Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*finishes pipe and stands up*

There is no ghost ship nor ghost, what had happened was this. The other vessel clearly saw she was out classed, loaded double charges of powder to screen her escape. As for the fog and rain, well, many of you know the odd types of weather that these here islands bring about, you all saw there storm aproching. The battle, my fellow sailors was real enough.

*touches his head and holds up blood.*

These splinters in me scalp are real, are wounded captain is real, as many other brave sailors who fought, that are now awaiting our good doctors attention, are real. Now there will be no more talk of this ghost nonsense. If any of you seem to hear or see things your just in shock,combat can have that effect. You all performed your tasks spot on. Now, lets get this mess cleaned up, turn this ship around and make back to the cove, where we will anchor and pick up or mates that or at shore! NOW MOVE!

Petee-2.jpg

Consciousness slowly began to take hold of Johnson. What had just transpired ? The murder gunner realized that he was staring at the sky. But why ? Smoke whisped across his face as he inhaled it's devilous sting. The flicker of flames danced about the deck as Johnson lay upon his back.

Rolling on his side, Cut-throat was incredibly slow to rise. His body ached immensly. Blood ran down the length of his wood peppered arm and face. " Bloody hell ! " he thought to himself. " What in the name o' the abyss happened ? ". Johnson could not remember for the life of him.

Glancing down the length of the embattled deck, Johnson spotted his Master Gunner with a nasty head wound. " Mister Petee sir ! What happened sir ? Yer' bleedin'....all o' us are bleedin'. What the hell happened ? ".

Johnson tried his best to fight the amnesia he was afflicted by to no avail. His memory did not serve him at this moment. Reaching to his injured arm, Cut-throat pulled a wooden splinter from his blood-soaked shoulder. He then began to yank out the ones that decorated his face.

(Morning slowly dawns, clear and calm. His body aching, Ciaran climbs to the nest to relieve Swan of her nightwatch. It had not been a restful night for anyone on board The Watch Dog. Few, if any, mates had slept more than a couple of hours. Everyone was stunned, talking of the battle with The Dark Lament, the Captain's serious injury, the strange weather, the damage to the ship.

Swan and Ciaran simply nod hellos to one another this new day, too tired for conversation. Ciaran situates himself, pulls out his spyglass and attempts to focus on the horizon.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*Kendra so wanted to help the others during the skermish, but Simon made her stay below. Believe me Miss Kendra it is best you stay right wher you are, while I go help. *The sounds of the yellin of orders and cannon shot, brought her back to the day she was about 3, when she lost her father and 12 year old brother Matthew. Through all the noise she tried to sing herself to sleep but to no avail. I n the moring light she looked down from her hammock and found Simon snoring away she sliped her hand into his and gave it a squeeze* "Thank you for keeping him safe she Whipered*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

{I take a little time to get ready for this weekends Ren Faire, and all hell breaks loose! :lol: }

:: Jack awakens with a pounding head. He remembers cannonfire and an flying debis, and a sickeningly cold fog. He fights nauseating dizziness as he climbs to his feet, and his right knee screams in pain and refuses to support his weight. Looking down, he sees that a piece of shattered wood has lodged itself in the side of his knee. A look of annoyance crosses his face, and he tears off a length of his sash. He wads up the sash, then looks upward as he takes hold of the overgrown splinter. He extends his leg just short of straight, and begins to work the projectile out of his leg. It finally pulls free, and Jack examines to wound. It's seeping, but not the gout of blood he feared. He stuffs the fabric into the wound, and tears off more sash material to tie the packing in place ::

No major cables cut, so that's promising... Now, to see how badly we're damaged.

:: He gets to his feet and starts scanning the deck ::

What the bloody hell happened?!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

--on the way from town back to the cove--

:: Dorian and Armand walking in conversation, the topic straying to and fro, talk of life at sea, life on land, exotic places, common streets and so on... as they walk, the faint echoes of either thunder or cannon fire is heard on the breeze.... Dorian stops, cocks his head to the side...::

Did ye hear tha' lad? I canna tell iffn 'tha' was thunderin' guns 'r clouds...

::Armand tries to listen to what Dorain speaks of... all he hears is the rustle of the palms and brush, the occasional sounds from the distant town...::

"Non, Dorian... I hear nothing of that...."

Shhhhhhhh!!! ::Hisses the QM, as he holds up a hand...::

Mayhaps we should make haste ta th' ship... lets 'ope nuthin's gone wrong whilst we's away.... t'would be alll th' damn luck....

::The nod to each other and start off again at a quick pace... they reach a bit of a clearing and see dark clouds in the usually clear blue sky ::

Ah, musta been thunder... look at them clouds... mayhaps we best hurry, they's look like they'll give us a goode blow... best ta be belowdecks fer tha'....

::So, they continue through the trees at a brisk walk, trying to catch glimpses of the darkened sky through the trees, hoping that they can get back aboard before being drenched...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Never afore has the dark side been so an involving menace. I have seen Gods work I have been there when miracles where of the happenings. I have never seen the likes of the devils own brigade but this, this one act of the incarnates own blasphemous random and focused attack upon the Watch Dog will nye be forgot, or explained. Crew I says as I weakly drop my way back down to the deck below. Crew I says we were just introduced to hell itself. The embodiment of the putrification of all that wreaks and dies livid. We prevailed men! We are to see this through, to the end. We have met the enemy he turned and ran. I have only the lost humbled cudos to offer to ye all ye stepped up ye rammed yer fist down the stinkin buggers throat and ye pulled out his heart! fer that a prayer. God ye have again so wonderously protected the likes o this grand crew, give credence to this request that our fallen captain is no more hurt that a church mouse on the sabbath. Graamercy fer yer care and as we live and breathe we add to your glory in your name. Amen

Now how is the captain?

Badger, ye and Mad_Jack need to address our shore party and get them back on board.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: He looks over the side and sees that the anchor cable's been cut ::

Blast and damn!! We're adrift! Barge crew, and anyone able, ready the boat! I need two men to pay out the tow line and stand ready to hand it off to the barge when we're in position. I want everyone armed to the bloody teeth!

We'll use the barge to hold the ship in place. Mister Lasseter had to have heard that ruckus! If he's still alive, I want him to find us ready to get under way, not grounded.

Mister Ciaran! How badly are we hurt? Are we taking on water? And where's the Captain? Was he struck?!

Thank you, Father. God be with us all.

Barge crew!! A last check of arms, and take your stations! Be ready to fire only on my order, savvy? The man who fires before my word will find themselves on the end of my blade, and that is no idle threat.

Once we are afloat and at station keeping, I want 6 of you as ready marksmen. 3 facing starboard, 3 to larboard. If ordered to fire, you will do so at my mark, and fire two then two then two. I want steady fire, not volleys.

Now, launch the boat!

-- in the woods --

::Dorain and Armand continue at a brisk pace, the soil becoming sandy, they know that they are soon to gain the beach head::

AH, we be back soon... alla this walkin' fast is wearin' me out... how ye doin' Lad?

::He looks over to Armand, who smiles and nods, but does not speak.. Suddenly he stops and his face goes grey::

"Dorian! The ship! She is gone!"

::He points to the cove through the sparce trees, there is not a ship, but empty water::

Christ! Come on!!! Back inta th' woods!!!

::Dorian grabs Armand by the shoulder and shoves him, running back into the deep brush, out of sight.... He draws and checks his dragoon pistol, shoves it back into his belt, draws his ships pistol, checks it, shoves it back...::

Damn!!! mayhap tha' was cannon fire! We best keep outta sight till we know what 'appened... Bloody Hell!!!

:: they retreat into the depths of the trees ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*noticing that if the quatrtermaster and any other sailors should return, the would,nt be able to see the ship from her position.*

Jack, ifin ya could , take your barge n crew ta da shore of da cove an wait fer our quartermaster. I'll av the helmsmen bring us about, untill we can see da coves shore, where we will drop da spare anchor, that way any sailor still on da island can see we avn't left um and we can also give you some cover fire with our guns.

Petee-2.jpg

~The crew would notice that all repairs to the ship are going well no major damage was actually done. However there is an odd leaking of sea water and blood seeping from the boards pooling on the deck and then vanishing. The storm grows thick and heavy in the east but the sun shines brightly above them. The crew can see huge swells and waves in the distance but no waves hit us. The rank stench of death is still on the air. ~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Aye, Mr. Youngblood. I hadn't realized how far we'd drifted. I hope we won't need your guns, but I'm more than secure knowing we have your cover.

Belay that tow line and return to your ready stations!

:: Jack eases himself into the barge, careful not to strain his throbbing knee ::

Make for the shore. The firing orders remain unchanged. Lively now, lads! If these devils have laid an abuscade for Mr. Lasseter, let's be there to blow it back to hell for 'em!

:: He sets about loading the boat's gun ::

Now, Delilah, let's make sure you're in fine voice, shall we?

watching the goings on and to that the shore party is addressed and the return of them emminent. I remove myself from the deck leaving that to which Badger has the helm and the mastergunner at his side. (I turn to speak to each) gentlemen you were most admirable in combined effort I am going below to see in on the captain.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Aye boy ye can. be not afraid of the most talented surgeon in fact I hears it then ye speak french ye should give Tempest a load for sore ears ye should. I must get a cup of the coffe on the way Merc would ye care fer the likes?

and then to the ward. Aye

Merc passes on the coffee and together we make entry into the doctors arena. I looks in and see the captain on his back pleasantly breathing aloud (but quietly) i backs and lets Merc see in as well, mentioning to her in a whisper I thinks botherin 'im isn't my charge. I drink of the coffe and hear Merc in her own prayer for our Captian and I add god bless ye child. God bless ye too captain, gods speed.