Pyrates of the West Coast

Aye, sir. That staysail spills more wind than most men break in a year's time. I'll have Kendra turn her talents to it. Until she's had a chance to finish, the men here have strong backs and stronger hearts. We'll make do with the sweeps.

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Workin on a writing desk for the captain in the livestock hold I am starting to think that I too might be a pig or even a goat as the stink does get so overpowering it seems to have a taste after so long in here. Taking my leave having framed and rasped the hard edges clean. With a drawer and locking drop lid being all thats left, I decide to not only find my way up top and the sea to bathe in but i must clean me clothes as well. P. U. (scratches me head wonderin where all these everyday expressions gets their beginnings) you know like bell-thirty, and wwtcd (what would the captain do?). Funny thing smellin like livestock, no one gets between you and a door that's fer certs!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Aye, sir. That staysail spills more wind than most men break in a year's time. I'll have Kendra turn her talents to it. Until she's had a chance to finish, the men here have strong backs and stronger hearts. We'll make do with the sweeps.

*The Captain's messenger as told her she is is needed a board and to report to the one named Mad Jack. Suffiently warmed by the coffee she struggles to her feet, just as Simon runs up by her side and helps her the rest of the way "Thank you, now be quick and gather our things we have work to do." *Soon the pair made their way on deck and to their left they saw twom men one was the Quater Master and the other was a man she assumed to be Mad Jack.

"Excuse me gentleman."*her tone was rather soft almost musical* I was told you were in need of my services?"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

::nods his assent to Mad_Jack, turns and walks past the barge, over to where the longboat lay... he looks it over, running his hands across the planking, feeling all the wear on the hull...::

Ah... ye been used 'ard..... we make ye right proper... Hmmmm... new tholes, new larboard gunnel, Heh, new swivel mount too....

Mebee e'en put a footer fer a mast, dare I ask?

Oh... there be yer problem... dry rot in th' sternsheets...

Aye, once th' Carpenter n' 'r mates be done wi' th' 'Samson', yer next...

I shall call ye, Saint Kitt.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*Soon the pair made their way on deck and to their left they saw twom men one was the Quater Master and the other was a man she assumed to be Mad Jack.

"Excuse me gentleman."*her tone was rather soft almost musical* I was told you were in need of my services?"

Aye Ms. Kendra....

Speak wi' Mad_Jack.. he be in charge o' the barge...

My compliments Ma'm....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

The hard packed mixture of rock and soil gave way to the pristine order of hand laid stone leading to the ornate iron gate suspended betwixt two marble columes of Corinthian nature. The solid cylindrical vissages acting as dutiful sentries standing watch to the grand manor beyond.

At the soundings of hoofbeat, a wide shouldered man armed with a blunderbuss appeared from the Gatehouse just behind the iron blockade. As the two riders neared as look of recognition bloomed upon his features as he hurried to put the blunderbuss out the way and open the large gate. Allowing the riders through, he doffed his hat in respect.

"Bonjour, Monsieur D'esnambuc, Mademoiselle Bertrand!"

Armand checked his mount's movement to aknowledge the Gatekeeper with warmth.

" Salut' Blaha! Ca va, mon ami?"

The Gatekeeper smiled widely.

"Merci et vous?"

" Tres bien, merci. J'espere que nous aurons binetot l'occasion de nous revoir. Pardon."

Armand urged his mount back into forward motion and was thankfull to soon being able to dismount and relax for a space of time. A bell rang from near proximity and as they neared the grand facade of the great house, a flurry of servants rushed to present themselves in proper line followed closely by a very elegant woman of forty years. A flow of silk and lace marked her wake as she stepped forward to the edge of the step, warm excitement flushing her high cheekbones.

"Armand! Madimoiselle Bertrand! Je vous souhaite la bienvenue!!"

Dismounting and handing the riens to an awaiting groom, they approached the bottom step and paused. The surgeon moving forward a pace before speaking.

"Merci, Madame Laurent! Such a kind welcome in such short notice. Our time here, unfortunatly, is very short due to demands placed eleswhere, but...we so enjoy seeing you and wish circumstances were otherwise. At risk of stepping over the bounds of your hospitality, may I request that we are aloud to freshen ourselves before continuing the nature of our visit. If you would be so kind."

A shadow of concern played the statuesque woman's face as she replied.

But, of course. Please, step inside and I will arange for something to eat and drink while you change..."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: Jack smiles and nods to Mr. Lasseter, and turns his attention to the sail maker. He begins to speak, and stops mid breath, regarding the lovely, frail figure of the woman before him. He's struck by her piercingly bright eyes and dark hair. Trying to regain something resembling composure, he swallows hard and smiles uneasily, realizing that part of her piercing gaze is impatience ::

Ah! You must be Kendra, then? Yes, well... um... the barge! Yes, the Samson... As the original Samson was only as strong as the length of his hair, this Samson is only as strong as the men pulling the sweeps and... :: motioning upward :: ... the state of the sail. As you can see...

:: he pulls the lanyard to unfurl the sail, revealing it's tattered condition ::

... whatever barber the previous master encountered was most unkind. So! What is your diagnosis, Mistress Kendra? Can ye save the patient, or is a replacement in order?

Relaxing in the afternoons warm shadows on the beach I am thinking back to a time, a long long time ago when all these trees were small, young by compare. I for the first time realized I have been here in this very lagoon so many years before when so very young and very foolish (I sit up abruptly and remember) a small trinkle of a creek a feeder creek with little to no flow back, way back in the mangroves. I get up, all my clothes both wet and certainly now covered in sand and begin my walk back to the ship to commandeer one of the launches to explore this memory in better light. Mayhaps a fresh water resource to fill our barrels with???

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

:: Jack smiles and nods to Mr. Lasseter, and turns his attention to the sail maker. He begins to speak, and stops mid breath, regarding the lovely, frail figure of the woman before him. He's struck by her piercingly bright eyes and dark hair. Trying to regain something resembling composure, he swallows hard and smiles uneasily, realizing that part of her piercing gaze is impatience ::

Ah! You must be Kendra, then? Yes, well... um... the barge! Yes, the Samson... As the original Samson was only as strong as the length of his hair, this Samson is only as strong as the men pulling the sweeps and... :: motioning upward :: ... the state of the sail. As you can see...

:: he pulls the lanyard to unfurl the sail, revealing it's tattered condition ::

... whatever barber the previous master encountered was most unkind. So! What is your diagnosis, Mistress Kendra? Can ye save the patient, or is a replacement in order?

*Simon quite agitated sets the kits down with a loud thud, and glares at Jack*

"Simon becareful I just straighten all that last night."

"Sorry," he replied gruffley*

She steps closer to look at the sail, "Well Mad Jack, considering its age and the fact that it looks more like a piece of swiss cheese. . .*feels a pair of eyes just staring threw her* She turn to face him. "It will obviously need replacing, but what say you Simon?" * she keeps her eyes on Jack showing more of her impiacent side. *he growled* Aye, we must order a new, Buy we should save what is left of this to use for patches incase of an emergency."

"I aggree. And what say you sir?*she raises an eybrow*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: claps his hands together, smiles, and bows slightly, an expression of gratitude he learned in Singapore ::

Given your obvious expertise in these matters, I defer to your judgment. If it figures in to our timeline for departure, then a new sail it is!

:: casts and uneasy glance at the glaring Simon, then back to Kendra ::

He's not... never mind. Aye! A new sail. I'll just be... going...

:: motions in the direction away from Simon ::

...this way...

(William paces the Captain's Cabin. The room is not small. The room is not large. For a ship of this size it is quite comfortable. It is sparsely furnished, as are most quarters of this kind. The windows offer it a feeling of space like no other room aboard, while the ceiling presses in. The natural wooden timbers and beams that make up the room are in fine shape and the well worn floorboards hint of long hours and much use by many officers previous.

William thinks on the Captain before, one so suddenly taken from life. What strange providence that Captain William should be so soon replaced by Captain William.)

"An ill omen, that."

(He let's his mind wander to other matters as he places his things about the room.

He hangs an Ottoman yatagan sword on the wall. The blade is broken, but no matter. It has a beauty in its destruction that appeals to him.

He hangs a map of heavy oiled leather on the opposite wall and traces the many countries there. He notes the inaccuracy of many coasts, enjoying it all the more for them.

He sets out a doumbeck and taps it softly only for a moment.

Then he goes above to see what business of the day is being done.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

*walking up and down the gun deck, inspecting the progress of the boring of barrels* I want those guns inners polished good, we need ta be shootin straight, also get those shot garlands full. I shall return. *walks to the upper deck, pulls out his pipe lights it and begins to puff. Leans back against the rail.*

Petee-2.jpg

reaches the dog and sees the captain on deck Captain! Sir! A moment if you have it sir? I have been as a young sailor in this very cove sir and remebers it now I see the trees all grown now been thirty years of age under its sky but it is the same one and I remember a creek back up in the mangos sir a fresh water creek! We sould liken to tastes the waters from this creek should we not? The water could be clean and pure by compare to the water in town you know. I could take a small launch and two men and two barrels for that reason if you see it as the need of the ship sir?

Aye. I gave orders to have them filled yesterday? Why was this not done...?

(He glares...but it dissolves into a smile.)

Forgive me, Monsignor. I am having you on, sir. I can imagine such an order was lost in the midst of so much work and preparation. You have my leave of course to fill the water barrels.

I believe this may be the self same stream that supplies the fort. It comes down from the height behind the fort, does it not?

:: Jack steps nervously aboard the Samson, and sets about servicing the boat's single swivel gun, the Delilah. He shoves his fist into it's muzzle, and draws it out pitch black. "Oh, my, but you are a dirty girl, aren't you?" he mutters. He winces at the thought of having the gun stripped, bored, polished. He casts a glance back to the shore, where he sees Kandra and Simon in an animated conversation. Simon catches his gaze, and Jack nervously smiles and returns his attention to the gun. In doing so, he almost slips and falls into the water, but catches himself at the last moment. He then sets about muttering to himself as he often does ::

Damn it, Jack... haven't ye learned not to get your fool head turned by every lovely lass that catches your eye? Granted, she's uncommonly beautiful... Bah! She looked straight through you, ye gob. And that Simon character... what's his story? Aside from the obvious urge to feed him plantains, of course....

:: overhearing the conversation betwixt the Captian and the Monsignor, the QM politely breaks in ::

Aye, Cap'n... th' fillin' o th' fresh water supply did get belayed, due ta th' sightin' o' tha' ship... we shall commence the resupply soon as th' barge be repaired...

Soon...

Then, th' longboat'll be in repair...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye. I gave orders to have them filled yesterday? Why was this not done.

(He glares...but it dissolves into a smile.)

Forgive me, Monsignor. I am having you on, sir. I can imagine such an order was lost in the midst of so much work and preparation. You have my leave of courese to fill the water barrels.

I believe this may be the self same stream that supplies the fort. It comes down from the height behind the fort, does it not?

First captain the issue of one ship in approach pon our most vulnerable situation did in fact change the tempo of the days duties, And no sirthe waterfall behind the fort and coming from up high on the hill is a separate one. The one I speak of is most hidden way back into the glades and mangroves to the far east it is. That is sir if it is even still accessable to this time and effort again sir it has been thirty years since I did drink the fine water of its sring.

:: claps his hands together, smiles, and bows slightly, an expression of gratitude he learned in Singapore ::

Given your obvious expertise in these matters, I defer to your judgment. If it figures in to our timeline for departure, then a new sail it is!

:: casts and uneasy glance at the glaring Simon, then back to Kendra ::

He's not... never mind. Aye! A new sail. I'll just be... going...

:: motions in the direction away from Simon ::

...this way...

*Simon continues to growl like a rabid dog as he goes past*

"All right Simon, I think he got your message."

"He is rather adorable don't you think?"

*groans* "All I see is Trouble."

"That's all you ever see. Lets Find the Quater Master."

*She sees, that he is down on the beach checking on the rest of the crew.*

*She calls down to him* "Would going into town and getting material for a new sail  fit with the building time?"

"Aye, if it be a short trip...

Take a "lad" or two with ye, armed...

Here be 12 pieces-of-eight... that should get ye enough sail cloth fer two sails fer the barge..."

*They make they way down of the ship and Simon retrives the money bag. Because Simon has yet to registar his weapons, he still had his knife, cutlass and gun! But what they needed was a cart and one more man. So that the giant could do what he did best. . .protect Kendra what ever the cost!

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: overhearing the conversation betwixt the Captian and the Monsignor, the QM politely breaks in ::

Aye, Cap'n... th' fillin' o th' fresh water supply did get belayed, due ta th' sightin' o' tha' ship... we shall commence the resupply soon as th' barge be repaired...

Soon...

Then, th' longboat'll be in repair...

(Still smiling)

I'm not angry, Mister Lasseter. Not angry at all.

The work being done has outpaced my expectations, gentlemen. Aye. I've not seen such work performed so fast in all my days.

Aye Aye captain and a keg to fill for tasting pon return should I get through the overgrowths in surround.

checks out a rowboat two flintlocks me own cutlass and three knives. climbes in and sees straight aways that I had forgotten to have a partner about upon leaving the ship and camp. Returns to the camp and walks about in search of anyone there (nothing). Returns to the ship where all gunners are busy with duties so I goes below.

*They make they way down of the ship and Simon retrives the money bag. Because Simon has yet to registar his weapons, he still had his knife, cutlass and gun! But what they needed was a cart and one more man. So that the giant could do what he did best. . .protect Kendra what ever the cost!

One of the Watchman coming of his watch offers to take the two two.

This was excellent for it soon would be the weeksend and there would be hardly anyone in the shops so they could get what they need and get out without a fuss!

Kendra2.jpg

---------

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

Ciaran, kind sir I knows you were just down from the crows nest and yer watch did just end but would you brave me endeavors to allow you a nice boat ride back into the far recesses of the lagoons flats. I need a guard about upon my departure to try and find a spring fed creek I am pretty sure exists in the mangroves. I am to fill a keg for tasting that is if a way to it is still in existance with so much of the growth in the past thirty years I am reaching trying to think that it can still be there but ne'r the less It must be done are ye with me then? We'll need a blunderbus and your cutlass I have two flintlocks powder and shot.