Pyrates of the West Coast

(lying there in a soundless state of ebb and roll thinking on all of the little steps taken in me life to get to this place. This one address as it were, where I am found to have been so lucky to hang my scarf and Robes. Reasons beyond my immaginations are all working together in the finely honed diligence of many peoples efforts in that as I lie here so much is being done to prepare , no more like sculpt a work of art out of wood, iron and canvas. The Watch Dog! how lu8cky am I to be alive. I sit up and lower my chead in prayer, God bless this day, this crew and all the workings and goings on that bring us all together in one effort of dream and reality safely and where they both come together on the Watch Dog in your name, Amen. Eyes open I look up to see Tempest staring at the likes o me! Where are my robes?)

*Slide-step slide step* Here are your robes Monsingnor, * she make her way in side* I tried to give ithem to you last night but you needed your rest. . .here you are* she hands them over* They wer frayed in some of the areas. . . *blushes*

Edited by Kendra The Sea Maid

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avast, ye scurvy wovles! Send a dinghy ta retrieve me from my maroonin', and I'll point ye to a Dutch ship filled ter burstin' with fine spices and rich clothes, from the Orient!

*. . . Morgan calls from shore*

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

*Rises from his hammock and makes his way on deck, while putting on his gear. Pulls his pipe and lights it. Notices a sailor on the shore of the cove hailing the ship and pulls his spy glass. Walks over to the quartermaster.* Quartermaster, appears a sailor be tryin ta gets our attention from ashore. Dont reconize em.

Petee-2.jpg

Grammercy Kendra (inspecting the robe) a most dedicated seam you sew lass! When was it that I came in? I mean to say how very especially nice of you. (My eyes got very heavy and I truned fast the wall and collapsed back into hte dream I was enjoying afore my awakenings.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

::after finishing his drink, he heads below, to the Captain's Quarters...::

*Knock, Knock*

Aye Cap'n.... Ms. Smith....

Cap'n, what r' yer plans this day?

:: the Captain looks about the table he has charts over, finds a piece of parchment and hands it to the QM ::

"This is a list of what needs to be accomplished this day, see to it, as I'll be planning much, and won't be on deck for a time, thank you..."

::knuckles forehead::

Aye, aye, Cap'n... I'll leave ye to yer thoughts, then...

::Turns and exits, closing the door he stops and reads the list, noding....::

Aye... much ta do...

:: The QM finds his way up on deck and to the Taffrail of the Quarterdeck... grabbing the speaking trumpet...::

!!! ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! ALL HANDS ON DECK, NOW!!!!

:: he stands stiffly as all the crew assembles in the waist of the ship, once they are assembled, he addresses them ::

Goodly crew o' the Watch Dog.... Our Captain 'as asked me ta assemble ye fer th' days happenin's....

Firstly... Now tha' we be afloat, an' not any trips ta shore be needed, As actin' Master 't Arms, I'll have all yer pistols, n' swords ta be put in th' Armoury, presently...

Secondly... Th decks shall be holystoned this morn.... til they be clean, clean, clean!!!

Thirdly... Master Gunner!!! Yer ta commence gunnery practice off th' starboard, yer ta use them palm trees as iffn' they were masts... Ye got seven shots... Seven shots only... nay more...

Lastly... there be several happenin's goin' on aboard tha' need ta be addressed....

One, NO SMOKIN' BELOW DECKS!!!! I catch ye, an' ye'll 'ave hell ta pay.... a stray spark could send us up in a cloud o' smoke n' fire!

Two, Don't ye be hangin' yer clothes in th' riggin'... This ain't no Laundry!!! I sees tha' an' they be turned inta rags...!

Three, When yer nay in yer hammocks, ye best stow em' away... I find em up, swingin' an' yer on duty, they won't be there when ye get off!

The Cap'n n' I thank ye fer yer ears... off ta yer duty Lads n' Lasseys!!! Tis a fine day!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Thankee Mr. Youngblood....

Mad_Jack, be so kind as ta take th' dingy an' retrieve tha' lad on shore?

Thankee...

Mr. Hawks!!!

Please find yer way ta th' Galley, check all th' iron works there fer repairs 'r improvements...

Mr. PEW!

Mr. Cut throat!

Mr. Ciaran!

Ye have the luck o' not 'avin' ta holystone th' deck... instead ye gets ta clean th' surgery.... get buckets o' soapy water, and buckets o' vinegar, wash down e'erthin' an' I mean everythin'....

Off ye go lads!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*After placing an artilery bucket with the charge, and line stock next to their respectfull cannons, hey goes and finds the quartermaster.* Quartermaster, here be me two pistols and cutlass, with your permission, since I be an officer o sorts, was wondering if I could hold on ta this here belaying pin.

* points to his boot, where the business end of a belaying pin is sticking out.*

You know just in case, a crew member decides ta get upidty.

Petee-2.jpg

::takes the arms from Mr. Youngblood..::

Thankee.... as fer the belayin' pin... I's fine wi' tha'...

Ah, I am pleased at yer fervor... however th' deck needs cleaned first an' foremost... tha's where all o' yer gun crews be....

Once tha' be finished, gunnery practice shall commence....

Carry on...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

::Finally making it aboard ship, I asked the lad who sent the pinnace for me. The lad said Mr. Lasseter had told Mad_Jack to send it. Luckily for me, I had purloined some of the jailkeepers hardware. As I made my way aboard ship, I asked whereabouts I could find Mr. Lasseter's cabin and the boarding of Mad_Jack. One of the mates topside pointed me belowdecks. I found Mr. Lasseter's cabin and left outside a pair of Spanish pistolas that had been taken from the sleepeing guard. The parchment read:

"Mr. Lasseter-

Forever indebted to thee.

-PEW"

45.jpg

::Heading towards the bow I find Mad_Jack's belongings. I lay the Dusack knife wrapped in a swath of my breeches, also with a note:

"Good sir-

Thankee for the timely rescue.

Forever indebted to thee.

-PEW"

2654DusackKnife.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

::The crew, fast at work with buckets, mops and holystone, the QM now encumbered with all the weapons turned over to be placed in the Armoury, he heads below and deposits said items within... making note of whom gave what....::

My, what an array o' weapons...

:: he checks over many of the pieces::

Appears ta all be in proper order... very well....

::He exits, locking the door behind him, and makes his way back to his quarters where he finds a bundle with a note attached::

Fere'er indebted?

PEW?

Ah, Mr. PEW...

*unwraps pistols*

Lardy... these be a fine set.... why'd 'e give 'em ta me? A fine thing...

:: enters his quarters, unlocks his seachest and deposits the pistols there ::

Fer safe keepin' fer now...

::closes and locks the chest::

Right then... wot next...

:: he turns, leaving his quarters, heads topside and regains the Quarterdeck, observing the fine work of the crew...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Avast, ye scurvy wovles! Send a dinghy ta retrieve me from my maroonin', and I'll point ye to a Dutch ship filled ter burstin' with fine spices and rich clothes, from the Orient!

*. . . Morgan calls from shore*

Ahoy Lad!!!

There be a boat on th' way ta' gets ye!!

Patience, an' ye shall be aboard soon enough!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Bo'sun!!!

Would ye be so kind as ta make sure th' crew be doin' a fine job wi' th' deck?

All th' wee spots, n' 'ard ta reach places...

Thankee

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: Jack hurries to the main deck, after uncharacteristically oversleeping. He gulps down a cup of too-hot coffee, and moves quickly to where the dinghy is stored. He has a couple of able seamen take the lines to lower the boat into the water ::

Aye, Mr. Lasseter! I'll have our Mr. Morgan among us within mintutes!

:: Jack gives the order, and the men lower him into the water, where he begins rowing vigorously to shore . In twenty minutes time, he's back alongside the ship with Morgan ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: The QM watches Mad_Jack pull to shore, have a short conversation with the lad on shore, who then climbs aboard the dingy, and is rowed back to the ship... As they come along side, Jack steadies the dingy as the new fellow starts the short climb up the side to the deck ::

Aye Lad, I be th' QuarterMaster.. ye may call me Mr. Lasseter...

Iffn' ye be wishin' ta sign articles, I'll 'ave ye wait 'ere whilst I see iffn' th' Cap'n might be free ta have ye sign...

:: Mad_Jack's head appears as he climbs the side of the ship::

Ah, I thank ye ag'in, Jack...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

waking absolutely blinded by hungar I roll me feet off to the side and sits up when Armand here grabs me and mutters something French to me and then I hears something I does indeed recognize "No, No monsignorie, must lie and rest" he says, I says "not today today I get up!" and so I stand he is holding me right shoulder and mylower back helping me to straighten up and I decide maybe I should sit back down. He smiles at me in that he I'm sure was appreciating me decision. So I turns and looks him in the eye and says "Armand you speak good enough English to make our pretty much everything you hear right?" And he nodded yes. I says "I am with the need to eat," (then much louder) "ANYTHING" and he straightened up and stared at me. Adding "Anything even hard tack just something ok?" he nodded turned and left!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

waking absolutely blinded by hungar I roll me feet off to the side and sits up when Armand here grabs me and mutters something French to me and then I hears something I does indeed recognize "No, No monsignorie, must lie and rest" he says, I says "not today today I get up!" and so I stand he is holding me right shoulder and mylower back helping me to straighten up and I decide maybe I should sit back down. He smiles at me in that he I'm sure was appreciating me decision. So I turns and looks him in the eye and says "Armand you speak good enough English to make our pretty much everything you hear right?" And he nodded yes. I says "I am with the need to eat," (then much louder) "ANYTHING" and he straightened up and stared at me. Adding "Anything even hard tack just something ok?" he nodded turned and left!

* walks past sick bay and hear shouting, and sees the surgon assitant rush out spounting french.

goes down to investigate, "Well what's all the shouting for father, ar you tryin to bring down the wrath of God on us, or just a summer storm like Moses? *giggles*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Lass God Blees ye I am so ready for a meal yet i cant eat as it makes funny things happen inside me and then I cramp up and even the father in heaven knows not to go against the direct orders of our surgeon indeed. Yet Armand will return shortly with a bowl of broth maybe a carrot and a potatoe (both stewed of course) and one piece of bread now what I would give for a rib steak right now! I am almost halluncinating of the hungers I am. But God bless ye child fer seein to the likes o me. Wake me afore the first dog watch tonight if I'm sleepin will ye? Grammercy

:: on deck the crew finished with the chore of Holy Stoning the deck, the gunn crews stand in wait for the Master Gunner to run them through the exorcise of the main guns::

Master Gunner!

Th' crews await yer orders!

:: The QM walks about checking and rechecking the fix and fitment of all repairs and revisions on the ship ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

I shall do my best Mosingnor, I will not promise however I am going to asking those in the crew that need their clothing mendin. I have a feelin that I will be up half the night again. especiall with tat Mr. Morgan's set

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Aye Kendra ya said Morgan did ya? I asked him a month ago ta join us and he came down did he he's a fine sort has a way with words watch yer step he's always quick he is. Gotsta appreciate the quick fer me sister once said to me as she took the last helping of the greens one sunday sup. She said you know Diego thar be the quick and thar be the dead! I nay to ferget that sound investment of thought provocations! I should think that mayhaps now ye too might remembers it and works it into yer own lifes best ye can.. Grammercy (then as the lingering sound of the long "E" 'd "Y" in grammercy is still hanging on the lasting wind, in walks Armand with a tray amd on it is a bowl four half carrots (soft), three quarters of a spud chopped and (soft) in a clear broth of what smells like beef, a small glass of goats milk and a small (very small) piece of bread crust. Oh dear! My God does watch over me so! Bowing afore taking sustenance I give a prayer to those in greater need than I allowing that this be a very harsh and unforgiving world and I am but a piece of dust. "Thank you Armand" I said. He bowed as a gentleman always should and took a seat in his corner.

* hears Mad Jack's all to familer whistled tune* To be honest Monsingnor I think Morgan is the least or my worries *giggles* Besides I have Simon to protect me. Well you take it easy now father and be sure to keep that robe around you for awhile. *She waves good by and lives sick bay*

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1