As I come topside, I just catch the cutter just coming aside the Watch Dog. Not immediately seeing Mr. Youngblood, I see Mr. Lasseter holding the tiller. He throws me a stern glance mixed with bewilderment. I help the Patricia dock, and tie her off in a loose clove hitch. Grabbing Mr. Lasseter's arm, I try to remain calm but nearly shout to him,

"Mr. Lasseter, a word sir at your utmost urgency!!::

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

::When Mr. PEW grabbed the QuarterMasters' arm and whispered his urgent message in his ear the knot in his stomach tightened..::

Wot ye mean? Show me!

::He started to follow the Gunner, then stopped and rounded..::

All Hands!!! Unload th' Cutter an' make 'er fast ta th' ship! No one 'eads ta shore til I return!

::Mr. Lasseter then folowed Mr. PEW down into the ship, back to the Ward room...::

"Me an' Eric, er, Mr. Franklin come back ta report ta the Captain like ye said, an' this' wot we found...."

::Mr. PEW explained as he showed the QuarterMaster what he found....::

Goode Christ!!! Stay 'ere!!!

::The QuarterMaster bolted out of the Ward room and up onto the deck, rounded and up onto the quarterdeck...::

ALL HANDS!!! ALL HANDS!!!! ON DECK ON TH' DOUBLE!!!

::HE waited while the crew shuffled on deck, calls below were made for all others to be on deck, looks of confusion on most everyones faces....::

Seems there's been a situation aboard... Somats happened ta th' Cap'n... Anyone know iffn' he left th' ship? Anyone? No? Well, Mr. St. Anthony!!! Get yer mates an search th' ship top ta bottom, stem ta stern fer th' Cap'n... And Mr. Muller... Report ta me wot ye find!!!

Bo'sun! Run up th' flag fer ta tell 'em tha's ashore tha' they need ta be back now!!! Mr. Warren, you an' th' crew tha' just came back, make ready ta go an' pick up them's ashore... Get th' cutter cleared away!

::He looked around at the crew, several with their mouths agape...::

Move you lubbers!!!! If ye hadn't noticed we ain't in a port tha's all friendly t' us!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Jack's blood ran cold as he heard the news of the Captain's disappearance. There was no time to think about might have happened. He drew one of his pistols from his belt and addressed his men.

"Right! You've heard the Quartermaster. We search in tight groups, no one is to go off alone. Mr. Youngblood! Please be good enough to take these four with you to search the forward sections. I shall take these four and search aft. Keep a sharp eye, all of you! And I want this person alive, if at all possible." Jack adjusted the sheath of his sharpest dagger. "I shall have some very pointed questions to ask. Stealth and speed, men!"

And with that, the two search parties moved quickly to try and ferret out the intruder...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

::While the Master at Arms and the Master Gunner made their searches of the ship with the small bands of crew they picked, Mr. Lasseter stood still as a post on the quarterdeck, his mind racing, trying to guess at what may have taken place... perhaps a small crew from one of the spanish ships that had recently come to anchor had been sent, pre-emtively striking them, guessing that the Watch Dog had plans to raid them... perhaps it was an assassin sent by the Don whom he and Armand had visited on their arrival? Whatever had happened, it made him angry... not explosive anger, but cold hard anger... he hid it well, not a muscle twitched as he waited for the reports to be brought in from the search.... he expected a body to be found, or worse... but until the time came, he would remain ever vigilant, ever still and alert, waiting for destiny to overtake them all....::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Jack led his search team below and into the belly of the ship. They scoured the aft section of the main hold, finding everything there to be in place and unmolested. They moved toward the stern, hoping to corner or at least crowd out the intruder. They came upon the pump room, and Jack quickly swung the door open, pistol leveled and ready. The only person there was Scully, still chained, and still defiant.

"Mr. Scully... No doubt these accomodations are luxurious indeed for a man of your standing, but you appear to be adjusting."

Scully glared, refusing to speak.

"Tell me, good sir; has anyone been in here for any reason other than to feed you?"

Scully's eyes narrowed. "Yes, dere vas a girl. Dat pretty little steward of d' Captain's..."

Jack stepped quickly in from of the foul Dutchman, his knife in hand. "Answer me, or I shall have your tongue for shining my boots."

"All right! I saw nobody! Nobody but what brings me d' food and d' slop bucket! I rot here. Dat's all I do!" Scully was truly frightened and apparently telling the truth.

Jack lowered the knife, as if intent on taking a different trophy. "If you are lying to me..."

Scully pressed himself a hard as he could against the bulkhead. "No! You hear me talk? It's de truth!"

"I believe you, Mr. Scully." Jack said as he sheathed his dagger. And without warning, Jack grabbed Scully by the nose with the first and second fingers of his right hand close to the knuckles, and twisted sharply. All present in the room could hear the wet pop and crunch of Scully's nasal bone breaking. "That was for Miss Smith."

Jack's party continued sweeping the lower deck of the ship, their efforts yielding neither the Captain nor Augustus Miller. Frustrated, Jack posted guards at the only possible exit points to the topside. As he reached the main deck, he saw Mr. Youngblood's men returning topside as well, equally emptyhanded. Continuing on to the quarterdeck, Jack made his report to Mr. Lasseter.

"Aye, sir. Every nook and cranny, even the foulest of places. The Captain is not on board. Say the word, and we shall turn the ship over twice more, just to be certain."

Mr. Lasseter was doing everything to contain his frustration, anger, and concern, when he spied a bit of blood on Jack's hand. "Laddie, ye need to be seeing the Doctor for that?"

Jack looked at his hand, and shook his head in the negative. "It's not mine, sir. When we searched the bilges, I had a few questions for our guest, Mr. Scully. He was cooperative enough. Nothing the Doctor should worry herself about. It was a long way from his heart."

*With all the commotion Simon thought it best he check on the little tailor He made his way below to her bunk but she was not there, or was she in the galley. . .* "Where in the name of heaven is she?" As he went further down in to the depths of the ship it grew darker amd dark till he could bearly see in front of him. He look about in the pitch blackness* "This is rediculas surely she would not be all the way down here." *Then his large 14 Thigh high boot bumped against something in the dark, that let out a moan. . ."Help me please, Simone some one help!"

"Miss KENDRA! QUATER MASTER! JACK! I NEED HELP!!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

I was looking into the blue waters all about the Dog looking for a swimmer in retreat is what my focus be. But scouring the seemingly endless empty ripples of the bays mass was causing minor troubleing visual hallucinations where my focus became stressed into thinking that we were moving and the ripples were rolling by faster and faster it seemed and then to a startle I saw something and yelled up to Ciaran in the basket mate I says twelve degrees larboard twenty ships lengths out what is that afloat is there a wake following that whish is out there? what is that?

Ciaran looked down to me answering it's nothin Monsignor. floatin rope it be seems to be connected to the bottom and floated up sittin in one place is all.

Eyes playing tricks Done then I went below to my quarters to rest my tired eyes.

starting down to the gun deck I heard the exclamtions of what sounded like Simons voice yelling QUARTER MASTER!..... JACK!..... I NEED HELP!! I hurried my pace allowing that such a quiet voice of certainty was not heard past where it was I be so facing up toward the main deck I too reflected said need and yelled Quartemaster! Jack! Master gunner! Simone is below and is in need men! I am in the main hold and headed down... Make haste men!

I know this ship have walked in solitaire upon hundreds of hours of quiet in the dark while the ship sleeps I know this ship and I know right then as I turned and was to be heading down to the number three deck....

I was in fact tripped. That to which my speed was un reconcilable to my need to keep my unshiftable balance and found myself hurled into a pile upon said third deck floor.

I was slow in coming up as the time in the air went by in slow motion as I flew I knew and could rememeber havin my foot grabbed from behind and came up looking back to a spot where that grab had to have occured.

Nothing...... There was nothing there emptyness reflected behind the stairs open passway going fore and aft and no noise of shoes of footsteps could I hear either coming or going.... Had I blacked out? I must have... I thought, so I rose to my feet assesed any damage to which there was none and I turned and continued down.

starting down to the gun deck I heard the exclamtions of what sounded like Simons voice yelling QUARTER MASTER!..... JACK!..... I NEED HELP!! I hurried my pace allowing that such a quiet voice of certainty was not heard past where it was I be so facing up toward the main deck I too reflected said need and yelled Quartemaster! Jack! Master gunner! Simone is below and is in need men! I am in the main hold and headed down... Make haste men!

"May The Lord be praised Monsingor, It s Kend sir. She is hurt I know not how bad."

*She caughed and sputtered . . .* "Simon is that you?"

"Yes, miss, lie still we will get you out."

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

::The Masters of Gun and Arms reported to the QuarterMaster, no sign of the Captain or Mr. Muller aboard... the news relieved and yet angered Mr. Lasseter, good that tragety was not found aboard, but bad as well that nothing was found... ::

Right.... Mr. St. Anthony... double th' watch an' arm 'em wi' a brace o' pistols per man, leave a dozen muskets 'round each mast so's they may be ready whenever, an' send up Boucanee' s ta th' lookouts...

Mr. Youngblood, ye said Cap'n had orders fer ya ashore... Take ha'dozen men wi' ye... I don't need ye ta turn up missin' too.. keep a sharp eye... go on th' cutter, an' tow th' St. Kitt behind ta bring ye back, as th' cutter will be collectin' th' crew ashore... rig th' swivels back on the Longboat, an' set up th' new cannon on th' cutter... e'ryone armed proper....

I gonna be in th' Ward..... see iffn' I c'n piece tagether wot might a happened... Mr. Badger, alert me o' anything happenin' out o' th' ordinr'y...

::With a cold, dangerous look in his eyes, he took one last look around the deck as the crew got to work, then headed below, hoping to be able to sort out what had happened...

As he headed below, shouts came from the lower decks...::

"Quartermaster, Jack, Help!!!"

::The QuarterMaster drew one of his pistols as he weaved his way down into the depths of the ship, towards the alarm raised...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Within moments, Jack was hot on the heels of the Quartermaster, pistol drawn and ready. As they reached the source of the commotion, they found a dazed Diego, and Simon, crouched over the weak form of Kendra. The giant's face was ashen with fear for the well-being of his charge. Kendra herself was stirring, regaining awareness. Just how badly she was injured remained to be seen.

::Seeing the forms of the monsignor, Simon, and Kendra, the QuarterMaster relaxed slightly... after a look about, he turned to Simon...::

Wot 'appen'd ta Ms. Kendra Lad? How she get 'erse'f down 'ere? Ah, No matter... go tell th' Surgeon... we' gonna bring 'er up ta th' sick ward...

::Simon hesitated, then nodded and was off...::

Monsignor, wot 'appened ta ye...?

C'mon Jack... let's cradle th' poor gerl betwixt us... get 'er up ta th' ward...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

(Following behind Jack and our Quartemaster as they carried Ms Kendra to the sick bay.) Mr Lassiter sir I heres the call from Simon and heard it weakly from down here in the depths and yelled its call for help to the upper decks best I could and ran the steps Atween second and third I knows I were tripped up by a grabbing hand leaving me in mid air falling to a clump on the floor of the third deck sir. I rose quickly facing to see the culprit who did in fact trip my descent. Drawing me boot knife to cut the bastard I was as I came up armed to give hell but there was no one there.... I think that the concussion of the fall must have knocked me out for a very brief moment as I seem to have got here on the double ahead a the rest of you sir! I know not of ms Kendra's station sir or how it did come about but I do know these stairs sir and I did not trip on me own that I am certain of.... Something in the main stair caused my folly I in recall truly feel the grab of my foot by one hand was my undoing.... Ciaran is watching the upper decks sir that I am sure of no one will get past his rifle.

:: Struggling to carry the limp form of Kendra in the tight passageways, Mr. Lasseter and Mr. St. Anthony slowly make their way towards the sick ward, and the awaiting Surgeon, the monsignor tells the QuarterMaster what befell him... to which Mr. Lasseter replies...::

I... See... So ye says.... ye were tripped?

Hmmm.... how odd.... all th' crew.... were to be.... topside.....

Mayhaps it... was a misstep... in yer haste....

Mind th' stairs Jack... Mayhaps yer robe... caught on.... somethin'....

Lardy.... here we be.... sick Ward....

:: Mr. Lasseter and Mr. St. Anthony deliver their charge into the most capable hands of the Surgeon... She puts on her wire framed lenses, and examines Kendra... noting some bruises forming and some slight swelling she informs the genltemen standing about that Kendra has a mild concusion, caused from a fall most likely, plus a few minor scrapes and scratches... some time spent here will allow her to recover....::

Very Well then.... I must return topside, then begin ta unravel th' dissappearance o' our Cap'n... see where i'tall leads.... Tempest, Lads... I'll be on deck 'r in the Cap'n's Ward....

::He nodded and turned away, then was off to the deck...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Jack hovered at the Sickbay door, watching the Doctor begin her preliminary examination of Kendra. He could feel the hulking form of Simon behind him, but he paid no attention.

The Surgeon turned and peered over her glasses at the broosding Master-At-Arms. "Monsieur, your concern is appreciated. But propriety demands that you return to your duties, s'il vous plait?" She smiled and nodded her head as if to say "She'll be all right."

"Thank you, Doctor. I shall leave you to your ministrations. Miss Kendra." Jack bowed from the waist, and turning, shut the door.

He started off toward the Armoury when Simon's huge hand gently took hold of his shoulder. Jack turned and face the man.

"Miss Kendra is all I really have in this world, Mr. St. Anthony. The thought of not... Of her... I'm sorry, sir. I know you don't care for me..." Simon's voice almost cracked as he spoke, and his eyes were welling with tears.

Jack stepped forward and placed a steadying hand on Simon's arm. For a moment, he marveled at how childlike his hand looked compared to the giant's arm.

"Simon, do not think for a moment that I do not like you. Your sense of duty to Miss Kendra is honorable beyond words. It is I who believed you do not care for me. But please understand; I wish only the best for her, and I do feel.... protective of her. She will be fine. Our Surgeon is quite gifted in her arts. And I would be most honored, indeed, if I could call you my friend, Simon. You are a good man, sir."

Simon smiled, and straightened as much as he could in the cramped companionway. "We're crewmates, Mr. St. Anthony! Of course, you are my friend. Miss Kendra is very important to me, and I have to protect her. And she's so pretty and fragile, and men are always nosing about... I'm sorry if I've been disrespectful, sir."

Jack smiled broadly. "No harm, no foul; eh, mate? I understand your feelings, and I respect your station. We are friends."

He extended his hand, and hid the wince of pain as Simon took it and vigorously returned the handshake.

"Now, do us a favour, and stand guard at the door to the Surgery, my friend. I need to find whoever has infiltrated our ship and deal with them. If you are guarding the Surgery, you'll be close to Miss Kendra and helping me immeasurably. And for that I shall be most greatful," Jack asked of the massive man.

Simon nodded, and said assuringly "Aye, Mr. St. Anthony. I shall not leave my post."

"Good man, and thank you" replied Jack. He turned and headed off to the Armoury as Simon settled into guard duty.

having been brushed off like a wet wet dog shakes his coat to facillitate drying I examined the robes for a pull, a snag or tear. To no avail. I decided then to go back and re-examine those very same steps and find the reasons to this now brain aching compromise of my very own integrity.