Pyrates of the West Coast

"You two sailors, get ye below, give me greetin's ta the master at arms an' collect pistol an' cutlass fer each man, an' ten muskets. Keep all weapons wrapped in sailcloth. Get ye back 'ere afore I notice ye bein' gone. The rest o' ye clear away ta swing out on command."

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking, The likes of a more beautiful and fully magestic ship I had never seen. The work in building it was manifest by the lack of uneven or rough edges as she turned and passed I was awe inspired and just had to pray.

Hevenly father allow this french captain to realize that no fear is needed this day and give this parlay the credence of all expected and gained in your name. Amen

I looked up and realized I was talking aloud and heard both Tito and Mr Pew say amen as well Mr Johnson was taking a refresher course in Danish with (damn what was his name?)

(Then it came to me Merced I believe it were!)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

The Surgeon looked to the Quartermaster with a small furrow of brow...

"Non, Mister Lasseter...I do not think a show of intent in force would be wise. Even though I am not the one to make or direct such decisions...'

She refocused on the other ship as it tacked around, passing parrallel to the leeward shore.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"Mister Lasseter, confirm the flag configuration.  I have it differently."

Aye Cap'n....

::the Quartermaster put his glass back to his eye, just as a second gun was fire from the french ship... ::

Aye Cap'n... looks ta say she's askin' fer 'r colours... an' ta 'ave speaks wi' ye....

"Non, Mister Lasseter...I do not think a show of intent in force would be wise. Even though I am not the one to make or direct such decisions...'

::Said the Surgeon...::

::He looked at her... ::

Aye Lass.... I's not sayin' we load out all 'r guns n' run 'em out... seein' as th' stern chasers be in th' Cap'n's wardroom... they's kinda hidden.... won't be seen as they's loaded, same on the Dutchy.... I'd rather not be raked wi'out bein' able ta give some back...

But as ye say... up ta th' cap'n.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: The QuarterMaster sees that the Master at Arms is still on the main deck... speaking with Mr. Warren...::

Mr Samson! No... what 'e call hisse'f? Aye... Mr. St. Antn'y!!! Please heve yerse'f below ta th' Armoury fer possible distribution o' arms and ta keep guard there!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Aye, sir! On my way!

:: He makes his way back to the Armoury, and sets about arranging arms and ammunition for quick distribution. He pauses, and turns to the Gascon ::

Armand, mon ami... Under the circumstances, the Doctor cannot argue that I am in harm's way. Please, return topside if you like. Should we see action, I'd rather you be among those giving our foes a warm reception. I'll find you if need demands.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The sound of the canon put a grimace on me face - just as Mr Hawks caught me sight. With a tilt of his head, I can sees he is anticipating that we will have our hands full again with more repairs. I nod to him silently and each of us directs attention to the French ship; preparin ourselves mentally to be available to help our mates wherever directed.

Aye Aye Cap'n.....

:: Mr. Lasseter returns to the flag haliard, lowers the flags and changes them out, signaling the french ship that the captain will be heading over... once they are aloft he returns to his captain's side...::

Aye Cap'n... an' yer orders while ye be away? asside from bein' patient..... I's not spoilin' fer a fight, mind ye... just... wantin' ta be prepared... ever cautious...

::his hands dance around his weapons...::

Ah... hmmm...

:: he turns to the main deck ::

Mr. Warren! sway out th' Samson... Cap'n's goin' aboard th' frenchy!!!!

::looks at Tempest, smiles...::

My apologies... fer th' frenchy.... thing.... aye...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, sir! On my way!

:: He makes his way back to the Armoury, and sets about arranging arms and ammunition for quick distribution. He pauses, and turns to the Gascon ::

Armand, mon ami... Under the circumstances, the Doctor cannot argue that I am in harm's way. Please, return topside if you like. Should we see action, I'd rather you be among those giving our foes a warm reception. I'll find you if need demands.

The Gascon ponders the statement as looks to the splinted limb that the Master at Arms is burdened with.

"Non, Monseigneur...Above is not a good choice for me." His eyes cut away briefly, then return.

" I will stay here for now...or at least in near proximity."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"Please send a runner over to the Danzig Trader informing them of my departure. Please insist that they keep themselves quiet and that they maintain there marines below deck and out of sight.

I shall go over to the French and see which way the wind blows. If there should be treachery of any sort, I leave it to you to sort it out."

William makes his way down to the Ship's Carpenter.

"My good Carpenter, I wonder if you would keep this until I return?" William says as he passes over the crutch. "I will want it back upon my return. And Rummy, thank you for the sharp eyes. I go to rescue all your good labors. We wouldn't want your work aboard the Danzig to have been wasted."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Aye Cap'n... we'll be awaitin' yer safe return... or forgin' death fer them's that don't...

:: he knuckles his head to the captain, steps over to the taffrail...::

You there! Tucker is it? Aye... run o'er ta th' Monsignor tell 'im ta remain quiet an' keep below, outta sight... iffn their be trouble.... he'll know.... now off ye go... easy now...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:I see the crew of the Watch Dog hurry about preparing the Samnson for on offload. Assuming someone is to go the French and make friends. The Padre' comes back on the deck of the Danzig and whispers to Cut-throat and myself: "Prepare the cannon. Double shot and powder. Under no circumstances are you to fire until my orders. Load under extreme secrecy. The French are not to know we have Dutch Marines aboard. Make yourselves hidden 'till necessary. Stand ready men. We know not what comes before us."::

Aye, Padre.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

At relay of answering signals, Capitaine Fournier purses lip and hands the 'glass to Lamaire. Standing forward to the rail he issues a series of orders to the crew below then turns to his helmsman.

"Monsieur Grandjean....I wish you to place us off that frigate's starboard quarter of stern facing...close but not overmuch."

"Oui, Capitaine."

Turning away, Jean-Micheale Fournier scans the decks and shrouds with a nod of approval as set by set, the vast canvas is taken in to slow her progress. Noticing the presence of Dominique, he comments...

"You have the deck, Monsieur Lamaire....I am going below to change into appropriate attire...."

"Pardon, Capitaine...but is not what you are currently wearing appropriate enough?" The Lieutenant qurieries.

Fournier pauses in step and casts a glance over shoulder...

"Non....Did you notice the name coming into view across her stern?"

William made his way into the Samson. It wasn't easy going, climbing down the side of the Watch Dog, but he made the journey just the same. He took no pistol, but in recognition to his position, he bore the mortuary sword that Mister Lasseter had given him. Still, as beautiful a weapon as it was, he missed his cutlass and would have given much to have it in place of this.

Once abaord, Mister Warren ordered the crew out away from the Watch Dog and they made their progress over the deadly space between ships, the silence broken only by the steady rowers and the milling crews of the three vessels.

Returning to quarters, Fournier considered the name he had glimpsed as they rounded to the area in which they would hold position. Digarding the frock and shirt for fresher change, he glanced to the hinged box and wondered if it would be leaving his protection sooner than anticipated. His steward brought forth newly polished boots, the coat of deepened blue tint, service pistol and sword belt proper to station. All in place and brushed, Fournier retrieved a sampling from near decanter then waited for word from above....

As they neared the Chasse de Mer, William whispered to Mister Warren. "If trouble should arise, take what action seems most appropriate to yourself and the needs of this crew, Mister Warren. I shall do my best to be brief aboard the Chasse de Mer, if brief I may be."

Then, they were under the watchful eyes of the Chasse de Mer's crew. William stood in the Samson and removed his hat.

"My purchase shall fail me at any moment." William thought. "What a sight that would make before the French."

William called out over the shrinking distance. "Permission to come aboard?"

Lieutenant Lamaire looked down upon the broad shouldered man approaching below with a nod of acknowledgement.

"Oui, permission granted..."

::Cut-throat and I kneel behind the gunwale on the deck of the Danzig Trader. Peering through the railing we see the Samson head towards the French.::

Cut-throat. . . .be that the Captain 'eading towards the French?

::He tips his hat and squints towards the Samson. Aye, he says. Who be that's wit 'im?::

Dunno. Maybe the Padre' would know . . .

D'ya see who be in the Cap'n's stead 'pon the Watch Dog?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

:: As the Quartermaster watched the Samson close with the french ship he turned to the Bo'sun...::

Mr Badger... please have yer lads ready ta crack on sail if needed... also a detail ta be ready ta cut loose th' Dutchy...

:: looking through his glass he sees the Samson slide up next to the frigate... Captain William stood, removed his hat...::

Well, permission ta board.... lessee wot come o' this....

Pass th' word ta Mr. Ciaran an' Ms. Constance.... up ta th' lookout positions wi' them...

:: Mr. Lasseter rolls his shoulders, stretching his back...::

Hmmm....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

William stepped forward, almost losing his balance as he had feared he would, but catching Mister Sons, shoulder. He went to the ropes and braced himself for the brisk climb, hoping it wouldn't cost him too much.

When he made the deck, he removed his hat and greeted the Lieutenant.

"Bonjour, je suis William Hollande."