Pyrates of the West Coast

Thankee Jack...

comin' ta be an habit, tha' is...

Well, when Mr. PEW be aboard... if need be, I'll be in m'quarters....

Ye c'n trouble me there....

Tho, I suppose he'll need ta report t' th' Cap'n r' th' Master Gunner...

Very well...

:: the QM truns away and heads below decks...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ciaran's shift as Lookout comes to a close and he walks directly to Surgery to check on Diego. Taps upon the door. No answer, so gently looks inside to find the Monsignor awake.)

Well, ye are lookin' better with each passin' hour, Sir. How do ye feel this afternoon? I see ye have eaten a bit of food. Ye are in good hands now with Doctor Fitzgerald back onboard.

(sitting on the stool beside the reverend)

Ye gave me quite the scare, my friend. I be very happy that the Creator decided to let ye have more time on this earth, Father. We have many adventures awaiting us out there (points toward the ocean).

I shall not tarry long. I need a swim and to go to bed early. I be worn out, but am happy that ye are greatly on the mend. Rest well, Diego. Perhaps ye can convince the Doctor to let ye go up deck tomorrow.

(kisses his hand) God bless ye.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Ciaran my friend ye have been there whether i was in conciousness ergh not, you were there I hears, that ye wouldn't leave! Fer that I am indebted kind sir! Fer that you will always, and I mean that sir, always have yer back watched. When you need anything and I mean anything you come to me I will find it and bring it to you. You have every once of my thanks for the dedication to my existance you so unselfishly gave. Our watch officer is Swan and she has night watch all to herself each night every night and if we goes into battle she takes the basket as well as her bow is one that will certs clean a deck of officers but you take whichever other watch you wish my friend. Name it, its yours I'll see to it! Thank you, oh! One last thing good friend? I have these leftovers here would you discard them so as to not be seen I tried to eat and it made me very ill again. Grammercy

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Thank ye, Diego. I wish to have the early mornin watch then, beginning when Swan's ends.

Now ye rest and dream of happy times. Soon, I hear, we shall sail. The Watch Dog be nearly ready.

I'll dispose of these fer ye. (takes leftovers and bids good evening)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*Kendra tried earlier in the day to see the Monsingnor, but he was resting, so she thought now would be a good time to go an see him before turing in for the night. As soon as Ciaran left, she taped upom the door. "Excuse me Monsingnor, I do not wish to be a bother sir, but may I have a moment of your time?"* There was no answer she woul try him again in the Moring and went back to her usual place on deck and watched the sun slowly sink to the sea.

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

*A pirate wearing shabby, but once fashionable, clothing walks out onto the beach, and hails the ship at anchor... although the clothes are less than new, his weapons are immaculate... new flints in his pistols, a sharp, gleaming blade at his side*

Ahoy, mates... be there room for one more? Bootneck Morgan be me name, and a job with a fearless crew be to my likin'... do I have permission to board?

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

*A pirate wearing shabby, but once fashionable, clothing walks to the gangplank... although the clothes are less than new, his weapons are immaculate... new flints in his pistols, a sharp, gleaming blade at his side*

Ahoy, mates... be there room for one more?  Bootneck Morgan be me name, and a job with a fearless crew be to my likin'... do I have permission to board?

Well I can't can't give ya permission mate but I'm sure iffin ya lookin fer a place hang your cover, speak to Mr Lasseter, He be our Quartermaster, and our Captain be Red Wake, I'm sure he'll be along any minute. My name be Shipwreck John welcome aboard in a manner of speakin'

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

:D too quaters sah!!.....aye.......(there is a flurry o' men runnin' from below t' decks........).......c'mon ye scurvy dogs!!!....enemy t' larboard side......look lively!!!....(men run from here an' there).......Captain sah!....I belive guns are primed an' ready sah!.......(looks fer nod from petee).......all hands ready an' able sah!.........awaitin' yer command sah!...

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

:D too quaters sah!!.....aye.......(there is a flurry o' men runnin' from below t' decks........).......c'mon ye scurvy dogs!!!....enemy t' larboard side......look lively!!!....(men run from here an' there).......Captain sah!....I belive guns are primed an' ready sah!.......(looks fer nod from petee).......all hands ready an' able sah!.........awaitin' yer command sah!...

~Hearing Jacob tell for quarters. Shipwreck makes off below decks to join the others. He goes to his gun on the forward Quarter . "Jeanie"

he calls her named afyer his woman ashore. "Just let em get me sights. Ol Jeanie a make driftwood out of em'" John thinks out loud. He makes for the ready to fire his cannon. Waiting for the call from the Master gunner to light his slow match and fire his cannon.~

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

Very well then, In me Navy Days quarters also meant battlestations and muster. Iffin you be insistin I reitere fer the evenin then I'll be shovin off to me hammock unless you'll be taskin with somethin, sir!

Shipwreck

bnnr2.jpg

Mr Hawks returns looking for Cut Throat to give him the knife he asked that be made. It is a work of art, with a small surprise as well. Looking about, he doesn't seem to see him anywhere at the moment, so he wonders about looking for any other pieces of metal on the ship that could use repairing.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Standing up from polishing the swivel post of "Yer Maker", Johnson turns to spot Mister Hawks. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Johnson approaches the Master Blacksmith with his usual swagger. " Ahoy there Mister Hawks. Tis a fine eve, aye ? How fare ye sir ? ".

:) Mr Hawks - I need tas spend a bit of yer time goin' over these plans. Tis yer expertise I be wanting tas indulge in. With all the work that's been goin' on here - and the completion of the 2 ships, how best shall we finish the task at hand?

I am with hunger is broth all that I am to see though? for I am with great desire to chew and taste fruit and cheese and pork and eggs and and and. I could just go on I need to get up and at this day. How long have I been here and what is this wound you are treating on my arm? Why am I here? Where Is Ciaran? He saved my life didn't he? He wouldn't answer me when I asked but I remember a fight in the glades. (thought takes shape and I see it) a snake (i blurt out) I remember. Its a snake bite isn't it? Did we get the water back for testing? was it good water? Where is Ciaran?

:) The water was indeed good, Monsignor - and I have completed a bevy of new barrels to store a great supply of that which you have discovered. Our crew is indeed going to be well met - gramercy. Now take heed to the advice of the good doctor and recover fully. Much to do, much to do...

(Ciaran arises as the dawn starts streakin across the darkened sky. He walks out on deck, greets Officer Swan and talks of the night. 'Twas a quiet night,' Swan indicates. Her shift as Lookout comes to a close as the sun rises, so Ciaran begins his. Climbs up, pulls out spyglass and scans the waters.)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

The hectic pace of demand, duty and schedule reached some semblance of amiable stance, the figurative "eye of the storm" was readily taken advantage of by the two figures leaning on the stern rail sharing a bottle of cognac. Conversation flowed easily in the perfect presentation of temperature and offshore breeze; sometimes in Francais, other times English or a combination of both. But, regardless of the verbose guise, the ease of which the two relate topic, showed evident comfort in disclosure of opinion built by years of trust and respect. Observations of current situation, near and distant past are probed, rehashed and considered as the ever present call of local avians trip the light fantastic in the heavens above. The clamor taking place abaft of where they stood was completly disregarded, as if the very being of it did not exist. Twin crystal goblet's are filled and a silence takes the stage, though not one of ill want or discomforts. Friendships, such as the one shared betwixt the two, are not always in need of the constant utterances of verbal prompt to be put at ease. It is what some might consider a perfect moment of peace, punctuated here and there by a knowing sidelong glance or smile. A tranquility sometimes given to appear after the journey of a fridgid winter's night has come to end, marked by the warmth of roaring peat fine in hearth confine and relished in satisfaction from the deep sinking comfort of well loved chair.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: The QuarterMaster rises, and makes his way topside, seeing that all seems to be in hand, makes his way to the quarterdeck, where he sees the Surgeon and her man leaning over the stern... he quietly approaches... ::

Ha, Hmmm.... I prey I's not interuptin' yer conversation.... might I join ye in this respite?

:: both the Surgeon and Armand smile and nod, the bottle they share is offered to the QM, who accepts.... spilling his tea out of his jack, he then pours a dram or two of the cognac in... ::

Thankee Tempest, Armand...

Am I ta take it tha' th' Monsognor be on th' right proper mend? Last I saw, 'e looked well enough...

*takes a drink*

Ah, no'bad... goes down well...

:: with a gentle smile, he falls into silence... looking out to the water, to the far oceans...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

William stands over a dozen charts, scrutinizing ever coast and every island. He paces about the room, returning to the charts time and time again. Each trip round the room narrows the choices as he plans his first outbound journey.

He begins measuring destination, careful to calculate the supplies needed for each adventure. He is mindful to take in possible stops along each route where the Watch Dog might re-provision its stores.

"I need to know her speed. I need to know just how much sail she can take."

He begins to eliminate destinations based on the balance between profit and loss. He paces about the room. He calculates. He waits.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

(lying there in a soundless state of ebb and roll thinking on all of the little steps taken in me life to get to this place. This one address as it were, where I am found to have been so lucky to hang my scarf and Robes. Reasons beyond my immaginations are all working together in the finely honed diligence of many peoples efforts in that as I lie here so much is being done to prepare , no more like sculpt a work of art out of wood, iron and canvas. The Watch Dog! how lu8cky am I to be alive. I sit up and lower my chead in prayer, God bless this day, this crew and all the workings and goings on that bring us all together in one effort of dream and reality safely and where they both come together on the Watch Dog in your name, Amen. Eyes open I look up to see Kendra at the door staring at the likes o me!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.