Pyrates of the West Coast

having the persistance to stay and sit through a most enjoyable lite sup. I retreat to my own bunk and find my cot has gone missing (never thinking twice about it i was on it in the sick bay) I mumble aloud "where is my cot?" to no avail my words go unheard on the steamy air on second decks aft quarters. I rally my senses only to become beleaguered with the thought of needing it and not having it I walk down the way and up and see the sick bay and it dawns on me. My cot be there, yes it must be, it has to be! I'll jes go and fetch it....

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendra calls out* Good evening Monsingnor, sharing thought with the Lord are ye?

how ar your robes holding up?" *Shugs shoulders* must not have heard me

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: the QM watches as Armand opens the seachest, moves asside a fine pair of riding boots and a very fine coat, revealing a horsemans sabe. The QMs eyes light up and his brows raise ::

" You will be so kind to place this in a very secure place and out of general sight? I have no real desire to hand this over, but it is out of respect for regulations that I do so." says Armand

:: The QM, still looking at the sword and back at Armand's troubled face, he slowly nods ::

I c'n very much understand why ye wish ta not part wi' such a fine sword... Tis quite a beauty, Lad.... *he leans closer to see the details better* I canna say I's seen it's equal, 'sept when I was in Marseilles...

::his voice trails off and a look of confusion crosses his face::

Armand.... Am I ta assume this be yer sword?

::Armand, looking directly at Mr. Lasseter, takes a deep breath thn nods quickly:: Oui...

::The QM nods his head, then clears his throat::

Aye, Lad.... much is not as it seems...

I tell ye what... lock tha' back in yer chest.... I believe I' need ta speak wi' Tempest an' th' Cap'n... No... ye must be present too... Would not be right iffn' ye weren't....

Aye, put it away, we'll sort out some things afore long....

::He stands and watches as Armand, relaxes just a touch, then replaces the sword deep into the chest, laying the coat and boots back atop, closing and locking the chest::

Aye... Soon enough, Lad.. or shoud I call ye Comte?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

William watches the boat crew lower and launch a half dozen times until the lads are quite worn out. Jack manages to make them enjoy the hard training again and again.

"Good man. They're all good. I don't envy the ship that comes up against us, or the crew of that ship. I can't imagine staring down Mister Youngblood's crew of gunners or facing off against our boarders."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:: The QM leaves Admand to his thoughts and finds his way up on deck, seeing the Captain watching the boat crew hoist away, for who knows how many times...::

Aye Cap'n... how...how goes th' drillin'?

Ah, might we in th' next day r' so have a meetin' wi' the Surgeon an' 'er servant? I think there be somat ye an' I have th' need ta know... nothin' ta threaten th' ship, mind ye... just.... somat we should know...

I'll be below... seein' Iffn' I c'n find Tempest, 'r the Surgeon....

:: knuckles forehead ::

Cap'n...

:: he goes below, look in on Armand and decides a different thing to do. He goes to his quarters, opens his seachest and pulls out a box the size of a pistol case, then heads back on deck, to the sterm rail of the quarterdeck. He opens the box to reveal a reed stem, clay pipe and a drawstring bag and a device that looks partly like a pistol... opening the bag and putting the pipe bowl in, he packs it full of tobacco, he then puts the stem in his teeth, pulls the other instrument out of the box, fiddles with it, then works the action, where a spark, then flame appears at one end, he lights the pipe and smoke flows from his mouth... closing the instrument, the flame is extinguished, then it is put back into the box along with the tobacco pouch. The QM stares out to sea while slowly puffing away....lost in contemplation...:::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

As I get there the quartermaster (Dorian) is making an exit and we face each other as he takes pause filling the door with his stately frame and then says "aye Monsignor you are still up and about eh?" Yes a said my cot I must have forgot and left it here in the sick bay and then just sorted it all out and came to reclaim it. (He turned left the door and said) very well good evening then rest well and was off! I turned and looked into the sick bay to see Armand bendin over a locker and Tempest walking towards me from the side room where my cot I could see was still there (Thank you, God) She looked me over into my eyes and made me look side to side, follow her finger and then she checked my ears and whumped me up the side o the head! then she said "it was a good thing you did not eat all that the cabin boy left you two days ago. Good as you could have killed yourself with the degree of cramping and sickness that should have followed such disregard for orders. You are iether lucky? or just smart? I think lucky...." I said I had came to retrieve my hammock and would be about fer a few days and that I would still be taking it way to the slows. I grabbed the hammock, bowed said grammercy and made my exit.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

A single rider approaches the beachhead.

He arrives slowly with some measured caution at first, but then cries out for a boat. William watches him wave from shore for a time before drawing out his spyglass to scrutinize the insistent fellow. After much examination, William determines that the man can be of little harm, since he bears but one small pistol and a canvas satchel that he holds up, probably to signify some message or errand.

"It looks as though your crew will have one more practice today, Jack. Lower away."

William watches the boat crew fall into a now familiar routine of swinging out the barge and lowering away. They each fall into place at their oars with a practiced confidence and William joins Jack aboard the Samson.

"They've become a fine little crew under you tutelage, Jack. A fine little crew."

They push off from the ship.

(Ciaran finally locates Monsignor Diego setting his up his cot)

Diego, I am most happy to see ye up and about. I have heard some of the men sayin' that ye were askin' bout the water from the spring. The shock of the serpent must have caused ye to forget many of the events of that fateful evenin'.

Ye and I did find yer spring and we filled and corked the ten barrels that we had brought with us in the small boat. Do ye not remember? Those barrels of good water were brought back here with us the next mornin' when I rowed up to the ship. There was much attention givin' first, me heartie, to ye and yer well-being. But jes before headin' down to Surgery with ye, I called back and instructed a few of the men to haul up the barrels of water. I do not know where they were placed afterwards, but they are onboard the Watch Dog. Perhaps the Captain knows where they be.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Upon reaching shore, William borrows a pistol from Jack and steps out onto the beach. He walks up to the man, watching him for any sudden movements, but the man just stands there beside his horse.

"Good evening, sir. May I ask what business you have with us?"

The man doesn't respond, but rather, his eyes go to the boat again and again. William watches the man watching the boat before speaking to the man a second time.

"Is something the matter, sir? Are you lost?"

"Are you the one they call Red Wake?" the man manages.

William tries not to show surprise, but fails a little and wonders if the man notices. Neither of them speak for a long time, but the man withdraws a large folded envelope from his satchel.

"I was sent to give you this, Captain."

William excepts the envelope and before he can question the man any further the man is slipping into the saddle. William begins to call him back, but the man seems in too great a haste to be stopped by words. William stands a long time with envelope in hand watching the man go and realizes again that the man isn't riding off because of him.

"He's afraid of someone in the boat", William thinks as he turns to the Samson's crew, wondering who it is.

Once everyone returns to the Watch Dog, William thanks Jack and his crew and takes the envelope below.

Well now Rummy. Seeins ya found me e're wit Cut Throat. I got me a bit o tyme while he be unwrappin his new item and inspectin it. Now... what be on yer mind that I can do fer ya Lass?

Jonathan walks Rummy a few paces away so they can talk.

Shoots anything that moves!!

As all had quieted from the stewing of the day, Armand left the familiarity of the Ward for the unbound spaces of fresh air above. The evening breezes had renewed in stregnth, driving some of the balminess from the quality of breathablilty as he viewed the departure of a lone rider in the near distance. Sights of such stirred the inner depths of his soul, shadows from the past and the Motherland taunted as he approached the bowsprit and its solitude. He had not expected the subtle recognitions that had played the Quartermaster's expression upon the opening of the sea chest and Armand had forced his unease into check, but not completely. He inwardly knew that Colleen had nothing but the highest opinion for the particular officer and had that not been the case, the sabre would have never been shown or proffered. Never the less, Armand had never anticipated that Mr. Lasseter would have conceived the nature regarding the chest's content. ..If he recognized what was shown, then the service pistol that lay hidden just below the other objects would have done nothing less than solidify some truths.

Shifting stance against the larboard rail, he considered carefully the idea presented of a private meeting with the Capitaine. Armand had gained a great amount of respect for the gentleman that oversaw the Watch Dog, even more so since observing the way he had carried himself in the meeting with Capitaine Moreau. Having knownLe Nymphe's leader for as long and as well as he did, Armand was very aware that it was no small feat to manage what "Capitaine Holland" had accomplished. Recalling boyhood in his father's house, than as a Lieutenant de chasseurs a' cheval de la Regiment du Daphin, he had learned to spot officers of high dedication, ambition and quality...But, what would be breeched in this private session on the nearing horizon?

Instinct called for caution, the Frenchman did not care to dwell on certain aspects of the past, much less speak of it in great detail. The few verbalizations that had occured were discussed in small pieces betwixt Colleen and himself. There was never any call to delve into it too heavily for Mademoiselle Fitzgerald knew the whole torrid tale. They had known each other since childhood and were as close as siblings, though no blood conection existed, and there was a great amount of comfort and ease that lay betwixt them.

With a heavy exhaulation, Armand pondered the future twists of fate while gazing to the expanse of deep blue beyond the cove's edges.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Trying to get comfortable while lying on top of one of the 18 pounders, he sits up and walks to the center of the main deck, noticing a figure standing near the bow, he looks up to the mainmast crows nest and climbs the rat lines. Once he reahes the crows nest he sits and pulls out his pipe, lights it and starts to take long drags. He pulls out a pistol from his boot and begins to clean it. Statisfied he tucks the pistol back in his boot and pulls out his flask from his belt pouch and takes a swig. Leans his head back and stairs at the stars while letting long puffs of smoke escape his mouth.*

Petee-2.jpg

Well now Rummy. Seeins ya found me e're wit Cut Throat. I got me a bit o tyme while he be unwrappin his new item and inspectin it. Now... what be on yer mind that I can do fer ya Lass?

Jonathan walks Rummy a few paces away so they can talk.

I been wantin ta talks to ya about where we be with th' repairs of the Longboat and the Watch Dog... the men have fitted the deck and side planking perfectly. Beautiful mahogany we've used. Caulkers then plugged up the holes between the planks and now the surface is so smooth it appears almost seamless now. Just imagine her speed~ I do so like tas imagine her on the open sea agains, I do! :ph34r:

(Ciaran finally locates Monsignor Diego setting his up his cot)

Diego, I am most happy to see ye up and about. I have heard some of the men sayin' that ye were askin' bout the water from the spring. The shock of the serpent must have caused ye to forget many of the events of that fateful evenin'.

Ye and I did find yer spring and we filled and corked the ten barrels that we had brought with us in the small boat. Do ye not remember? Those barrels of good water were brought back here with us the next mornin' when I rowed up to the ship. There was much attention givin' first, me heartie, to ye and yer well-being. But jes before headin' down to Surgery with ye, I called back and instructed a few of the men to haul up the barrels of water. I do not know where they were placed afterwards, but they are onboard the Watch Dog. Perhaps the Captain knows where they be.

Aye Ciaran i had no recolection of that but I do know that the ships carpenter has made a great effort to preparing many new barrels and I can't think of anythin better than new wood and sweet water we must return afore weighing anchor and fill these new barrels as well. Again kind sir you have been most admirably taking my care, I thank thee. But alas this day has met my ending and I feel tired beyond memory. Good day sir (I sat back and turned to lie back and .........)

waking earlier than my norm I ease out of my cot and slip into me clothing and boots quietly I makes me way down the corridor up one, two, three and onto the main deck. A glorious day souf breeze of the ocean with a blue sky only heaven could paint. I lower my head in prayer. Gos keep yer eye on this goodly crew, allow their unity as one to prosper and flourish in your name i pray. Amen. Glorious day indeed! Looks up and thinks about climbin up to the crows nest and sees Ciaran peering out over the side glass in 'is eye lookin out over the strand and onto the ocean. (Good man that Ciaran. Good man indeed.) Glorious day indeed!

~Shipwreck John appears on the Main deck after being ashore the day before looking for pearls, beads and shells to trade with the Natives. Finding nothing of value he reutrned to his bunk and had a good rest during the night. he now arises from his Hammock and makes his way to the Main deck to enjoy the sunrise.~

"Good Morning Deigo" John says as he peers into the blue lagoon

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

:: After rising, dressing, and stowing his hammock, Jack goes topside in search of hot coffee and a bit of breakfast. He's statisfied with the progress his crew made in the handling of the barge, and he mulls over ideas to sharpen their skills even further. He wants them to move quickly and stealthily, to strike and swarm a ship like conducted lightning.

He exchanges morning pleasantries with those on deck, and sets about his normal watch duties ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

The two had resumed their place of favor, prefering the fresh air to the sometimes stagnant qualities that the Ward offered. Subjects of various levels were contemplated as the China pot filled and refilled its smaller siblings with dark Venician flavor. The Surgeon glanced sidelong to her companion who rested forearms upon the stern rail, unbound legnth of chestnut hue tucked into check behind ears.

" So...what you are relating to me is that you gave Dorian view of the sabre with wishes to have it secured within the Armoury?"

The coolness of grey hue focused on her then looked away...

" It is of suprise to me that you would offer such, but...The fact that you wished to display an amount of trust to such possible revelations is far more suprising to my mind. You truly believe that Dorian gave hint of recognition to the chest's content?"

Armand stood, stretching his legnth of frame fully before turning to face her, leaning once again against the rail's support.

"To my mind, it was the proper thing to do...It would be wrong of me to assume that I should keep my private armorment when all others have turned their own over for secure storage..."

His features gave a fleet of worry.

" I anticipated no recognition of such, my concerns were simply the security of the blade and that it were not exposed due to its worth...You know as well as myself, that sabre is not something that can be replaced....Memories cannot be bought and sold...."

The China cups were refilled, they stood in conjoined conjecture as minutes passed by. Sipping from the heavy flavor, she watched the subtle nuances that gave hint to what was going on in Armand's thoughts. The fact that the objects that lay in locked seclusion may have given any indication to Armand's past life brought memories to the forefront that she knew he did his best to keep buried. The Gascon had ever strived for the outward personification of high honor and gentlemanly reputation, qualities that had always existed by nature and were not forced, by any means.

She contemplated during the silence that had taken the stage...A face came to bare in her mind's eye, a face belonging to a man who's petty jealousies and influence with the Dauphin led to false acuisations of treasoness context. Leading in turn to the secrets that were kept with care in the present tense. The Surgeon glanced to her companion with concern knitting her brow and wondered at just what form of Pandora's Box may have been released to glare upon the current time...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

He exchanges morning pleasantries with those on deck, and sets about his normal watch duties ::

~John observes Jack standing watch and heads in the direction of Jack ~ " Beautifull Day isn't Jack, Think I'll go down and see what stirring below." ~ John heads down below and wanders towards forecastle on the gun deck. seeing no one around he heads back up to the Main deck and riuns into the Captain. "Morning Sir " John Says as he clears the ladder well.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

*the cabin boy approaches the Doctor, looking over a list of errands the Captain has sent her on* Doctor, the captain asks that you prepare a place in the surgery for storage of clean sand. *doesn't even pretend to understand why there is a need for sand in the surgery, but turns without waiting for a response, busy with planning an excursion to town*

*heads below to were several of the crew are still sleeping.* OY! MULLER! *she yells to wake him up* The Cap'n want me to go buy 'im a second compass and sextant, and he want me ta take a bodyguard. Are ye up for going ta shore? *leaves the preparing German and heads to the armoury to gather up a musket to take along*

~John observes Jack standing watch and heads in the direction of Jack ~ " Beautifull Day isn't Jack, Think I'll go down and see what stirring below." ~ John heads down below and wanders towards forecastle on the gun deck. seeing no one around he heads back up to the Main deck and riuns into the Captain. "Morning Sir " John Says as he clears the ladder well.

"Good Morning, Mister Sons."

William goes to stand near the rail, where even now, Armand and the Doctor are in conversation.

"Good morning, Doctor. A fine morning. I wonder if we may speak at length some time today on the subject of French Captains?"

Aye Sir?

"Mister Sons..." William begins, but is at a loss for words momentarily. He presses his thumb and forefinger against the bridge of his nose and makes no attempt at conversation for some time. When he does speak next, he tries to keep the exasperation from his voice.

"Mister Sons, were you or were you not here yesterday morning when I expressly stated that no one shall leave the ship except under orders of duty or with leave to do so?"