Pyrates of the West Coast

:: Jack is a bundle of nerves, like a racehorse saddled and bridled, only to be stripped and put back in his stall. He watches the Xebec sail slowly away, clenching and unclenching his jaw. He tries to force himself to relax when he remembers - ::

I'll be blind and damned! The barge!!

:: He storms to the starboard side of the deck, already drawing full lungs of air to bellow at the barge crew, whom he is certain has done little or nothing in his absence. To his happy surprise, Jacob has been tending to the final work on Samson. Her planking is replaced and caulked, a fresh mast in place with rigging and a brand new staysail, and the last bit of stain is being applied. Her gun even appears to have been reworked. Jack exhales in astonishment, and a broad smile breaks out across his face. ::

Well done, lads! And Mister Badger! My compliments!! I am in your debt, sir!

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::The QM follows the Captain down to the galley where two sailors are sitting, clapped in irons by his commmand... and now with the same authority the captain has the irons removed, the ruse now over...

He listens to the Captain tell the lads what has transpired, and what still may transpire due to their gaul...

But then he changes his harsh words and praises them, The QM smiles a toothy smile at his words, for in this business they are truth...::

Aye Lads... off wi' ye then... I'd sya ye deserve a tot fer yer bravado... But I thinks ye 'ad yer fill a'ready.....

Back ta yer duties... Ya sons a' devils...

::the smile never leaving his face::

So, Cap'n.... I'll be topside...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*Jim is happy to be out of irons, again, even if it was just for the benefit of the French captain.*

"Well Captain, if we had but known tha' they was friends o' yers, we'd a' played cards fer 'er an' won 'er fair. But we still be needin' a cutter, yes?"

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

::The QM follows the Captain down to the galley where two sailors are sitting, clapped in irons by his commmand... and now with the same authority the captain has the irons removed, the ruse now over...

He listens to the Captain tell the lads what has transpired, and what still may transpire due to their gaul...

But then he changes his harsh words and praises them, The QM smiles a toothy smile at his words, for in this business they are truth...::

Aye Lads... off wi' ye then... I'd sya ye deserve a tot fer yer bravado... But I thinks ye 'ad yer fill a'ready.....

Back ta yer duties... Ya sons a' devils...

::the smile never leaving his face::

So, Cap'n.... I'll be topside...

Mister Lasseter. Have Mister Youngblood keep the cannons charged from before. Please have him cover the barrels to keep that powder dry. We shall demonstrate the cannons at sunset. Please have Jack take those barrels unfit for repair and tar them to be used as targets. We shall give the gunners a much needed opportunity to try their hands at a killing.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*Jim is happy to be out of irons, again, even if it was just for the benefit of the French captain.*

"Well Captain, if we had but known tha' they was friends o' yers, we'd a' played cards fer 'er an' won 'er fair. But we still be needin' a cutter, yes?"

Mister Warren, if I had known they were to be friends, I would have learned more French as a child. Still, we shall wait on the cutter presently. I should think we will find one soon enough on the ocean. I will think on the matter for the time being.

Please join Mad Jack in the creation of target barrels for the sport of the crew.

Aye, Aye...

:Knuckles forehead::

The QM makes his way topside, seeing the crew back at work he looks for the Master gunner..::

Aye Mr. Youngblood... Cap'n requests ye keep th' larboard guns at th' ready... This eve ye be drillin' th' crew wi live fire... make all reperations ta keep yer powder dry and all at th' ready... Off with ye, Lad.... *Smiles*

Mad_Jack! Lad, find all th' barrels tha' 'r unfit fer use... get some o' th' lads ta coat 'em wi wot's left o' the tar from careenin' so's they'll float... yer gonna be shootin' 'em outta th' water this eve... have at it, lad!

*deep breath* well..... an interestin' day.... indeed........

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

The Ward gave comfort of familiarity to the Surgeon's jangled nerves, low light, the worn desk, the medicinal smells wafting from the large banded chest nearby. Retrieving her spectacles from the desk's drawer she crossed the room to check upon her guest that lay in a semi-fevered state. 'The stool...where did I leave it last?', she thought to herself scanning the area and coming upon the stool and the timid gent that sat upon it holding what looked to be a worn satchel upon his lap. The man visually jerked upon notice.

"Well now, what do we have here?...Spirit?....Deamon, perhaps?" She chuckled. Taking in the manner of a nervous rabbit that the stranger exuded, she stepped in his direction with a raise of one delicate brow.

"I do believe that you are familiar to me...hmmm...Ah yes, it comes to me now. You are from town, the local practitioner if my mind servers correct and I shall assume that you were brought here in my state of absence to attend to the gentleman over there."

The Timid Man nodded, but vissually relaxed when realization hit of the other's station.

"Than I thank you for the great service you have performed and praise your dilligence of skill. If you will be so kind as to inform me of what you have done and observed, it will greatly lessen the strain of my efforts."

She listened with almost a casual air as the town doctor related his findings, occassionally asking a question to clarify proceedings.

"Make yourself comfortable sir, unless it is that you would prefer being in attendance of my inspection at hand?"

The timid man stood and came closer as the Surgeon unlocked the large banded chest and removed a small tightly wrapped piece of leather before returning. The stool had been brought to Diego's side and she rested her wieght upon it to remove the bandages that cover the site from view. The flesh revealed below was livid in discoloration and but she observed no sighn of infection present. Satisfied, she stood and returned to the chest, with a glance over rim to the other doctor.

"It appears that our friend here had a mishap and crossing of paths with Trimeresurus Schlegelii, more commonly known as a Horned Palm Viper...A tree dwelling serpent that preys upon birds generally."

With an expression of relief, she removes a brown vile from the trunk and new dressings.

"Fortunate for our guest that he did not encounter that serpent's cousin, Bothrops Atrox, the Fer de lance...or Lancet Headed Viper, would have ensured this bit of rest was a perminant one. Our friend here will recover fully, I do believe. "

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

William steps into the surgery for the first time since departing the Watch Dog. He smiles to see the Monsignor both well and to find the Doctor back in her element. He waits to be noticed so that he can watch her at her work without disturbing the interchange between patient and healer.

:: looks about hearing the strike of the bells ::

Ah Mister Badger.... Th' Cap'n is below, and I have much to do in my quarters... all is well in hand... you have th' deck, Lad..... My compliments...

::with a small nod, the QM heads below... he walks past the surgery, notes the situation is well in hand and heads to his quarters....::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Instinctual feeling tells the Surgeon that someone has just entered the room. Securing the last of the cloth bandaging she turns to see the Captain standing quietly near the door.

"Hello William, so good to see you. All is well at hand here, the padre will live to spout scriptures another day. What may I do for you?"

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

I having slept since knocking out after first seeing that all is more than the dreams and hallucinations of the more recent past hours of immobility. I opened one eye and though in reality very little light was diffused for use within the surgeons arena the light to me was actually too bright for my eyes, much too bright! I squinted and saw the surgeon, some man and ahind then coming into focus was me captain. A nod to him and a smile did leave me I know though where it was landed I will nay never know.) Hungry! I think I was able to say? Though it sounded like hun reee. I closed my eyes. and mumbled starving which im sure sounded like tar viene

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

William makes note of the Monsignor's eye and the life that appears to have returned to his frame.

"Nothing, Doctor." William says quietly. "But I may have some questions regarding Moreau at a later time. I just came to see our Monsignor."

William comes over to check the familiar arm. He seems not to see the other doctor, who has now become a shadow or extra doctor.

"Tossing snakes into the fires of Malta are we, Monsignor?"

Not expecting an answer he turns to the spare doctor.

"Have you eaten? Wil you eat before you go?"

The man starts at everything and this is no exception. William keeps his amusement well hidden and urges the frail man towards the galley. He presses coin into the mans hand as he goes.

"I'll see to this other patient, good Doctor. Thank you for working on our Paul, Tempest."

Hearing the soft rasp of whisper, she turns to focus on Diego's face. Not having seen Armand since she left Le Nymphe, she stands and consider's what best to offer as sustinance to the weak gentleman laying near. Portable soup...that will do just fine, she thinks to herself. Portable soup for the Padre and sleep for me...she muses. Refocusing on the captain.

"He is a bit ragged around the edges for the time being, but I do believe that he will be up and about as normal by weeks end. Moreau? Something wrong? Is Le Nymphe still here?"

(Ciaran is so overjoyed at Diego's improvement and prognosis, that he has trouble finding words to say)

Doctor, merci, merci beaucoup. (he clasps her hands)

I shall be happy to fetch the soup fer the Monsignor.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*Mad Jack rolles a barrale right passed her* "Aren't ya forgettin something sir?" *she winks*

*he looks up a wide- eyed and enthused, Just as Simon trudges past carrying two barrles one on each shoulder and growls at him. He staggers for a moment and gives her a questioning glanc*

"Samson's new long-flowing quaf. *She Holds the two neatly folded sails in her left hand and laughs*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: Jack slows the water barrel to a stop, and looks back over his shoulder in the hopes that Simon was paying attention. Seeing that a collision was not imminent, he turns to the mountain of a man. He tries to hide is astonishment that a single man is carrying two barrels half-full of foul water ::

Simon, be so kind as to carry those two barrels down to the shore? Give them to the men with the large pot of tar.

:: Simon glowers at Jack, then looks to Kendra. She nods her head, apparently instructing Simon to finish the task. Simon shifts the considerable load on his shoulders, and brushes past Jack on his way to the shore ::

Thank you, Simon! There's a good fellow!

:: Jack quiets his voice, talking more to himself than anyone around him ::

... and take care not to eat anyone on your way.

:: He turns his attention back to Kendra, who presents him with not one, but two beautiful new staysails for the Samson ::

What, you've done two? Did you not sleep last night either, good lady?

:: He examines the tie-points where the sheets attach to the sails, and is happily surprised by their strength ::

These are wondrous, indeed! Thank you for all your work on them. I'll get them to my men straight away!

:: He stands there, smiling at Kendra, almost forgetting that he has sails and a barrel to deliver ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

(I wake, Eyes open and the room is empty though I can smell the broth of a roast well cooked and with pepper... I am so weak. I try to look around but can barely raise my head off of the pillow and I see Cairan.) Kind sir (i realize I can talk my lips and tongue are working) To whom should I thank (then I clearly sees the historical event) Tis you sir! we were finding water and you saved me and brought me back to the ship, you saved my life good man! I am indebted, to you Cairan I am sorry if I am with any inconveniences as a result of these troubles dear friend. God bless you! (eyes tired I close them and black out once again).

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(For the rest of the evening, Diego wakes and sleeps. When awake, Ciaran feeds him the soupy broth the Doctor recommended, when he sleeps Ciaran simply keeps watch. The pirate is exhausted from the past days' experiences, yet energized that the Monsignor is recovering.)

Tomorrow, Ciaran thinks, I shall return to my duties as a Lookout here on board the Watch Dog. Thinking of today's comings and goings of vessels, Ciaran knows how important his job is.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

"Mister Warren. Please come in."

William does not look up from the myriad of charts laid out across his desk and table. He seems entirely enthralled in them for a long time, before saying anything at all. Then he sits back into his chair with a tired but genuine smile.

"Mister Warren, in light of your recent, and very short run as the boat header, I would like to extend the opportunity to man a much greater helm. In short, Mister Warren, we have no helmsman. Would you step in as our coxswain?"