Pyrates of the West Coast

Captain no one has laft to retrieve the shore party. I would like ta think that ifin we are, were, have been, being watched from thar, over thar (as I trun to point to the batten downed area of much traffic, nowheres near to where our crews goes or went.) Ifin we're bein watched sir, a few of us with silent skills sir! Just might do some real dammage to any layin in wait to our shore party returning from town. you know they very well were seen leaving and could well be followed and marked sir?

"No, Monsignor. I cannot risk it.

I do not think that those ships out there put into shore to attack any on land when they could have us all togther here on board and be done with us all at once.

I would not see any of the shore party come to harm, but if I send anymore ashore while they wait out there, then we are rendered even more desperate. Besides, we have yet to see if they are in any conjunction, one with the other."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: Jack moves quietly among those present, making sure they are armed. He does so almost as if performing an inspection, handing the arms off very close to each crewman, in case prying eyes are upon the deck that might be tipped off by a general muster ::

With any luck, they'll figure this is just another drill on our part...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Yes Sir,

~swan gathers her weapons as orderd and slings her bow and quiver over her shoulder as she puts all her other arms in appropriate places and climbs the rigging to the fore basket as Diego climbs up the aft Basket. ~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

(Ciaran, now armed, has again joined Swan in the riggin'. Spyglass aimed at the foreign ship)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

(holding me hands cupped so as to not throw me voice towards the deck) Pssst Pssst! Swan Ciaran! Psssst! (they both look over at me and I'm animated) I am going to bet that there is a land force in the jungle and they are watching us. I mean only one is needed to watch the ships. and only one ship out there got all our attention. then there's two, I think our adversaries are hoping we keep no one home ahind us so Ciaran and I will take the rear Swan you stay with the ships I feel about eight bells to dusk. Now lets not miss a thing ok? ok

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

~swan looks around to Ciaran and up to Diego and grins.~

Good company mates.

~she looks up and nods to Diego understanding full well~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

(Ciaran and Diego maneuver themselves around and begin watching the land for any movement)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

William watches the tightening grip of the Dark Lament. She draws in close then passes on the blindside of the Merchantman making it impossible to see her behind the larger cargo vessel.

What is not impossible to make out is the exchange of cannon fire. The Dutch ship exchanges a broadside with her oppressor.

The din carries over the water. The ringing bell sound of small cannons and the heavy concussive explosion of greater guns mix together into one terrible storm of volleys. Black and blue smoke fills up the space between them and William is just turning to give word to his crew, when he notices something that causes him to turn back...

For while there is cannon fire, the sounds of impact seem too quiet, almost subdued. The exchange continues with much commotion and yelling, but to anyone who has heard such battle before, the lack of any blasted wood or shattering timbers among the roar of powder is too strange not to be noticed.

Then the Dark Lament clears the Merchantman bearing off at great speed, bearing no mark from the exchange.

"TO THE RIGGING! EVERY SAILOR ALOFT!"

~Swan is watching this curiously and looks over to Diego and Ciaran. A flash of lightening illuminates the area but no thunder. A small breeze blows up with a hint of something else in it other than the smell of powder. The sent is rank in some way.~

~anyone that is watching can see a small whirlpool forming and a storm brewing directly over head of the Dark Lament. The breez picks up once again and the smell of rot and decay fills the nostrils of the crew. Swan looks to Diego and Ciaran for any sign that they smell the stench as well and that she's not just loosing it.~

'Twould appear that I'll never get a replacement hammock with all this fuss going on.

:: (Takes another swig from the doctor's prescribed elixir; suffers a paroxysm of coughing...) ::

Ugh. Foul stuff, indeed. Erg -- what's that smell? Kinna be this damned elixir -- somethin' foul on the wind, I'd wager. But, I'd rather have the fevers back than drink this swill. I'd wager Ol' Sawbones is out to run me in with this poison. Er, Hmmm...

:: (Eyes the fluorescent green liquid, then pitches the bottle overboard) ::

There. That'll either save me or kill me.

Now, I'd better have a look at these charts...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

(keeping a watch toward the jungle and land, yet turnin' his head every so often to watch the devilish weather and events at sea, Ciaran whispers...)

What in bloody hell be going on, Diego?

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

:: Standing in the rigging with the rest of the crew, Jack sees the strange storm forming directly above the Dark Lament after their even stranger exchange with the merchantman. The wind shifts with the coming of the storm, and carries on it stench like the draft from a slaughterhouse. And how did she pick up that must speed without losing a mast? Jack's blood ran cold as he watched this unholy spectacle... ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Monkeys! Those bushes are not moving from monkeys (cups me hands and says to Petee) get yer and everyones arses off the ropes and on the deck get yer back covered from the shore ahind us i think they are amassing a flank manuever and will try boarding us from the rear whilst we are hypnotized by events on the ocean. Petee get mad_jack ta have the barge loaded up and man the swivels don't fire in case the ships out thar truly dont know we're here but ifin they dont we dont want them too on a silly land invasion cause. and keep a low profile.

Ciaran you've got the ships. Swan Psst! Swan! get yer bow ready from a rear attack lass I see the bushes moving but they are smart enough to stay past the line of sight. What would be strange would be natives thinkin us a prize!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Jesus H Christ! Its Frickin Dorian out there (so I does whats I does best and cups me hands and yells across the distance to the jungle side of the lagoon) couldn't find the path eh mate? shyte he looks tipsy! Stand down men. Dorian, Armand, Rummy and Hawks wait someone else is with them! Mumblin whilst lookin through me brings em near "I sees ya" (I wave to them and look down and address) Jack we'll need ta go and gets em!

Swan take a break mayhaps even a nap afore yer shift. Ciaran you and I will stay up here till the ships out thar is without due report.

William stops on his way midships, staring aloft at a sight almost as incomprehensible as the ship that is bearing down on them. Far from assisting the other men aloft in the setting of sails, the Master Gunner is smoking his pipe.

William stare at this gross negligence of duty and is at a complete loss for words. Only the whistle of a passing musket ball brings him back to himself.

"WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU DOING, MISTER YOUNGBLOOD!? SET SAILS YOU DAMN FOOL!"

Sighting the ship still bearing down on the Watch Dog, William rushes forward along the gun deck. He gains the bow in a few quick strides and begins to hack away the anchor cable.

(calling from aloft)

Captain! She has her guns aimed at us and is comin' on fast!

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

they are firing at us! (i fires one back and it smokes the helmsman) I look over to Ciaran Its you and me mate wish I hadn't sent Swan below! Two shots whiz through me basket. I looks back to Ciaran do you see whos firing and where from? He looks at me and shakes his head no I looks back and glimps a prone shooter no two lying down on the fore castle ( I says To Cairan they are lying on the deck of the fore castle two of em and them two are ours )