Pyrates of the West Coast

William watches the shoreline as cannons roar. When all are through he collapses his glass and turn to the Master Gunner.

"Very fine shooting, Mister Youngblood. Aye. Very fine indeed. You may reward the crew as you see fit, but not beyond a second ration of rum."

William makes his way about the ship stopping to greet Mister Morgan.

"Good day, Mister Morgan. Welcome aboard the Watch Dog. It is a pleasure to have you aboard."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing up from polishing the swivel post of "Yer Maker", Johnson turns to spot Mister Hawks. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Johnson approaches the Master Blacksmith with his usual swagger. " Ahoy there Mister Hawks. Tis a fine eve, aye ? How fare ye sir ? ".

"Oh... thar ya are lad. Tis a fyne eve indeed I says. I knows ya been waitin fer yer order and it just appens I ave it e're."

Jonathan produces a white cloth which is wrapped up from his belt. He hands it over the Cut Throat.

"E're ya go mate. I ope's ya likes it."

(The knife is made right to his specifications. Mr Hawks also took it upon himself to give it a whale bone handle and engrave a small ship in a calm sea upon each side of the blade. The weight is perfect and it has an edge that will shave any man proper.)

Shoots anything that moves!!

:) Mr Hawks - I need tas spend a bit of yer time goin' over these plans. Tis yer expertise I be wanting tas indulge in. With all the work that's been goin' on here - and the completion of the 2 ships, how best shall we finish the task at hand?

Seein Rummy walk up while Cut Throat opens the cloth with the knife, Jonathan turns to her for a few.

"Rummy, I be glad ta go over things wit ya, sept at the moment I be tied up, so to speak wit Cut Throat e're. I cana meet ya back at the fort i'fn ya can in bout 1 bell from now. Ow's that sound to ya lass?"

Shoots anything that moves!!

Night falls and the Watch Dog rocks quietly in the cove. Ciaran stands in the prow, alone, lookin out over the dark water. No moon tonight, but the sky be aglow with a zillion stars, aye, a map they be. Tis nearly time fer us to follow this map, as well as the paper ones the good captain has in his cabin. Ciaran ponders this new beginning, this new chapter of his life. Tis a good crew, a good ship, and a good place to be. He breathes in the night, turns, and heads to his bunk.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Cap'n William, sir! It be my pleasure to be aboard! Lemme know where I be needed, and I'm happy to be doin' me duty, sir!

An', Diego, good ter see you, too, lad!

Kendra, lass... er, sorry 'bout the clothes... nice giant, by the way! Seems like a jolly good lad!

*Morgan scurries up the rat-lines, to the tops, where he loads his musket, pulls out his spy-glass, and scans the horizon*

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

William makes his way about the ship, calling to each crew member on watch as he goes. Each of them returns a favorable report. Some have sighted dolphins in the night surf. Others report a clear night and fair weather. Most report a fine breeze and a good night to be aloft.

William watches a quiet Ciaran go below. He watches Mister Youngblood smoking at the rail with a half dozen members of the gunnery crew, grinning and jawing about the day's shooting. An occasional laugh drifts up from below decks and it isn't long before a flute starts up.

"Is that Rummy...?"

William stands at the motionless helm and tests the wheel for a quarter of an hour.

Then, under a deck lantern, the captain records the day's and week's events. He makes note of the combined efforts to save the monsignors life, and the exchange of words with Captain Moreau. He makes mention of Tempest's journey with Armand. He places emphasis on the duty and charges of every crew member. They're a credit to...to...

"To what?" he wonders. "To pyracy?"

He laughs in the near dark and sets the volume aside to listen to the crew as they sing down below.

~As the darkness gives way to to the dawning of a new day Shipwreck arise from his hammock and makes his way on deck to watch the sun rise. After filling his tankard with a cup of joe from the galley he makes his way to the beachhead in search of shells and other objects for trading with the natives~

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

*As the sun breaks over the horizon, Morgan descends to the deck. He breathes deeply of the salt-air that an early morning sea breeze blows land-ward, and feels the sun's tropical heat begin to replace the cool of the night... he turns in his weapons, and plays "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipes, before retiring below to his hammock...*

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

:: Jack stretches in his hammock, and is in mid-yawn reminded of something he's neglected as of late. He rises, stows his hammock, and proceeds to the main deck wearing only his breeches and the usual headscarf that holds his mane of long, curly brown hair in check. He sleepily acknowledges the crew coming off their watch, walks to the gunwail, and doesn't stop... The shock of the cool water wakes him fully, and he starts swimming a lazy backstroke. He sees some of the crew looking over the side, and smiles as their alarm changes to laughter. He finishes his swim and climbs back aboard, and goes back to his berth to fetch fresh clothes ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: The QM, awakes his respite to the sounds of the pipes... the tune a very familiar one... it brings a smile to his face, and a moistness to his eyes... As the tune fades away, he rolls out, finds the basin and water, freshens up, dresses and makes his way topside...::

Mornin' Lads.... Lass'....

:: as he makes his rounds about the ship, greeting the crew at their duties or at rest.... stopping in the bow near the jib boom, he looks out to the deep blue, and whispers to himself...::

Hmmmm... I've a feelin' in m'bones.... th' tyme is near....

::with a nod, he turns and makes his way aft...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

(My dreams being so real and seemingly in a sort of complete involvement of me senses I hear Amazing Grace is playing? Awakened by that thought I sit up and sure nuff Amazing Grace is playing. I turn and Armand is sitting up no worse for wear and I see theat Tempest has already made off for main deck, I ask armand) "Sir! am I a heavy sleeper, do i snore?" He cocks his head to the side (I know he's translating my stupidity into french) He doesn't even change his expression and returns volley "yes you do!" (damn how is it that I don't wake myself up ?) I turn and face him saying "I think I should liken to bathe this day sir" he mumbles under his breath (in English I know so I would hear him) "about time". I let it pass .... standing with no worse for wear I unfold my shirt and breeches got them on and then pulled on me boots. I turned and found my robes right where Kendra had set them yesterday and donned them as well. I was on my way up the corridor when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned it was Armand handing me my Bible...... God bless you Armand and thank you for taking quite the goodly care of me. He blushed.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: On Jack's way to the main deck, refreshed and significantly less fragrant after his morning swim, he encounters Monsignor Diego in the companionway. ::

Father! How good it is to see you up and about once more! I hear word that your strength is returning, and now I see it with my own eyes. It is a wonderful sight!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: As the QM makes his way aft, he sees what appears to be a sleep-walking Jack, walk off the side of the ship, at the sound of the splash, some of the crew raise alarm, only to laugh when they see the truth of it... He shakes his head with a chuckle and continues aft.... As he reaches the steps to the quarterdeck, the Monsignor appears, with Armand in tow..::

Aye M. Diego, tis goode ta see ye up an' aboot.... Tho, did I not 'ear that yer ta be not at labor?

:: he responds that he needed fresh air, and would be sitting on deck for a spell ::

Ah, very well... enjoy th' mornin' air, then...

::the Qm makes his way up onto the Quarterdeck, pulls out the logbook and reviews what will be this day...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

No, No, I don't want ta go ta church.

* wakes with a start, lifting his head up and looks around.*

Musta bin dreamin, swor I heard pipes. Oh well.

*rolls out of his hammock puts on his clothes and gear and heads up to the quarter deck, stopping to get his tankard filled with coffee.*

Petee-2.jpg

Quartermaster I believes there is no labor in a good solid soaking is there?

Leanin over the rail to see what Morgan and John are lookin at. Aye! Good morrow Jack,(then turns to address Morgan and John) Good Morrow gents. (turns back to Dorian) Sir I shall be with little speed during this endeavor of bathing but would appreciate knowing that the sacrifice made by Ciaran to find the stream with such a fine water it is being tapped with our barrels for our water storage? What day is this no one in three has told me?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Quartermaster I believes there is no labor in a good solid soaking is there?

:: looks down to the main deck at M. Diego, smiling ::

Nay, there be no real labor in tha'.... Ye best do it in th' shallows tho...

'ave a lad take ye ta shore in th' dingy... Cheers...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: after looking thru the log book, the QM heads below, thru the lower decks..

He passes by several hammocks still hanging, yet unoccupied :::

Well... they was told, now they pay th' price.... lessee.... this'n be... Mr. Youngbloods *Takes down, an' this'n be.... unknown... well thay be sleepin' on th' deck now...

::he takes the hammocks down to the armoury, unlocks the door, tosses the bundles of canvas into an empty chest, closes and locks the door... he then heads back up to the Quarterdeck, where he see the Master gunner smoking and looking thru his glass ::

Mr Youngblood... I'd advise ye ta keep to yer duties an' find yerself on the gundeck.... now...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

William walks briskly out onto the Quarter Deck.

"Mister Lasseter! Am I to understand that several men left the ship this morning of their own accord? Is this true, sir? Did members of my crew, so recently rewarded on numerous occasions with extra rations of rum, take leave of this ship without so much as a "By your leave"!?

Speak, man!"

William walks briskly out onto the Quarter Deck.

"Mister Lasseter!  Am I to understand that several men left the ship this morning of their own accord?  Is this true, sir?  Did members of my crew, so recently rewarded on numerous occasions with extra rations of rum, take leave of this ship without so much as a "By your leave"!?

Speak, man!"

AYe Cap'n...

Several, nay.... One I know of... *points* there, I believe is Mr Sons... I ha'nt been able ta get 'is attention... Tho I think I did find 'is empty hammock...

As fer M. Diego, Armand, and tha' lad there wi' th' dingy... I gave them leave ta help th' monsignor bathe... 'is confinement has left 'im a bit ripe, sir....

SO, wot be yer orders, Cap'n?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

William seems only a little angry at first. His face, ever a deceptive sea, now begins to boil.

"Yooouuu mangy sprogs!

I deliver myself into enemy territory aboard the Nymphe for the sake of a few sailors aboard this ship, and you repay me with a cluttered forecastle!? I find duties waiting your leisure!? I find ammunition enough, scattered throughout the holds to rend a man if a cannon should hit is on the beam! Every damn hammock is a fire and a hanging line in my ship and you men think you have leave to depart the ship, dolphin like!?

I find a man a-swimming in the morning while the carpenter and blacksmith hammers are still ringing in my ears from their late labors and I'll wrap that man in his hanging grave hammock and teach him new swimming, by God!

If you are found but a yard off this ship again without leave, gentlemen, then you shall be found a mile off my good graces!!

I've seen a man stand a storm at watch for a day and a night without food or sleep..."

William stands at the rail for a long time without saying anything. He is now too angry to be composed. Then his face slowly returns to that deadly calm of yesterdays gone by.

"If you wish to be hanged, sirs, then do so off my ship. Aboard the Watch Dog, we require a certain order. For only in this can we all escape the noose together.

May we hang only in our hammocks, gentlemen. Only in our hammocks.

Mister Lasseter. You have the deck."

William goes below.