Pyrates of the West Coast

::  Jack stops in his tracks and turns back to the impressive sight of Monsignor Diego dressed for combat ::

Padre!  Excellent!  Now I'm feeling better about this.  A trial by fire it may well be, since we've had precious little practice in this area.  May I have your and Ciaran's assistance in making sure that our able seaman we have masquerading as marines are properly fitted out to board or defend?  Grazzi!

this silent cast of charactures are a blade yielding lot of certain non compare. They were sought through out the islands here and have all brought the most of the weapons in our quartemasters charge. Like walkin to the pub mate once ye been there ye nay forget. Now wheres the captain? I needs to see blood and it's not gonna be any a my friendses. look (I turn me attetion to the ship in approach and point) she turnion off to the west nay not almost a 90 degree turn about face away!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William walks out onto the deck wearing a face as unreadable as a dead language.

"Who gave the order to be to quarters, with our anchor still at rest, our sails tied up and our Ship's Master and all important carpenter still shore?"

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

--Ashore, heading into the Tsunami Kate--

:: as the QM and Armand, with Johann the Smith in tow, enter the 'Kate', they are bumped into by the Master Carpenter::

"Just in tyme tas whet our whistles, I says. How be ye this fyne day mates? "Says Rummy

Aye Lass, who'd ye bring ashore wi' ye? I don't see any o th' other lads wi' ye?

Well, we in fer a wee nip then must away... ::jerks thumb towards the big man:: this 'ere be Johann Shwartzstahl... best weapons smith I know...

::They amble in, up to the bar and order, Dorian laying down some coin.... once served, they toast the ship, drain thier drinking vessels...::

Ah!!! Grande! Grande indeed... As much as I'd like ta jaw 'bout 'r past.... we must away... :: looks about and sees Rummy :: You too Lass!!!! we best be gettin' back ta 'r ship...

::Armand, enjoying the atmosphere, seems saddened to have to leave after such a brief visit... but he understands the need to return to the ship, to the Surgeon, to what lays ahead for all::

"Bon.... let us go then..."

::So off Dorian and Armand go, bidding a farewell to Johann the smith and the folks in the Kate... As they depart, heading to the edge of town ::

Aye Lad, 'ave one o' these til we get ta shore side..

::Dorian pulls one of the new blades fron the parcel and hands it to Armand::

Tis a fine weapon... well balanced an' actually tis a horseman's sword... Tho straight bladed, does a grande job....

http://www.armourclass.co.uk/Data/Gfx/Big%...well%20Long.jpgBig%20Cromwell%20Long.jpg

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

William walks out onto the deck wearing a face as unreadable as a dead language.

"Who gave the order to be to quarters, with our anchor still at rest, our sails tied up and our Ship's Master and all important carpenter still shore?"

No orders givn Captain Sail ho and jes bein with a tad bit a gettin to the ready ifin needed. Ya know ya wouldn't want the likes of a crew that weren't prepared fer yer orders but we are ready to defend should that ship out thar...Speakin a which did ya seem ta notice the ship giving chase without firing a shot has already got a white flag of resignation from the merchant ship and! Sir ifin they sees us over here well then I be puttin me weapons away no need fer being ready i'd think?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

~Swan looks out and climbs half way up the rigging again. She looks out and grins~

Sirs, the merchantier is turning off and moving away from us.

~She turns with a grin then her face goes white and stiff. She turns her head so fast back at the ship that it's amaizing it didn't snap off her shoulders. She squints her eyes and cocks her head. She is silent mouth slightly opened and stairing fixedly out to the ships.~

"There's a ship in the distant east.... Full sailed, Sir. It's chasing the merchant ship, Sir a narrow league betwix the two ship's. Its an unknown ship to my eye sir, but most certainly pirate.

Captain Sir, if you'll be excusing me sir, we need to be all hands and making ready to let fly the sails and hauling anchor as soon as we can sir.

~she looks back to the two ships and turns again to the Captain~

SIR! Merchant vessle has a white flag and is luffing up her sails.

~she hops down off the rigging and moves to the Captain~

Captain sir...another pirate ship and a merchent ship, we could gain ourselves a bounty if we took them. But, to be sure I'd feel a bit safer if we were ready to run or ready to fight quickly Sir.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

*Walks past the Captain with mended shirts an breeches under her arm. Just shakes her head, Men will do anything jus for the smell of gun powder!"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

I called my gunners to quarters, to make ready, sir. Jus in cas da need arose, sir.

Petee-2.jpg

If I may say so, sir, The need is arising just look east at the un known pirate ship giving Chase to the merchanter....or did no one hear what I just said?

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

~she squints and looks out again and makes an odd face~ Blue and Silver from what I can see, Sir

If I may say so, sir, The need is arising just look east at the un known pirate ship giving Chase to the merchanter....or did no one hear what I just said?

"I'll ignore that, Miss Swan. For the record, I am fully aware of the gravity of the situation and the threat of the ships off our quarter."

William stands at the rail for a long time with a spyglass to his eye. The merchant is retarding her progress and the aggressor is quickly closing the gap on her prize.

"Mister Youngblood. The gunnery crew shall remain at their posts until relieved. I want two lookouts to remain aloft at all times. Bring Jack up here at once and send a runner ashore for the carpenter and ship's master."

If I may say so, sir,  The need is arising just look east at the un known pirate ship giving Chase to the merchanter....or did no  one hear what I just said?

"I'll ignore that, Miss Swan. For the record, I am fully aware of the gravity of the situation and the threat of the ships off our quarter."

~while waiting for orders she looks to the Captain.~

Captain, for the record that wasn't meant for you but Kendra and Petee who I thought missed my big mouth. I appologise sir.

:: Jack comes up to the main deck from the armoury with two armloads of muskets, and stops dead at the doorway when he sees the remarkable lack of preparation taking place. He looks left, then right, and sees the Captain standing stiffly on deck. Jack knows that he's just made the Devil's own noise on his arrival, so he simply stands there, looking a bit puzzled ::

Ah, well. This can't be good...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

William just nods then points out to the two ships.

"Miss Swan.  What do you see?"

Captain, If I might sir I'd like ta be in the crows nest and one of the two lookouts. Ciaran is below gettin 'is gear but he was lookin ahind us on the edge of the jungle thar over thar I think he has found a path or a well traveled path anyway with broken limbs I seen in his gone. Me think we have been watched and should liken to think too! That if that merchant hadn't sauntered right up, hips flagging the deapness of her hull. If she hadn't a come along I liken ta think that we were the other ships first prey be changed, and Gods blessed we are!

~Swan climbs the rigging and looks out. She hollars up to the watch to drop down the glass. She catches it with out a problem and holds it to her eye~

Looks like all hands to deck on the merchant Sir, signalling their surendor. Pirate ship still giving chase and closing the distance...I can't tell properly if we've been seen yet, Sir.

~She jumps slightly~

They're opening the cannon ports on the Pirate ship sir...And her name is the Dark Lament.

Permission to get my arms sirs?

Swan, Get yer bow We aren't weighing anchor with the quartermaster, Arman and the carpenter and smithee on shore. Captain I'd like to see you put a few on the shore hidden so as to address any chasers to the shore party pon arrival. You know gets any enemys in a cross fire? That too being said I'll too come and be yer back Swan That is If the Captain says its need be of course!

"Gentlemen! Please!

William waits for silence.

"The merchantman is riding low, but she must have considerable weight high and to her sides. See how it causes her to loll despite the relatively calm sea? That means she may be carrying cannon of significant number and size. She also has the advantage of more sail than her aggressor. So why is she surrendering to the second ship? Why does she not simply stay her course into waters of safety?

There are two explanations.

First, the merchantman is drawing her enemy into range so that she might surprise her oppressors.

Or second, and this is much worse for us, they are not enemies at all, but are play acting to draw us out or come in close upon us.

If we go out against the merchantman, then she fires upon us while the second ship flanks us. Or we don't go out, then they reveal themselves and come in together, diminishing our choices of retreat or attack."

William pauses to watch both ships with a careful eye.

"If we should be attacked now and suffer great damage, without the greater skills of our carpenter, we could be lost.

Now we must play the most dangerous game of all. The waiting game.

Jack. See that everyone is armed. Diego and Swan, you have the lookout. Mister Youngblood, please leave the gunports closed. I don't want them to think we suspect anything, and if they are not working together, I don't wish to alarm the merchantman further. At least for now."

Captain no one has laft to retrieve the shore party. I would like ta think that ifin we are, were, have been, being watched from thar, over thar (as I trun to point to the batten downed area of much traffic, nowheres near to where our crews goes or went.) Ifin we're bein watched sir, a few of us with silent skills sir! Just might do some real dammage to any layin in wait to our shore party returning from town. you know they very well were seen leaving and could well be followed and marked sir?

Aye Lad, 'ave one o' these til we get ta shore side..

::Dorian pulls one of the new blades fron the parcel and hands it to Armand::

Tis a fine weapon... well balanced an' actually tis a horseman's sword... Tho straight bladed, does a grande job....

http://www.armourclass.co.uk/Data/Gfx/Big%...well%20Long.jpgBig%20Cromwell%20Long.jpg

::Armand takes the sword from Dorian, draws it and does much the same that he witnessed earlier...::

"Oui, it is a fine blade... You wish me to have this til we are at the ship? Merci...."

::Dorian nods, placing his hand on the pommel of the sword of the same type gracing his side...::

Do ye think th' Cap'n will appreciate one 'o these? I hope so...

::they continue their brisk walk, nearing the ship every step, enjoying each others company... a bond of brotherhood strenghtening every moment::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org