Pyrates of the West Coast

::see the master gunner approach::

Mornin' to ye....

I 'ave some work fer ye an' yer mates.... Some o' them swivels what was purchased need ta be serviced... three as a point o' fact 'r unusable... Also, two o' th' main guns aboard 'r likewise... Number three an' number six, both be eighteen pounders... Once we be finished wi' th' hull, an' she be righted, I'd like ye ta get ta work...

Thankee....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Stands up and stretches after running out the big 18 pounder Culverin, walks over and picks up the linstock with the lit slow match and lowers it to the touch hole.*

KAAAAAABOOOOOM

*The big gun jumps back violently, jerking the ropes tied to the mooring rings tight.*

Petee-2.jpg

:: He carefully scales down the side of the beached ship's hull, looking for areas that need extra work to repair. He finds one, as a small section of hull collapses under his boot heel. Upon closer inspection, an area on the outer hull the size of a large service platter has been honeycombed by worms ::

Oi! Looks like we've been a meal for the Torinos! The inner hull's in good order, at least...

:: He ducks at the sound of the cannon, and mutters to himself ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

*to Diego*

Beggin' yer pardon sirs, but this note wuz delivered to me an' I just now came straight away. It said for me t' be here at this ship, so's 'ere I am. Jus' tells me whar t' go an' wot to do.

Me name's Mad Woman Cheryl. I be a fast learner an can sings some too.

*comes out on deck, sees her sis Mad Woman Cheryl, runs and gives her a great big hug* Well sis I see ye finally made up yer mind to join this 'ere fine ship. Is good to see ye again.

Captn' sir she is a quick learner and sings a fine tune iffen ye wants 'er ta sing. Now donna let 'er appearence full ya. She be a hard worker she is. Aye capt'n should of seen me trying to get 'er to come on board this fine ship of ours. Jees lots of trouble that was and got me lots of bruises ta prove it. :lol:

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

I have time enough for any discussion, I should think. The work outside is being done with speed and good judgement and will not be halted by my abscence.

(considers the offer of a drink.)

Some water if you please. It is already showing signs of being quite hot.

As you wish..

*A nod to Armand*

Please make yourself comfortable. I spent the night hours puzzeling over certain areas concerning the status of the ship and the hazards of such economic undertakings....

*Studies William's expression intently before continueing...*

As you well know, the crime of Pyracy is a hanging offense as dictated by the Admiralty. That same said Admiralty has a very long reach to even these temperate climes...

*Pauses for a moment to choose her words carefully*

The safest way to ensure no encounters with a Tyburn adornment, is to procure documentation that secures a certain legality to said pursuites. There are means to secure said documents. There are certain parties that I have contact with that may be willing to assist in said matters...

*She leans back to the chair's support., voice dropping in volume..*

There are certain, shall I say... advantages to standing within the good graces of individuals in high places...

(William doesn't speak for some time. His face measures out no emotion at all for a long while.)

Good, Doctor. If you believe that such documentation can be procured, then by all means, see to that possibility. However, you will have to use some other name than Brand, when speaking of your captain.

(He pauses there for a time.)

You see, Doctor, I am already wanted for pyracy. If the Watch Dog is ever boarded or I am captured while ashore, I will be surely hanged. It may be that anyone found with me will be hanged, as my offenses, both real and proscribed, are many.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*swims back to shore and walks over to his hammock, gets dressed and puts on all his gear. Walks to the forts kitchen and fills his mug with coffee. Makes his way back to the palms and sits down leaning his back up agianst one of the trees. Sips his his coffee and pulls out his pipe, lights it and takes a long drag.*

Petee-2.jpg

(William doesn't speak for some time.  His face measures out no emotion at all for a long while.)

Good, Doctor.  If you believe that such documentation can be procured, then by all means, see to that possibility.  However, you will have to use some other name than Brand, when speaking of your captain.

(He pauses there for a time.)

You see, Doctor, I am already wanted for pyracy.  If the Watch Dog is ever boarded or I am captured while ashore, I will be surely hanged.  It may be that anyone found with me will be hanged, as my offenses, both real and proscribed, are many.

The Surgeon leans forward to the table, closely observing his words.

"I see...Things of such nature prove a large problem to your...constitution, as it were."

The is a pause of silence that lingers in the air, before she continues...

"I shall see what I can do, though you realize that it may take time to procure such arrangements. The whims of the Powerful can be a fickle beast indeed. I shall make arrangements though it may entail my leaving the company to procure the legalities and resolve. There are those that owe certain favors to my person..."

A cold light briefly fleets her eyes, punctuated by a hint of feral smile....

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

"I see...Things of such nature prove a large problem to your...constitution, as it were."

I shall see what I can do, though you realize that it may take time to procure such arrangements. The whims of the Powerful can be a fickle beast indeed. I shall make arrangements though it may entail my leaving the company to procure the legalities and resolve.

I understand. If you should find some favorable benefactor, please use the name William Holland when referring to me. The name has had some use before and sheltered me from scrutiny in the past.

As for my constitution, it is as it ever has been and no storm ever made a difference of it. I will weather what worries as I may.

(William seems to turn inward for a moment with a calm, but somewhat predatorial smile.)

*Finishing the rest of his coffee and dumping out the ash in his bowl, he pulls out his pistols and and loads them. Putting one hand on the ground to support him he slowly stands up and walks twenty paces and turns around. He raises his right arm and takes aim at the piece of drift wood hanging on one of the palm trees and pulls the trigger.* BOOM * He raise is left arm and fires.* BOOM

Petee-2.jpg

*with a large smile on his face , he turns to see the quarter master,* Oh sorry sir didn't see ya there, right, gun maintanence, the gunnery crews and meself will get on that right away sir.

No Lad, Ye won't....

Not until th' ol' girl be righted.... You try ta service 'em guns aboard an' yer liable ta loose it thru th' bulwarks!

Mind th' fortifications...

::nods and walks away.... shaking his head::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

I shall see what I can do, though you realize that it may take time to procure such arrangements. The whims of the Powerful can be a fickle beast indeed. I shall make arrangements though it may entail my leaving the company to procure the legalities and resolve.

I understand. If you should find some favorable benefactor, please use the name William Holland when referring to me. The name has had some use before and sheltered me from scrutiny in the past.

As for my constitution, it is as it ever has been and no storm ever made a difference of it. I will weather what worries as I may.

(William seems to turn inward for a moment with a calm, but somewhat predatorial smile.)

"Then, William...Consider it done. Least ways the beginnings to be put into motion."

*Reaching to grasp the ever present bottle of porter on the table's surface, she pours the depth of two goblets nearby then slides one to the Captain. Raising her own to him...*

To our enemies enemies, sir..

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*reloading pistols, looking at the ship* When are they gonna bloody right that thing, seems like weve been in this blast cove for years. I need ta get me gun crews in there and make sure that those guns be functional and ta start drillin. *shakes head* ta think the quartermaster thought I meant ta do maintenance on those guns while the ship be on the side.

*raises both guns at once* BABOOM

*the shots rip through the drift wood spliting it in two, cause splinters to fly.*

Petee-2.jpg

Master gunner sir

is there any thing like a crock ergh somthin we can eat from yer effort of needed ta fire them things off all the time?

Hemp and jute mix of oakum nerely ready, best be gettin a good chill first so I dives in the bay and comes firen up and back onto the shore (weren't expectin it to be that cold nar)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

"Then, William...Consider it done. Least ways the beginnings to be put into motion."

*Reaching to grasp the ever present bottle of porter on the table's surface, she pours the depth of two goblets nearby then slides one to the Captain. Raising her own to him...*

To our enemies enemies, sir..

(Raises his glass)

To our enemies.

(Then adds with a smile.)

Any who have escaped thus far.

(Raises his glass)

To our enemies.

(Then adds with a smile.)

Any who have escaped thus far

The smile that plays the fullness of her lip is a reflection to the Captain's own. The fine tone of crystal to crystal rings the air to seal the endeavor's finalization of want. Taking a deep draught of the pungent flavor, the Surgeon nods in accord.

"Well then, William...I shall set the wheels of Fate into motion and see what will be. Though I have a strong feeling that all shall fall into proper placement..."

The goblet is returned to the table surface.

"I dare not keep you away any longer from matters of import. Thank you for your time, I am one to think that it was well spent."

:: finishes removing the degraded outer hull planking with a pry bar, tossing the crumbling bits and chunks to the beach below ::

There! That should keep the carpenter's mate busy for a while.

:: goes back to examining the hull ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

<<Hearing a knock at the door of the Inn where I'm staying, I arise to find a muster attached to the door>>

"Gunners crew

1 Mad_Jack lieutenant

2 Siren

3 Firethorne

4 Mr P E W

Able seamen

1 Siren lieutenant

2 Firethorne

3 Mr P E W

Boarders

1 Patric Hand

2 Siren

3 Mr P E W

"

<<Surprised be gets me to have made the crew that has been the talk all over town. Throwing my cutlasses and dagger into a bedroll, I race down to the docks hoping to find the Ghost Dog has not set sail. >>

<>Finding the first person I can, I stagger up to him and ask:>>

Yarrr there, whereabouts be I a findin' the ships' Quartermaster, a Mr. Lasseter or the Bo'sun, a Mr. Badger?

Me needs to be reportin' fer duty as part of the gunner's crew and as able seaman aboard ship . . .

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Good morning, my good man. I would give you consent to come aboard, but since she is hauled over and much of her is pitched too far to stand, it may be best if you don't. The Master Gunner is at the cove fort yonder. Make yourself known to him and watch for the arrival of the Ship's Master for your duties, sir.

Captain I should like to walk the both of the new crew and make introductions in the fort sir! (turns to Shipwreck John) I be diego and yer welcomming commitee this morn. Welcomes aboard! so lets gets yer bags stowed over in the fort. Please do come along Cheryl (fergets me duties Mad Woman Cheryl this be Shipwreck John) by the by we wont be usin yer monikers aboard ship so the shipwreck is gone and Mad Woman well that be a long address though I does find it most involving. (turns lifts two bags now) to the encampment then.

(not being a trip of distance as much as unforgiving for when carrying extra weight in sand the steps do begin to take an immediate toll on ones calfs. Over here is guns one and there be two on the lookout is three and four five and six on the rear wall. the camp is small and this be our cove where the likes of many have done as we are now making a fresh hull and as I suspect watchin the Captain noting this morning a few keel modifications as well. Christine be the cook thats fried pork strips ya smell and id be guessing scones with mongos and or bananas be on the plates as well. Lets put yer things together over here as ye come on board together I want yer bonds together as well. ye gots each others back from the heres on. Rummy oer thar be the Carpenter (shes really good with wood) and Hawks over thar (turns a 180) he be the Smithey. we will need a list of all yer weapons brought on board and they'll be checked in with the Quatermaster Dorian. Aye that tower houses the temporary surgeons quarters and work room for her as well. Tempest be with much spirit and can and will heal any and everything. (leans in to thar ears) Armand her assistant makes a fine cup of Joe! (turns to address the mornings need to make constitution and addresses them) Fine then! Off I be.....

Thank ye fer the help with the seabag Mr Diego and fer the introduction to this right nice lookin band of swabs. It appears I should be fittin right in.

Good morning, my good man. I would give you consent to come aboard, but since she is hauled over and much of her is pitched too far to stand, it may be best if you don't. The Master Gunner is at the cove fort yonder. Make yourself known to him and watch for the arrival of the Ship's Master for your duties, sir.

~Shoves off to find Pirate Petee~

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

:: finishes removing the degraded outer hull planking with a pry bar, tossing the crumbling bits and chunks to the beach below ::

There! That should keep the carpenter's mate busy for a while.

:: goes back to examining the hull ::

*noticing the new hole in the hull* Oh, bloody e'll, it just keeps gettin worse. *Walks up to the forts kitchen and pours two tankards of ale and walks up to a cannon enplacement. Stratling the cannon he sits there kepping watch on the entance and sips at his ale.*

Petee-2.jpg

::much work is being done on the exposed hull of the ship, several damaged areas have been patched, most of the seems have been caulked, all is moving along in due course::

Grande, grande indeed...

:: observing the workings and goings about of the crew, the QM sees that most of the gunnery crew stands about passively.... Finding the master gunner by the sound of him firing his pistols ::

Aye! Master Petee.....

Wot says ye take yer gun crews an' drill 'em wi' th' fortification armaments?

Otherwise I'll assign 'em ta workin' on th' hull.... But, drill 'em dry... we can't be waistin' so much powder... unless yer pockets be deep enough ta replace said powder...

::nods::

Make it so...

:: turns and eyes the progress on the hull, seeing Mad_Jack scrabbling across her side, using a crowbar to pull up bad spots...::

Lets hope 'e don' fall inta th' water...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Mr P E W goods ta haves ye back mate, Master Gunner is on Gun in the encampment over there on watch but Mad_Jack (turning to point to the exposed hull some 18 feet above) he could use yer assist on the hull inspections.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.