Pyrates of the West Coast

Ah, Mr. Ciaran... As one o' th' lookouts on watch while I was off ship...

I need to know e'ery thing tha' went on while I was ashore...

Full details... everythin'....

What orders were given by an' by whom...

Aye, Sir. (Ciaran closes his eyes for a few minutes then begins to speak)

A merchantship was seen first. I spotted it, as did Diego. The Monsignor called out Sail Ho and the crew came to life. Swan immediately came up the ropes with me and she noticed the second ship off on the horizon. We could tell with our glasses that the first ship seen was flying the Danish colours. At this time, the Captain came onto deck, having heard Diego's call. The deck is quickly coming to life. I recall hearing the Master Gunner call for his crew to take their quarters. As I kept lookin out at the two ships, the Captain, Swan and Master Gunner were engaged in conversation.

It was about that time that the second ship and the Danish merchant began to do battle. As quickly as their encounter begins, it is over and the second ship is then recognized as The Black Lament, and she quickly heads in our direction. Capt. William orders everyone onto the rigging. With Swan watching the fast approaching Lament, Diego and I begin to watch our backs, the jungle for a surprise attack. I recall at about this time there is an odd smell that engulfs our ship, a stench of death and decay.

At this moment, Sir, everything happens quickly. Diego notices ye and Armand in the jungle, but at the same moment, the Black Lament aims her guns at us and begins firing. Diego and I barely miss being hit by a couple of its deck crew. I am able to take care of one, and Diego about to take the other, when a cannonball nearly takes us both out. Right between us it sailed Sir, and fortunately between the masts into the water on the far side. I then fire and hit the second dog.

Now our big guns are firing and it is all out battle. The Black Lament has pulled in close, and it is then that the Captain realizes that our anchor is still lowered. I remember seeing Captain William hacking at the anchor chain, but the action up in the riggin was now fierce so my attention turned to mine, Swan's and Diego's safety. We were firing best we could and protecting ourselves behind the mast. Next time I turned around, I saw the Captain fall, almost in slow motion, Sir. I remember screaming out and the Master Gunner running over to pick the Captain up. Blood was streamin from his body onto Petee and the deck. I screamed for someone to get the Doctor. There was smoke, cannonballs, shot, sails ripping, wood splinterin everywhere now. Miss Swan climbs down to help with the Captain at this point, just as Dr. Fitzgerald comes into view.

Then Sir, forgiving me description, something very very strange occurred. Everything went still. Everything stopped. When I turned and looked back, there was thick fog rolling over us, smoke and fog. It was cold and that stench of death again in the air. And a wind then blew almost audible words Sir. The hairs on me neck stood straight up. Then it was over. The fog lifted, the smoke cleared, and the Black Lament was gone. Even with me glass I could not spot her. Only the merchantship remained in view.

Next memory was of the Doctor's voice, full of shouts and instructions. Captain William was carried downstairs.

The rest be a bit of a blur now, Sir. All of us crew set to work on putting out small blazes, examining the ship, helping injured mates, and trying to figure out what the hell had happened to us.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.... now head aback some...

Ye says Diego caught site o' a sail, an' reported it ta th' deck....

AN' th' Cap'n was below.... Who had th' deck? Shoulda been Mr. Badger, yet I hear no mention o' him given orders...

An' then th' Cap'n comes topside.... What were 'is orders... Ye say 'e ordered e'eryone ta th' riggin'?

Take yer time... think hard man... What were th' orders given, by whom?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

(Again Ciaran closes his eyes and is silent fer a long time, thinking, trying to remember)

Sir, I do not recall whether Mr. Badger were on deck or not at the moment the merchantship were spotted. Me eyes had been on the sighting of the Danish ship. After Diego's shout of Sail Ho, it be the Master Gunner's order I recall next. Oh! I do recall Jack ordering the barge and boarding crews to quarters, Sir.

I clearly recall that the Captain was not on the deck until about this time. He immediately took command of the situation. He was engaged in conversation about the two ships, talking at length with Miss Swan and Mr. Petee. Again, Sir, my attention was more to watchin the events on the water at this time.

The first command from the Captain that I can remember was fer all hands to the riggin, when it was determined that the Black Lament had her sights on us, after the brief encounter with the merchantship.

(Ciaran closes his eyes again.)

Sir, that is the best I can recall. The entire event happened so quickly and caught us all by such surprise, and had the marks of the devil upon it Sir. That is all I can remember. I hope my recollections are useful fer ye. Perhaps the Monsignor or Miss Swan could fill in my gaps, Sir.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

AYe... Aye.... very goode Mr. Ciaran... thank ye... My compliments and ye may return ta yer duties...

::Thinks hard about what Mr. Ciaran said... goes to the binnacle and retrieves the logbook, a quill and ink, writes a few thing down in the book...::

Past the Word fer th' Monsignor!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Aye, Sir. I shall send Diego to ye as soon as possible.

G'day.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

(Ciaran sends Diego to Mr. Lasseter and then Ciaran climbs the rope to the lookout's nest.)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

coming up the stairs at the wrong time I says yes sir to the Quartermaster. as ye say sir the captain ordered the crew to the rigging and there they took. first shot got em down and Ciaran there he saved me life. Good shot he is. Quartermaster I heard from below sir it is as if ye were there by the descript of Ciaran there. Eery the way he said it I kinda relived its enitireties in the thoughts as they came back. Slowed to a stop, dead wind, dead sails and dead smells, fog came in and the smoke mixed with it and as I recall sir we got off two broadsides in the midst. Hell it was! The devils own made a visit. Yer glad ye still don't have the stench reminding you ye got too close..... Good to have you back on board sir and with yer health as well...

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

AYe Monsignor...

slow down..... Start from th' beginnin'... I need ta know th' order o' events...

who ordered what, when and so on.....

Prey continue....

::The QM, waits for the Monsignor to calm down.... as he does, he looks about the ship... all looks to be well, the sails tight to the yards, the secondary anchor holding the ship well...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

first off sir I just found christine locked in a bilge closet sir and she is now in the infirmary and me believes she was hit or something hit her on the back of the head and knocked her clean out sir. She is resting. Sir

as I recall sir, I had a merchant ship coming out from around the eastern tip of the cove on the double from about three leagues and closing. But of course we didn't see it as a merchant ship till its depths showed over the swells sir. it gets abouts half ways in sir and it makes a 90 degree angle starbaord to us sir to its own larboard side and starts plowin the sea headed west. From ahind the same eastern tip sir of the cove this second ship riding high and dry and close sir very close to shore easily within canon shot range came out of nowheres and prceeds to run the merchant down and I watched sir as the merchant just flat gave up raised sail, raised a white flag and with what was suspicious to me a small number of men on the main deck could be seen. stopped and bein turned by the wind the now recognized Black Lament ran around her to her larboard side adn set off a volley but sir as big as the first powder shot was It was the merchant taking her on with first shot fires and it were a full broadside the likes of which would have sunk many a other ship three hails back and forth then out of the smoke cloud comes this hell cat a breathin in the wind straight afore us and sir it were putrified it were.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

everyones oredred into the rigging and then balls are whizzin by us, gots fast and furious it did. I didn't see the captain go down sir I was trying to find where the unregulated firing was coming from I saws it were two prone seamen on the forecastle deck sir and Ciaran there he took em both out as I was thrown from the basket I was in and barely able to hold on the the ropes ta keep from fallin. I wasn't much help in the battle sir but is was my intent to watch the back (well the ships back sir) and I had seen anumber of bushes and rushes movements not consistant with the wind. Then when I seen that devil ship come from around the corner it were close I mean real cose and I knows ifin yer goin to create a spectical peoples gonna watch and watch we did giving me more cause to worry our flank was being jeopardized. Sir I just knew that a landing force was dropped of and were coming at us from behind. But alas sir it never materialized as such. As Ciaran said we got off a full load and backed it up and then as if the sands stopped falling. the smoke turned into fog and the fog blew away and gone it were. just flat gone gone with the wind if you will sir.

:: the QM's eyebrows go up ::

Ye found Christine locked in th' bilge?? She be a'right, more 'r less ye say.... Ah, th' Surgeon'll set wot ails 'er... right, tha's goode......

::He listens intently to what M. Diego says, occasionally writing in the logbook::

Diego.... tha's all well an' goode... sounds ta be Mr. Ciaran an' yerself done well.... I's still needin' ta know who was givin' th' orders... so far betwixt ye an' Mr. Ciaran, on'y orders I heard given by th' Cap'n was ta take ta th' riggin'....

What d'ye recall?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Sir me eyes are in the glass, me ears ergh on me head, but from up there sir you could be screaming. Fer when feetstart shuffling and bustling about I wouldn't know if it were you or rummy! sir!

I told the crew after it was ended sir that we had met the enemy and reached into its throat and ripped out its heart sir. The crew was there and they were worth their weight sir.

::The QM looks at M. Diego... studying his face, then looks away...::

I see... well, I've heard th' Cap'n an' Mr. Badger bellow loud enough fer ta wake th' dead.... but, seein' as ye were in th' fightin' tops.... mayhaps not...

Very well then.... soon as ye see Ms. Swan... I wish ta see 'er....

::he nods, smiles and turns his eyes to the logbook... writing some more..::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye Aye Quartermaster! Looks up to Ciaran but hes got his eye fixed to 'is brings'em near (as it should be then! Swan huh? She must be below I aven't seen 'er this whole day. Damn I'm in the basket on the next bell!) Quartermaster sir! I will look about sir but I must be prompt sir, I too will leave word and the likes for Swan sir, but I am in the basket pon next bell sir!

( Cups me hands lookin up to the baskets) Ciaran I'm coming up to relieve you! I pull up me boots and stand along the rail hop up grab the rat lines and roll to the outsides and begins the clim up the larbaord side keepin the wind in me face. Ciaran is already down and out of site by the time i reaches me basket and I sit back and looks out onto the 'orizons trying to find something, anything to see

*As she tries to rest, frightening images continue to haunt her dreams. She re-plays that night over and over again in her head of when she was grabbed from behind, knocked out and locked away. The touch was very unaturally cold. Who or what was it?*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

It had been a choice that only she could make. In this surgery, in this small tiny ship within a ship, she was Captain.

A man had been brought to her with a ball of lead in his body. That ball had been propelled into his flesh by a few dozen grains of powder by an enemy that knew an officer when it saw one.

She was given two choices and two choices only. Stop the bleeding and help him recover only to endanger his life with prolonged exposure to that projectile resting in his frame, or take it out now and risk losing him at his weakest and most mortal state.

Tempest had never been a waiting doctor. Like the storms her name implied, she was a rage of activity. She was a force of will...

...and she never liked to cut open a patient twice.

. . .

Now, hours later, she cleaned her instruments. She put them away in compartments and boxes. She gathered bloodied rags. She washed down a sticky table and a floor of clotted blood and gritty sand. She worked, continuing to occupy herself as her nerves began to unwind.

Since finishing the surgery, half a dozen others had come and gone with injuries so simple that they were almost a nuisance by comparison. Splinters, bruises and burns. She treated them all without a word of complaint. She listened to the description of devils and phantoms over and over. Every patient seemed to need to speak about the terrible afternoon.

Then they were gone, each returned to their duties.

The ship rocked. Tempest sat. The Captain breathed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:: Upon He quietly sings a tune as he works... ::

I love goin' swimmin'

with bowlegged women,

and swim between their legs...

*Still singing, his somewhat comical tune now upon deck, he turns to the sound of the all too familer stomping of Simon's feet cradled in his arms quite snuggley is Kendra protesting the wholw way*

"Simon you but me down right this instant!"

"Sorry Missie, the Monsingnor said to take you to the doctor, and that's where you going."

"But I feel just fine," *the giant just rolled his eyes* "It's just a little re. . ." *suddenly sees Jack standinin in front of them arms folded. She quickley turns her head and barries her face in Simon's face so he would not see the abnormality*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

(long day it was, nothing was seen and my watch ended hours ago calm seas calm wind and a great dinner was served as I was just coming down from me basket. I ate and washed up made a change of clothes and went to see the captain, Armand was on the door!) Is the captain awake yet I asked? He nodded no, Is he doing ok? he shrugged. May I see him and share an evening prayer? I could tell I would be praying out here in the corridor.... (i turned walking from the infirmery stopping turned back and stared at Armand.) Dear heavenly father there are so many thiings we are greatful for and wish to thank you for all of your attentions you have given to so few amounting in so much. I just have one thing to ask ye lord, that in your infinite wisdom and while if you would just address this one more favor, that you are the road that draws our captain closer to his health for him and allow his return, in your name I pray. Amen (turning I started to walk away and heard Armand say Amen too.

With the rise of the morning sun, I makes me way past the galley. Looks like Christine made haste to prepare a hearty meal for our weary crew. "Good Morning Miss Christine - the aroma of your meal is certainly inviting. You must have been in here for hours. Have ye gotten any sleep at all lass?"

Tools in hand, I make my way up to the deck to make detailed inspection of the surfaces of our ship. I be using me good eye for this job.

Seems our maintenance took place with perfect timing. (Mr Lasseter and the Captain must have some Irish blood in them. 'Twas pure luck that we gots our ship careened whens we did - me thinks ta meself.)

Night's crew is just about done with their shift and the mornin' crew be joinin me soon... :lol:

Mr Hawks walking about the ship checking for damage of any metal structure, runs into Rummy.

"Avast Lassie.... I sees ya got thru all the comotion unharmed. Glad ta be seein that. Now, I dona sees any problems with some o me work I did, so's I gots me some free tyme. Now, you were tryin ta tell me about some things ya be needin afor we were interrupted. What be those needs? mayhap I cana get to them right fast fer ya."

Shoots anything that moves!!

(rising early to begin his shift in the nest, Ciaran stops smartly by the galley. Upon leaving, he carries two mugs of hot coffee and a bit of bread and fruit. He stops by the Surgery Ward and gently raps on the door. Armand opens it a wee bit.)

Pardon moi, Armand. Je vous offre et la docteur ce petit dejeuner.

(Armand smiles and takes the breakfast.)

"Merci, Ciaran".

(Ciaran nods and heads to his post.)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Night had progressed on to day, undisturbed in courses since the beginning of time, the natural world bore no concern for the acts of mere mortals. The large elbow chair and its occupant kept steadfast watch to the suspended plank of makeshift bed gently rocking with the ship's sway. To the side, a small table held the weight of worn tome containing the thoughts of academic minds.

The Surgeon stirred from drowsy catnap hearing the quiet voicings from behind and the slight creak of heavy door being secured back in place. Immediate focus went to the large frame of man residing prone to her right and mental process whirled with quick deduction of what the morning wished to present.

Soft tread of footstep announced Armand's presence and she looked up as the aroma of addictive want reached her senses. Unvocalized converse played between the constant companions as she accepted the gift of victual and stood to stretch stiffened muscle.

The evening's trek had gone well, the Surgeon thought while surveying the Captain's current state. Only one small elevation of body temperature had shown itself and that had not overstayed its welcome. Deathly pallor started its retreat, as tinge of ruddiness began to make an appearence on the highest plane of William's cheekbones. There had been mumblings in the wee hours, some clear and others not... a smallish smile had appeared in brief and then more silence.

All and all, she could do nothing but approve in regard to the Captain's current constitution... in light of what had transpired. She was far to disciplined to become over confident, these were the hours where battles could be won...or lost. With blessings of luck, William would wake on his own to receive the nutrients that his body would be craving.

Returning to the large chair, she settled back to former position, whispering to the Captain's unconscience hearing...

"Rage, rage against the dying light..."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: the QM waits for Ms. Swan to arrive on the quarterdeck.... he waits, and waits... Finally an able seaman makes his way to the QM, tells him that Ms. Swan is nowhere to be found... The QM's face darkens.. ::

Yer tellin' me tha' somehow's she be hidin' on this ship.... 'r tha' she went over th' baord an' swam two miles ta' land? Seein'as none o' the ships baots be missin'.... Find 'er....

::The seaman looking slightly paled retreats from the QM's presence... Mr. Lasseter goes back to writing in the logbook, then looks about the ship, seeing the daily activities and duties of the ship being done by the crew...::

Mr. Badger! I'll be heading below ta see th' Cap'n... be back shortly... Pass th' word fer th' Master Gunner.... 'ave 'im wait on th' quarterdeck til I return...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*reports to Diego and Mad_Jack*

Gentle'm'n... after Miss Christine were found, I searched the ship, high an' low fer he who attacked her... I found no one, only a scrap of cloth what looked to be torn from a garment of some sort...

*Morgan holds out a piece of cloth, which was blue in color... the cloth looked like satin, or silk, and was stained with blood and earth...*

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."