Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye M. Diego, tha' would be fine... give Mr. Hawks what he needs...

Ah, Ms. Tempest... Nay, we be stayin' 'ere presently... all work on the hull be done, so's we gonna make ready all the arms aboard, rehoist th' masts an such...

AYe, Mad_Jack, make yer needs known ta th' Carpenter!!!

Master Petee!!!! I advise ye not ta use th' Longboat! She be as seaworthy as a crab trap presently!!

Bloody hell, Jack! Belay yer fixin' o' the barge til all cannon 'r back aboard! Yer ta shuttle the master gunner an' crew ta th' ship...

Master Carpenter... set yer mates ta makin' th' longboat seaworthy iffn' ye please!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*watches everyone scramble about, from ship to shore. drops the basket she was holding and decides to head back to town. She realizes she doesn't serve much purpose here unless she can throw food at the enemies or have her singing lull them to their death.....yeah, right-lol!

Walks away from the group, down the beach and heads back into the town......*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

*watches everyone scramble about, from ship to shore.  drops the basket she was holding and decides to head back to town.  She realizes she doesn't serve much purpose here unless she can throw food at the enemies or have her singing lull them to their death.....yeah, right-lol!

Walks away from the group, down the beach and heads back into the town......*

Where ye goin lass?

I'm starvin fer yer cookin. Mayhaps a nice fruit plate? (I cups me hands) Yoo Hoo! Was it something I said? ye need taa always be... (Looks down and turns around) n'er mind.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Ah, Ms. Tempest... Nay, we be stayin' 'ere presently... all work on the hull be done, so's we gonna make ready all the arms aboard, rehoist th' masts an such...

*With a nod of assent*

Very well then, Mister Lasseter... I am in need of leaving the encampment on urgent affaires, but should have no problems with a return by the change of tide. I have not seen the Captain since this blustering cropped up, if he should need my attention, I shall be in the tower for a short time. A short time, mark you, then I must depart.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

The door is opened and Armand, seeing the Captain waiting on the otherside smiles welcome and steps to the side.

"Bonjour, Capitaine...Please come in."

In the further depths of the round chamber, the Surgeon pauses in the packing of a leather satchel and turns to view the visitor.

"Good evening, sir. May I offer something to quench your thirst or a tidbit to eat? Please make yourself comfortable"

She reaches into the satchel and removes a flat packet to William's view.

"This will begin the stirring of events we had discussed previously..."

The packet is replaced within the leather cover.

"I am to assume that you spoke with Mister Lasseter and that is why you have come to intercept. You will forgive my boldness, but with the arising events of this day, I must ensure of this dispatch's departure to the proper hands. I shall also assume that there is a matter of which you are in need of my attention, otherwise you would not be here? What service may I do for you, sir?"

She steps closer to the lamplit area around the table...

///The merchant ship which came into view so recently, has awakened us to the peril of staying so close to land. I mean to move the ship offshore presently and to put us at anchor there. ///(W.R.W.)

" I had notion that could be the cause of such urgent stripping of the fortitude..."

///Do you mean to leave this very hour?///(W.R.W.)

///(notes the belongings)///(W.R.W.)

"I must leave to make my destination on time, to in turn be back here without hinderance to your plans. If you find need to take the Watch Dog from her current resting place in my absence, please do not hesitate to do so. If that should be the case, there is an isle not far from here called Blanc Requin...or White Shark by the English tongue...I can be there in a fortnight and will awaite you there on the westerly shore. I doubt that should be of necessity...though things happen."

Silence hangs the air as she reaches for the goblet of porter waiting where it had been placed earlier. Taking a draught, her focus returns to the Captain.

//You will go armed of course and with Armand? //(W.R.W.)

She watches him closely, noting the slight hint of concern.

"Armand is qualified to handle minor medical procedures and I can leave him to attend in my absence or he will accompany me. That choice is yours to make."

A sly smile rolls over the delicately hewn features

"William...shurly you have not forgotten Dorian and I's little melee' on the Watch Dog? I was having an easy go on myself...I was playing, as it were..."

The smile deepens...

"I am faster under demand and more accurate..., " She winks with a chuckle. "And my marksmanship surpasses my skill with a blade. My father taught me well."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*While she finishes checking her supplies, she notices Simon's stance as a stance of concern*

"What is it my friend?"

"They need help with the barge." * unsure :unsure: what to do he looks back at her*

"Well, what ya standin around for you big lug. . .go help um! *he wanted to but hated leaving Kendra alone, because she could not get around so well* "I'll be fine, if I need help I' ask besides they may have damage to a sail, and you can bring it to me all right?"

*Like a happy child sent off to play, he ran off toward the beach to see what he could do.

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

(Assured that the doctor is in good hands with Armand, William moves about the shoreline seeing to orders given and moving sailors along with haste. He then has an oarsman take him to the ship where he finds a flurry of activity. He moves about the ship here and there giving orders.)

See to that pitch pot there! Stow it with the caulk hammers and the scrapers!

You there! Look lively! See to that wood!

That's it lads! Step to your places!

Good Lady, to the holds with that luggage! All gear below!

Mind the braces there!

Get this livestock down below! See these animals secure!

Good work there, Master Gunner! Tight lines and sheltered powder. Aye.

Stow that length of cable, sir.

Mister Badger. Send these extra men aloft!

You there! Secure that eyelet with line!

Mind that frayed ratline!

(Smiles at the spry and speedy laborers)

Mister Lassester. Mister Badger. Monsignor, you have the deck. I must go below and store charts and arms.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Aye aye Captain.

Quartermaster I will be happy to run the ropes and take the basket. Be a right nice place to calm and quiet down.

I can't find Mr. Hawks he must have gone to town to procure all that is needed for his certain to be import repairs. I'll be aloft.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

//

Aye, sir. Belaying repairs, as ordered.

:: turns on his heel and heads quickly back to the Samsom ::

Stand down on repairs, men, and get her back into the water!

:: picks up 3 extra buckets and continues on, ignoring an odd feeling of deja vu ::

Here! Stow these where we can find them easily.

:: tosses the buckets into the barge ::

Make lively, gents! We've got guns to ferry! And no leaning against the mast! Ease those party favors in gently, and spaced evenly on the deck. I'd like to make it all the way to the ship and back again...

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

"Pleased to meet ye Jim ! An don't worry, we'll be turnin' the tides o' scare on that ship soon enough. The Cap'n delegated me to me own swivel, or murder gun if'n ye will. Guess I'll be one o' the Watch Dog's boarders....If'n that merchant ship be gettin' any closer, I'll be havin' me day sooner than expected, aye ? "

Aye, mate. I be posted ta the #2 gun below decks. Named 'er katherine did I. Me an Kate'l soften' 'em up fer ye, an 'ave yer back when ye go over the side.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Hearing the various calls to arms, Johnson leaps to his feet and reports to the Master Gunner. " Mister Youngblood sir, I came as soon as me legs could carry me. Where will ye have me station at sir ? ".

~Hearing the scuffle in the distance Shipwreck rushes to join the others.~ Ahoy Jim!! Did I miss anything I be a plunderin thrrough the woods yonder where I be a sleepin' last evenin' not much to see though. See the Ship, why, she be upright now . I needs to quit drinkin so heavy at night says I > It be almost dusk again and I missed all the fun. Well the who's this other Mate don't believe I've made your aquaintance jus' ye.

~ turns to Cuthroat, and throws out his hand for a proper greeting~

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

Mr. Lasseter, me name is Mad Woman Cheryl, you can just call me Mad Cheryl. I knows this is a busy time but I wuz told to give you a list o me effects. Here it be.

Personal knife

eating knife

2 flintlocks, powder and shot

baldric

2 cutlasses

small dagger (from cleavage)

small dagger from hat band

flogger

pair o' throwing knives from boots

Iffen ye donna mind, I be keepin' me personal knife an eatin knife. Now, just point me to me next job.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

* Turns and shakes John's hand * " The name be Johnson, Nicholas Johnson, but the local authorities named me Cut-throat Johnson as it were. It be a pleasure to meet ye mate. * Looks toward Jim * Katherine aye ? Fine name sir, fine name indeed. I named me gun " Yer Maker ". Cross me dead-lights an ye'll meet Yer Maker. Har, har, har !....Glad to know that ye an Katherine'll be backin me up while boardin....God knows I'll need it mate. "

(William walks the night deck of the Watch Dog. With most of the crew at rest or at work on pressing repairs, he offers to take up a watch so that some tired soul can retire to his hammock. He takes his musket aloft and spends an hour in the mizzenmast before coming down again to inspect the guns along the quarter deck.

Here he finds the lines are neatly set and even the uneven placement of the 12 pounder along the starboard side has a kind of symmetry to it. It adds an element of carefree mischief not to be found on a ship of higher military bearing. It also fits the mismatched but eclectic nature of the crew.

He moves throughout the ship to find completed work that is a credit to the sailors here. Mister Youngblood's newly trained recruits have shown that they can transport the cannons with efficiency and utmost skill. Some cannons, worn and weathered when purchased, now gleam by lantern light. The new band work now showing at the mast demonstrates what work can be done by an accomplished blacksmith. Mister Hawks has completed each task with a veteran's eye. The shrouds and stays seem almost refreshed. Captain Badger has plucked out decaying line and cable, replacing the rigging so perfectly, one cannot tell the new from the tried and true. Rummy's new carpentry blends flawlessly into the old. Only the new paint gives away the recent repairs.

Everywhere he goes he finds evidence of good men and women's work and their pride in the Watch Dog. The Doctor's clean and organized surgery. The Cook's well stocked larder. The Tailor's tidy mess of cloth and thread. The stowed charts and logbooks of the Navigator. Even the able seamen in their crowded spaces have polished up the lanterns and the oiled beams of the living space pressed between each cannon and stowed within the Forecastle.

All is well.

The Watch Dog all but begs to sail. Even as she was uprighted again she seemed to rotate on her belly, now more toward the sea.)

"Now to sea. Now to sea. The tide is but awhile off now."

(Jim Warren stirs in his hammock and then sleeps again. Mad Cheryl rocks silently next to a half dozen other sailors. Patrick snores softly under a heavy hat. A thousand quiet noises on a deck that will soon know screams and shouts and hellfire.

William goes above and stands at the rail wondering, not for the first time, if the Hammerhead is still afloat on some other sea than this.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg