Pyrates of the West Coast

(From above, Ciaran heard and watched as the QM gave orders. The ship seems to immediately come alive with action.

'Ahh, a good sign, this work will help keep me mates' minds busy and not worrying so much. A smart move on the QM's part indeed, and those tasks do be needed.'

As Ciaran scans the deck, he notices the Monsignor sitting alone, losting in thought and prayer, yet looking very worried. 'Tis the Captain he's been down to see,' thinks Ciaran. 'It (the Captain's health) must be worse than we ever thought'.

Ciaran takes a long deep breath at this thought, raises his glass, and looks out to sea.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: Jack sets about his new duties that have been added to his old ones. He sets about collecting weapons from the crew and making certain they are returned to the Armoury. He looks briefly for the new crewmember, but cannot locate her at present. He puts out word to the current watch that if they see her, she is to report to me immediately with all weapons she posesses.

On one of his trips to the main deck, Jack notices that the barge has only been haphazardly stowed ::

Barge crew! To stations, on the doubletime!

:: Jack waits for the barge crew to muster, and he asks one of the sailors at random if they notice anything amiss. The crewman hesitantly replies "It's a mess, sir." Jack asks why it is such, and the crewman stammers "I don't know, sir. I guess we was distracted, what with the battle and all..." ::

Distracted? Rattled by a little shooting, were we? Your breeches seem unsoiled, sir, so it couldn't have been that traumatic. Distracted, my sister's black cat's arse! Clean this mess up, ye gobs! And if I can't bounce a silver Spanish real off that tarpaulin when you're finished, you'll strip it down and do it over until I can, savvy?! You have half the glass to accomplish this feat, so I would suggest you get started.

:: Jack stomps off the the Armoury, still fuming mad ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: The Steward looks at the QM, his face drawn... swallowing hard, he opens his mouth and nothing but a squeak comes forth... looking somewhat unnerved, he clears his throat, the QM lays a hand on his shoulder..::

S'alright... calm down... mayhaps later, when ye feel more up ta it... I jest need ta know all tha' 'appened... all tha' ye remember... go see th' cook, ye look peekid...

*after sipping some ale in the galley, mulling over the recent turn of events, the captain's steward finishes the mug before her, and with her thanks to the cook for the hospitality, she head topside to find the quatermaster to give him the answers he was looking for*

Mr. Lasseter sir? *she approaches him* I think I'm ready to tell ye what happened . . . or well . . . what I remeber . . .it's not much . . . kind of all in a haze really.

The Captain had me organising some charts for him like, when I heard the cannon fire in the distance - I had just gotten back from shore, like . . .

didn't think much of it *she takes a minute and pauses, clearly unsure and more then a touch shaken by the events.*

I've witnessed battles before - seen death, or well, killing, but . . .*quickly shakes her head, to clear it and try to refocus her report.*

Anyway sir, i didn't actually come out on deck until I realised we had started firing. I was just starting to look around to see where I could be most helpful when the Captain fell. I couldn't get to him . .. I feel so guilty . . . I should have been there, but there was just chaos . . . *her voice finaly trails to a stop and shrugs with an apologetic look to the quatermaster for the blotchy quality of her memory*

Is there anything else I can tell you sir?

ANOUNCEMENT

THIS IS AN OUT OF STORY ANNOUNCEMENT.

We have recently run into the problem of "time" aboard the Watch Dog. To give us a structure of regular time we are attempting the following schedule. Please adhere to it as much as possible. If the suspension of time becomes an issue, we shall announce a change at that time, but for now, this is the way that days will play aboard the Watch Dog.

Each week shall be played out as two days. Every day shall be a combination of watches equal to eight hours, except weekends, which are a total of eight hours.

Sunday -

The Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Monday -

Morning Watch (4:00 AM - 8:00 AM)

Forenoon Watch (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)

Tuesday -

Afternoon Watch (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

1st Dog Watch (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM)

2nd Dog Watch (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)

Wednesday -

First Watch (8:00 PM - 12:00 AM)

Middle Watch (12:00 AM - 4:00 AM)

Thursday -

Morning Watch (4:00 AM - 8:00 AM)

Forenoon Watch (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM)

Friday -

Afternoon Watch (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

1st Dog Watch (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM)

2nd Dog Watch (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM)

Saturday -

First Watch (8:00 PM - 12:00 AM)

Rinse and Repeat.

I know this may be confusing at first, but hang in there. We'll all get it.

THIS SCHEDULE BEGINS MONDAY AUGUST 15TH. THE SCHEDULE WILL BE PERMANENTLY POSTED UNDER THE ORDERS THREAD

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Heading up into me basket fer me lookouts watch. (Thinkin I guess no news is good news and the likes of or surgeons busy hands bein that they are still in the works repairin and patchin up our good captain. Me thinks he's the better for such a fine effort and will come outa there shootin and pitchin a party.) Settling in I pulls out me brings 'em near and start on the 'orizons. Nice breeze it be.......

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*A rather large shadow comes into the priests veiw, he jumps with a start*

"Ahh, Mr. Powell it is you, for a moment there I thought. . .well never mind. What can I do for ye stout lad?"

* he bows deeply to show his respect*"Miss Kendra has taken to her hammock early, Father. Her eye is bothering her something terrible, however she did with my help of course," *he smiled with pride* "finished the repairs as you requested." *He thrust his arms forward to show him the fine workmanship*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

*A rather large shadow comes into the priests veiw, he jumps with a start*

"Ahh, Mr. Powell it is you, for a moment there I thought. . .well never mind.  What can I do for ye stout lad?"

* he bows deeply to show his respect*"Miss Kendra has taken to her hammock early, Father.  Her eye is bothering her something terrible, however she did with my help of course," *he smiled with pride* "finished the repairs as you requested."  *He thrust his arms forward to show him the fine workmanship*

Simon, it is fine work indeed the bosun will assist ye wit the sailors to get a start on the install. Please, when the Surgeon rests after the Captains surgery have yer Kendra get to the infirmory on the double won't you? Grammercy, Now seein as how I'm outa this here basket would you (so I puts me arm around simons shoulders and turns him around to the direction of the galley) like to join me fer a rightly cold ale then?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Tending to the various necessities top-side, Johnson had not the time to wash up since the horrific encounter. He had spent countless hours clearing the deck of shrapnel debris, and tending to his beloved murder gun.

The left side of his face was caked in dried blood, as was his shoulder and arm. The wounds were mostly superficial yet needed to be tended to none the less. Johnson wiped the mixture of sweat and blood from his tired brow as he headed below deck.

The young murder-gunner's thoughts never left that of his wounded Captain. Johnson had not yet the time to check in on William, as a gunner's duties were to be fulfilled. Johnson was sure the Captain would have it no other way.

As he descended the Dog's wooden steps and entered his quarters, Cut-throat immediately began washing himself at the basin. Within moments he was but a few heavy cuts and bruises, but clean none the less. Once Johnson was properly attired he fastened his baldric and headed to pay his respects to the Captain before his surgery. Whether William was conscious or not, Johnson would pay respect where respect was due......

With the rise of the morning sun, I makes me way past the galley. Looks like Christine made haste to prepare a hearty meal for our weary crew. "Good Morning Miss Christine - the aroma of your meal is certainly inviting. You must have been in here for hours. Have ye gotten any sleep at all lass?"

Tools in hand, I make my way up to the deck to make detailed inspection of the surfaces of our ship. I be using me good eye for this job.

Seems our maintenance took place with perfect timing. (Mr Lasseter and the Captain must have some Irish blood in them. 'Twas pure luck that we gots our ship careened whens we did - me thinks ta meself.)

Night's crew is just about done with their shift and the mornin' crew be joinin me soon... B)

Aye good morrow then good Carpenter I see you were brought back on board in due time. I was below near to that of the surgeons ward and there are a few holes where a certain entrance of ball did weaken a few timbers. Would ye care to see where I mean? Right nice day is it not? I did forget me coffee would you mind if I stopped by the galley for a large?

:: Jack emerges topside, making mental notes of the tasks that need to be accomplished today. As he passes the barge, he stops and critically studies the boats state. He digs in his pocket and produces a tarnished silver Spanish real and attempt to bounce it off the tarpaulin covering the barge. The coin bounces a good metre and a half into the morning air. He catches the coin and puts it back in his pocket and smiles to himself ::

Good morning, Rummy and Monsignor Diego! A fine morning it is. I feel a change in the wind for the better, I do. Winds I pray that will turn our Captain's strength for the better as well.

:: He greets his crewmates as the watch is changed, and he head to the galley for a bit of food and coffee. He sees that food has been prepared, but the cheery melodies usually accompanying the day's meals are strangely absent ::

Christine? Halloo? Oi! Anyone seen Christine about?

:: No one seems to have seen her, but Jack is certain she must be below decks planning the next glorious meal. He helps himself to some food and coffee. As he turns to go back topside, he notices a glint of steel on the decking near the pantry. Jack recognizes it as Christine's personal dagger ::

Now, that's not right... She's not the sloppy type.

:: He retrieves the knife and returns topside to seek out Monsignor Diego ::

Monsignor, have you seen Christine? She's not in the galley, and I found her dagger on the deck. From some fresh scarring of the boards, it looks as if it were dropped.

Aye Jack it is Christines own dagger but nay not I have yet to see her in some time. (scrathes me head and thinks back ) I do remeber hearing her humming whist up in the basket just afore the ship from 'ell played out a scene form a most forgettable afternoons events. I did stop and get coffee this morn but i did not see her. She is a solitary one yet well loved, and dare I say (lookin both right and left) one hell of a cook! Lucky to have her we are! She must be in the hold bringin up stores to prepare. I showed rummy the damage to the area adlourning the surgeons wards but I have yet to be throughout the ship to inspect I'm sure the list is complete of the repairs bee in needed. Me pistols and blunderbuss I gives to you yesterday you saw they were returned to the arms stores I know. I did leave me musket in the basket fer the change. Speakin o which Mad_Jack..... The likes of having any ones of a hundred errghh more ways to board a ship are always playin on me mind, specially in me sleeptime. Me feels a few firin weapons should be always in the baskets. One fer warning and one fer takin first boarders face off. What say?

(lookin up and to the shorelines busy bird involvement) Nice day is it not?

*Morgan takes a deep lung-full of fresh air as morning zephyrs whirl about*

Aye, Diego! A fine morning indeed... but then again, isn't any morning spent on the water a good one?

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

*Christine wakes up to darkness. She feels around, realizing she's in a very small room. It's obvious she's on a ship by the gentle rocking sensation, but this isn't The Watch Dog. She feels her way towards the door which of course is locked. She begins pounding on the door and yelling, hoping someone will hear her. Nothing, eerie silence. She slumps down to the floor. Sitting in this small dark room makes her feel claustrophobic. She closes her eyes and tries to stay calm, breathing slowly.... As she sat there she tried to remember what happened. She remembers the fog, the crew was scrambling about, so much was happening. She was down in the galley, cleaning up. The last thing she remembers was walking up the stairs to see what was going on. Figures were ambling around in the fog, some she recognized as her crew, but the others.....Icy cold hands grabbed her from behind and she blacked out........*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Is there anything else I can tell you sir?

No.... not at th' moment.... thankee..... go on back ta th' galley...

:: The QM thinks for a short time, then passes the word.. ::

Pass the word for Mr. Ciaran!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

:: Jack lets Diego's suggestion sink in for a moment ::

We should take it up with the Quartermaster, to be sure... but I see no ill effects of supplementing the lookouts with a pistol for signalling in case the captain of the watch is out of earshot. I would still like to reserve the option of being able to muster the crew to quarters without tipping our hand to the enemy, in the hope that he may become too brazen and we can greet him more warmly than he's ready for.

:: Jack sips his coffee, and makes a face at the acrid flavour ::

Bloody... this coffee's been on the fire for hours! Something's amiss with Christine. Mr. Morgan! Be so kind as to go below to ship's stores and see if Miss Christine is indisposed, would you?

I can tell you now, Monsignor, that something other than hunger is gnawing at my gut over this.

edited..

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Pass the word for Mr. Ciaran

(His shift over, Ciaran comes down the rope where Mercenary informs him that the QM wishes to see him as quickly as possible. Ciaran thanks her and sees Dorien standing against the far railing.)

Sir, how may I assist ye?

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Sir, how may I assist ye?

Ah, Mr. Ciaran... As one o' th' lookouts on watch while I was off ship...

I need to know e'ery thing tha' went on while I was ashore...

Full details... everythin'....

What orders were given by an' by whom...

::The QM stands back waiting for Mr. Ciaran's report...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye Morgan, tis a fine day indeed. Mad_jack tis a concern of the ships officers fer certs. I have this chore I bagan a week.... no it were two weeks ago.. good lord how time does fly! I must attend and if you will allow my departure? I bid your day with good cheer gentlemen. (I turn to make my descent into the cubby where I am hiding the desk I am making for our captain down one then two then three levels over and then in behind this door i reach and find it locked then hear a scream from within.... I kicks it in to find Christine. Tears marking the soot on her face, I bend and attend to her. Checking her arms and legs for fractures or wounds she seems to be in Gods stead. I help as she gains her balance upon rising to her feet.) She says I was lost and thought I was having a nightmare then woke up and knew I was kidnapped and on another ship! There, there I say, lets get you over to the surgeon lass and make certain you are no worse for wear. (as I am holing her she is sobbing lightly and I pat her on the shoulder I feel a very large bump, begins its way on the back of her neck and goes up to the back of her head onto her scalp) does this bump hurt? I ask she shakes her head no. (we ascend the stair to the surgeon where Armand is in front of the door.) Armand sir! Christine here, I believe was knocked unconscious and I just found her in the bilge.

*her mind swims about, trying to figure out what happened. She recognizes the faces of some of the crew members, but then how did she get locked in the room? Who put her there? They get her to relax as the surgeon tends to the large bump.*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

In good hands I take leave and return to the room where I found Christine and begin my lookabout. I see that two water barrels are out off there racking and lying on the floor. (God could she have been in here since the battle with the devil ship?) I pass it off but cant lift the barrel to replace it to it's stred home.

:: Upon getting word that Christine is found and not seriously injured, Jack goes on about his duties. He goes below to the Armoury to perform the daily arms inventory, placing Christine's knife on a small shelf until she is released by the surgeon. He quietly sings a tune as he works... ::

I love goin' swimmin'

with bowlegged women,

and swim between their legs...