Pyrates of the West Coast

*While drinking his coffee and puffing on his pipe, pulls out a piece of parchment and rights a note. He stands up and walks down to the entrance of the kitchen and posts it by the door. It reads.*

"All gunners crew meet with the master gunner at the gun emplacements on top of the fortifications for drilling."

Petee-2.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blackness of ink dried sluggishly upon the surface of well crafted parchemant, as the Surgeon sipped from the coffee's offer of strong tinged flavor. Inspecting the contents scribed with satisfaction, she wondered as to the time that it would take to resolve what the letter's content announced...

There was still a distinguished amount of weight to the name Bertrand, regardless of the ill doings of the past. Her grandfather was an outspoken gentleman of title and estate, though lack of opinion supression had gained ill favor to the ears and patience of Louis Xlll in 1640. A continual brandishing of views regarding the treatment of the common people of France and the Crown's responsibilities to its subjects, no matter their rank or station. These announcments were unsettling to courtier's ears as they drifted from the South to Paris and there were those that were seeing some truth to what was being related. With the louder and bolder proclaimations that had evolved over the years, Louis had grown weary and dispatched orders to have the crowing Gasconian Marquis stripped of title, lands and imprisoned. The King would never admit to the inner fear of the rousings of such condemnation regarding his rule of the lands, but these orders of action should quell any further thoughts on the matter.

The dictation was carried out in the late hours of the night and witnessed to the horror of her father who stood frozen on a footpath, returning from a secret rendezvous in town with a local girl. Helpless to the near goings on, he had backed further into the shelter of trees to see the man he called father dragged from the family chateau's great doorway in chains by a regiment of horseman in Royal colors. The elder Bertrand rough handled into an awaiting carriage while a letter of Royal Proclaimation was nailed to the large open doors. He was never seen by light of sun again...

But, there had been sympathisers to the grave injustice, though unable to offer aid at the time of ocurances. And to these she would turn, for some existed in the Antilles. Their were men who knew her grandfather, who knew the grievances and betrayals of history and if that were not enough, there were some in particular that owed favor in regard to the fact that her constant companion was still of ability to walk this earth alive.

The ink dried, the Surgeon gave one last glance to the name listed at the paperment's top the placed it within the dispatch envelope, sealing it securely with the family crest in wax. Standing up to stretch the tightening of muscle, she placed the messege in a secure place before steping into the courtyard and new day's light.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye sir. 'Twas Lobster.

<<Watching a muster being posted on the door, I bid Diego goodbye and walk to the entrance of the kitchen and read:

"All gunners crew meet with the master gunner at the gun emplacements on top of the fortifications for drilling."

Collecting my gear for the day I head towards a day of drilling . . .>>

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

*stretches a little and then gets up. Heads down to the water to wash up and then gets dressed. Returns to where most of the crew is milling about.*

I'm heading into town to pick up a few things for today's meals. I shouldn't be long and no, I don't need anyone to accompany me.

*with that, she heads in the direction of town.*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye sir. 'Twas Lobster.

<<Watching a muster being posted on the door, I bid Diego goodbye and walk to the entrance of the kitchen and read:

Collecting my gear for the day I head towards a day of drilling . . .>>

Aye Then Mr P E W thanks for the hand good man. Right here'll be fine for the wood then.

Rummy the fires are a start and the need be fer another barrel o tar and more old ropes as well I'll be in the hold incase we've overlooked any needs! I'll Be Right Back.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

::sets down on a tree trunk that has washed up on shore, within easy sight of the ship and the fortifications. opens logbook...::

Soon we be seaworthy... Lessee about a few things ta be done...

Watches

Traditionally, a 24-hour day is divided into seven watches. These are: midnight to 4 a.m. [0000-0400], the mid-watch; 4 to 8 a.m. [0400-0800], morning watch; 8 a.m. to noon [0800-1200], forenoon watch; noon to 4 p.m. [1200-1600], afternoon watch; 4 to 6 p.m. [1600-1800] first dog watch; 6 to 8 p.m. [1800-2000], second dog watch; and, 8 p.m. to midnight [2000-2400], evening watch. The half hours of the watch are marked by the striking the bell an appropriate number of times.

Need ta get them settled...

Need ta resupply 'r water stores....

need ta repair th' barge...

And th' longboat ain't seaworthy either...

Dingy needs ta be repainted...

An' we needs a cutter....

AN' th' guns need ta be repaired...

Still lots ta do.....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

A sheen of lather foamed on the flanks of the two mounts procured in town. Astride the Bay of distinct Spanish lines, Armand led the second of Blue Roan tint back down the rut of dirt road to the encampment and fortitude. The coverage of tall palm did its best to lend shielding against the climb of sun overhead, but the overgrowth of native plants bordering the path on either side hindered the passage of any cooling breeze. Sighting the familiar form of the Ship's cook approaching from the opposit direction, he slowed the horses speed and in passing her, doffed his hat in respect.

Rounding the final curve of shade and into the full glare of sun, he dismounted to lead the horses the final distance to the fortitude on foot.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Without a creek or scuff.......I walks up behind Mr. Hawks an' Mr. Lassiter........'There's a good couple o' months left in those strappin's misters!!.....(he bellows).

But ifin' ye thinks them t' be changed.....then changed they will be sah!'....(grumbles)...awaits orders.

"Well now... ya think so do ya? Move closer sos I can sho ya whats been appenin to um. ya sees right e'r. Thens salt pits. and this here one runs verticle to the pins olden em agether. A stress point I seen in may a day. Ana, i'fn ya sees in a few spots ya can e'n see the wood aneath through tiny holes. Not a good sign. Most wouldn't e'en know it till it be to late, an SNAP!!! Ana, thar be some others as well. Now..I'fn you be willin ta risk it and all on board that be a different matter. But tis me job ta fix wit me skill o smithin what need fixin ta make her sea worthiness stay intact. So now, what ya say? Ana you to Mr Lasseter, cause I be gettin right wit it as soon as ya says so."

Mr Hawks , knows metal well and has worked with it for 25 years. But with his hands tied at the moment waitin on a decision, all he can do is wait. He is a master at his craft and can make what is needed even better then what was there. It's been said he can create what others only dream about. But for now, a decision needs to be made.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Without a creek or scuff.......I walks up behind Mr. Hawks an' Mr. Lassiter........'There's a good couple o' months left in those strappin's misters!!.....(he bellows).

But ifin' ye thinks them t' be changed.....then changed they will be sah!'....(grumbles)...awaits orders.

"Well now... ya think so do ya? Move closer sos I can sho ya whats been appenin to um. ya sees right e'r. Thens salt pits. and this here one runs verticle to the pins olden em agether. A stress point I seen in may a day. Ana, i'fn ya sees in a few spots ya can e'n see the wood aneath through tiny holes. Not a good sign. Most wouldn't e'en know it till it be to late, an SNAP!!! Ana, thar be some others as well. Now..I'fn you be willin ta risk it and all on board that be a different matter. But tis me job ta fix wit me skill o smithin what need fixin ta make her sea worthiness stay intact. So now, what ya say? Ana you to Mr Lasseter, cause I be gettin right wit it as soon as ya says so."

Mr Hawks , knows metal well and has worked with it for 25 years. But with his hands tied at the moment waitin on a decision, all he can do is wait. He is a master at his craft and can make what is needed even better then what was there. It's been said he can create what others only dream about. But for now, a decision needs to be made.

(William inspects the braces and timber)

Mister Lasseter! If you would please. I believe that Mister Hawks has pressing work here.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Mister Lasseter! If you would please. I believe that Mister Hawks has pressing work here.

::Knuckles forehead::

Aye,aye Cap'n...

Master Hawks, Ye says ye inspected all the' metal works aboard an' ashore.... We's soon ta right th' ship, seein' as all hull repair be done...

Please make reperations ta repair all necessary bits....

Also, when yer finished their, I have a request fer ye ta make some spare trunion straps fer the various cannon... an' some mounts fer th' swivels...

Carry on Lad...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

(William draws out a spyglass and watches the ships progression. He is quiet for a long while.)

Aye. It is indeed. You have a sharp eye. I believe she is a merchantman carrying trade goods to town. We'll keep an eye on her. She may yet be more dangerous than she appears, but I think not. I'll have the watches put out the barge and see what can be seen from the fort tower as well.

Thank you, Master Carpenter. Aye. You have a sharp eye indeed.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:: the hull now fully repaired, all efforts are made to right the ship.. The tackle is loosed, allowing the ship to settle in the rising tide... within the hour she floats level, awaiting her masts and rigging to be restored, then to have all her equipment returned to her berths and hold::

Ah.. tis a fine thing....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Mister Lasseter!  If you would please.  I believe that Mister Hawks has pressing work here.

::Knuckles forehead::

Aye,aye Cap'n...

Master Hawks, Ye says ye inspected all the' metal works aboard an' ashore.... We's soon ta right th' ship, seein' as all hull repair be done...

Please make reperations ta repair all necessary bits....

Also, when yer finished their, I have a request fer ye ta make some spare trunion straps fer the various cannon... an' some mounts fer th' swivels...

Carry on Lad...

Aye Mr Lasseter...It been all inspected and since ya gives the order, I be gettin ta me work. I'll let ya know when I be startin those there trunion straps. I wants ta be makin sure it all be in right good shape is all. After all, it be not just me own scurvy life I be savin when aboard er now. Haha!! Not that I ain't been in the water afore mind ya. I be grabbin a few men ta take more hard iron ta the fort to me forge so I can get workin right away. Now, I'fn thar be nothin else ya be requirin, I'll be on me way.

Shoots anything that moves!!

:: the QM, hearing that a ship has been sighted, walks to where the Captian is standing, peering through his glass... Hearing it may be a merchant, but still dangerous, the captian orders the barge to be launched as a precaution...::

Aye, aye cap'n....

::looks about, sees mad_Jack...::

Jack, get yer crew tagether, launch th' barge, an' equip th' crew wi' muskets n' cutlass... Take the #7 swivel an' mount it in th' bow.... be wary o' tha' ship yonder....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"Come along Simon, and don't be draging that material through the sand like that." *Barks the short young woman in the rear, limping along wearin dark man breeches, and white long sleeve shirt, boots and a red bandana hold her hair back save one lonely stran that she pushes behind her ear.* " Kendra me love, are ye sure you be needin all this?"

"Aye that I will, For who knows, how long I be gone." *Finally reaches the fort, and see's one of the watchman. * "Excuse me sir, but I am here to see a Mister Lasseter. Would you tell him The Watch Dog's Sailmaker and tailor has arrived

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

:: after seeing to the reperations of security and repairs, the QM turns to the sound of his title hollered from the fortification, where two figures stend by the gate guard, who waves him over...::

Must be some new lads comin' aboard...

:: he walks up to the gate and adresses the new faces..::

Aye, I be th' Quartermaster, Dorian Lasseter...

'ow might I be o' service?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Thank you, Mister Lasseter. Please see all able seamen armed for precautions sake and go ashore to notify Mister Youngblood to keep a wary ye in case we must o'r shoot the Watch Dog at our enemy.

Aye, aye...

::turns to the new folks::

My apologies, I shall return in a short tyme....

::He turns and briskly walks in through the gate, musters the lookouts and any free hand, issues them muskets and orders to 'be on guard'...

Finding the master gunner he passes the Captains command to be ready with the guns, incase the ship comes closer...::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: after seeing to the reperations of security and repairs, the QM turns to the sound of his title hollered from the fortification, where two figures stend by the gate guard, who waves him over...::

Must be some new lads comin' aboard...

:: he walks up to the gate and adresses the new faces..::

Aye, I be th' Quartermaster, Dorian Lasseter...

'ow might I be o' service?

*Steps around her large friend and over to the Quater Master. Captain Wake Sent me said you needed a sail maker and tailor aboard my name is Kendra *puts out her hand*

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

*Hauling off toward the fortifications to join in the gun drills, Jim stops to drop his bag, sea chest and most of his weapons at the encampment. He calls out in the seemingly deserted encampment...*

Ahoy, be thar anyone about this 'ere camp?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...