Pyrates of the West Coast

After making contact with Petee, Wil fetches himself a fresh mug of ale before taking up his position at the gun implacement.

Wil Firethorn …ship’s gunner & scoundrel

wil22.gif

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*to Diego*

Beggin' yer pardon sirs, but this note wuz delivered to me an' I just now came straight away. It said for me t' be here at this ship, so's 'ere I am. Jus' tells me whar t' go an' wot to do.

Me name's Mad Woman Cheryl. I be a fast learner an can sings some too.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

At the sight of the returned Master Gunner Petee, Johnson wastes no time to inform Petee of his new hand. " Mister Youngblood sir. It be right an fair to see ye up an about again...Nicholas "Cut-throat" Johnson at yer' service. Cap'n William delegated me to be yer' right-hand at the murder guns sir. I've been gettin familiar with the weaponry, but I've still much to learn sir ".

*Stands up, when he notices the captain and diego talkin* Oh sorry sir didn see ya there, I really get into it when I be cleanin me pistols. Kinda spiritual like if ya know what I mean,...well that and the ale.

Pirate Petee! Yer gun, sir, has a reputation fer goings off, it does! :P Me thinks prehaps ye been handlin it a bit much lately, is that true? :P

(Ciaran awakens to a bright sunny day. He rises from the sand where he slept the night soundly after his first day in service to Captain William and the fine ship Watch Dog. He hears the snorin' of many of his mates. He must be first up, as the sun is jes barely inchin up o'er the calm water. Ciaran walks silently down to the waters edge to splash some water oer his face. He stands, water drippin'd down his blond-red shoulder length hair. He pulls his hair back and ties it with string.

Yesterday's work was hard, pullin' ropes to turn the great ship. Ciaran feels the tenderness of his muscles and smiles. Tis good to feel yer body, to feel alive. Aye, tis good to be here. He looks out toward the risin' sun and offers thanks, then turns to search fer breakfast.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

~ Shipwreck John walks up the Brow~ Permission to Come aboard. I have recieved word the ye be lookin fer crew to man yer ship. I have talked with the Captain ashore and He says to me " We"re lookin for another gunner to cmplinent our crew. Tell the Master gunner , Mr youngblood to assign ye to one the 24 pounders!" Mr Youngblood I be right fittin gunner and Have experience with the Royal Navy. I would be honored to join your Gun crew.

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

(Ciaran finds some oranges, takes a couple and climbs to the top of the nearest palm tree. Cradlin himself in the top, he begins peelin the fruit, as the tree gently sways in the tropical breeze. Noticin movement of a man he did not see here yesterday, Ciaran looks down at the stranger who be hailin Mr. Youngblood. He seems safe enough Ciaran decides, so puts his attention to more important things. He takes out his spyglass and scans the horizon. A good Lookout never strays far from his duty.)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*to Diego*

Beggin' yer pardon sirs, but this note wuz delivered to me an' I just now came straight away. It said for me t' be here at this ship, so's 'ere I am. Jus' tells me whar t' go an' wot to do.

Me name's Mad Woman Cheryl. I be a fast learner an can sings some too.

Aye top o the day good and fetching lass! I be Diego Santana de la Vega this here leanin ships clergy and I welcomes ya to Captain William Red Wakes ship the Watch Dog. I see ya have been standin here ignored fer some time let me help ya with yer bags and such were presently camped thar in the watch fort yonder. If ya should the likes of need be we should be up and about shortly this crew does sleep much and often. Welcomes aboard, does ye carry any (many) weapons and are ye familliars with the likes of certain (errgghhh) shall I say methods of ending life? We needs a few more long bows and ifin ye likes guns we needs a few more gunners as well then agin ifin ye show a blades use well able seamen and boarders be the certain need. Lets carry yer things to the fort.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*The morning's break gave light to a night of restless sleep and little of that. Sitting with a deep crease of concentration playing her browline, the Surgeon waited for the deliverance of foggy train of thought in hopes that the dark liquid being heated nearby would give some relief.

Armand came to the rough hewn table's edge, setting down the China pot and two cups before taking a seat across. He knew the expression knitting the face afore him, years had given him knowledge of such. Pouring the fragrant darkness into the awaiting delicate emptiness, the long time companion sat back, waiting with ever patience for her to speak.

Glancing to the proffered cup, Tempest broke from her musing to offer a word of gratitude. One cup consumed and another filled, she broke the silence that hung in the air,*

Armand...Would you be so kind to send word with one of the gentleman outside that I am in need of the Captain's audience when he is at liesure.

*A silent nod of aknowledgement was all that was given, as the Steward left the table and circular room for the freshness of dawn's air...*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(William makes his way out to the Watch Dog early to inspect her waterline and rudder. He makes what notes he can about her, spending a full hour sketching as much of her as he can. It is not often that a Captain may inspect this much of his ship, so William takes full advantage of it. Then he climbs aboard her precarious decks and checks the lines and block used to haul her over. Then he hears a request to come aboard and peers over to find Shipwreck John.)

Good morning, my good man. I would give you consent to come aboard, but since she is hauled over and much of her is pitched too far to stand, it may be best if you don't. The Master Gunner is at the cove fort yonder. Make yourself known to him and watch for the arrival of the Ship's Master for your duties, sir.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

(William makes his way out to the Watch Dog early to inspect her waterline and rudder. He makes what notes he can about her, spending a full hour sketching as much of her as he can. It is not often that a Captain may inspect this much of his ship, so William takes full advantage of it. Then he climbs aboard her precarious decks and checks the lines and block used to haul her over. Then he hears a request to come aboard and peers over to find Shipwreck John.)

Good morning, my good man. I would give you consent to come aboard, but since she is hauled over and much of her is pitched too far to stand, it may be best if you don't. The Master Gunner is at the cove fort yonder. Make yourself known to him and watch for the arrival of the Ship's Master for your duties, sir.

Captain I should like to walk the both of the new crew and make introductions in the fort sir! (turns to Shipwreck John) I be diego and yer welcomming commitee this morn. Welcomes aboard! so lets gets yer bags stowed over in the fort. Please do come along Cheryl (fergets me duties Mad Woman Cheryl this be Shipwreck John) by the by we wont be usin yer monikers aboard ship so the shipwreck is gone and Mad Woman well that be a long address though I does find it most involving. (turns lifts two bags now) to the encampment then.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Captain I should like to walk the both of the new crew and make introductions in the fort sir! (turns to Shipwreck John) I be diego and yer welcomming commitee this morn. Welcomes aboard! so lets gets yer bags stowed over in the fort. Please do come along Cheryl (fergets me duties Mad Woman Cheryl this be Shipwreck John) by the by we wont be usin yer monikers aboard ship so the shipwreck is gone and Mad Woman well that be a long address though I does find it most involving. (turns lifts two bags now) to the encampment then.

Very well. Carry on, Monsignor.

(Recieving a request for an audience from the doctor, William returns to the fort as well.)

(not being a trip of distance as much as unforgiving for when carrying extra weight in sand the steps do begin to take an immediate toll on ones calfs. Over here is guns one and there be two on the lookout is three and four five and six on the rear wall. the camp is small and this be our cove where the likes of many have done as we are now making a fresh hull and as I suspect watchin the Captain noting this morning a few keel modifications as well. Christine be the cook thats fried pork strips ya smell and id be guessing scones with mongos and or bananas be on the plates as well. Lets put yer things together over here as ye come on board together I want yer bonds together as well. ye gots each others back from the heres on. Rummy oer thar be the Carpenter (shes really good with wood) and Hawks over thar (turns a 180) he be the Smithey. we will need a list of all yer weapons brought on board and they'll be checked in with the Quatermaster Dorian. Aye that tower houses the temporary surgeons quarters and work room for her as well. Tempest be with much spirit and can and will heal any and everything. (leans in to thar ears) Armand her assistant makes a fine cup of Joe! (turns to address the mornings need to make constitution and addresses them) Fine then! Off I be.....

*A soft rap sounded upon the oaken door and Armand hurried to its hail. Standing with respect to the Captain's arrival, the Surgeon smiled warmly to the wide shouldered presence taking the width of door frame and offered a seat form the table*

Good morning, sir. I do hope that I have not caused any problems in you schedule with my request of audience. I fully realize that you are very encumbered with your duties of station. If there is a more proper time I am willing to wait for the matters of which I am to speak may be of a legnthy nature...May I offer you something to drink?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*appears on the shore again, returning after an early morning trip to town. Spots Diego giving introductions and approaches him* Have ye seen the Cap'n? I need him to give his alright on a deal on coffee beans . . . also need to ask him where he wants me to store the extra rum that got mixed in with my cargo.

(noting the movement around the ship and fort and the lack of any movement on the sea, save fer a school of porpoises, Ciaran closes his spyglass and slides down the palm tree, landing square-footedly on the beach. Time to begin more work on the Watch Dog.)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*appears on the shore again, returning after an early morning trip to town. Spots Diego giving introductions and approaches him* Have ye seen the Cap'n? I need him to give his alright on a deal on coffee beans . . . also need to ask him where he wants me to store the extra rum that got mixed in with my cargo.

Aye lass I sees yer wide eyed this glorious morn! I did see the captain he would be predisposed though as council with the surgeon Tempest is his bidding for the present. Nicely doen bye the bye on yer aquisitions yesterday. (the ale is very good indeed) God Bless you child though I must insist you are with guard at all times out of this encampment now if you need a shaddow I wilst find and appoint one. pormise me this no more sneaking of to town alone. It worry's me that any one of a thousand scurvy dogs seein the likes of you could follows ye back and ergh well you never leave the camp alone nuff said?

Aye Good morrow Ciaran how be thee? Kind sir this here most independant lass is in need of her back being watched and ifin ye wouldn't mind as the lot of new mates comes on board in pairs I'll be asking them ta do's the sames, Grammercy

*A soft rap sounded upon the oaken door and Armand hurried to its hail. Standing with respect to the Captain's arrival, the Surgeon smiled warmly to the wide shouldered presence taking the width of door frame and offered a seat form the table*

Good morning, sir. I do hope that I have not caused any problems in you schedule with my request of audience. I fully realize that you are very encumbered with your duties of station. If there is a more proper time I am willing to wait for the matters of which I am to speak may be of a legnthy nature...May I offer you something to drink?

I have time enough for any discussion, I should think. The work outside is being done with speed and good judgement and will not be halted by my abscence.

(considers the offer of a drink.)

Some water if you please. It is already showing signs of being quite hot.

:: the late evenings work of yestereve done, the refloating, having the barge's crew haull the ol' girl round, resetting the tackle and once the tide rolled out, hauling her back over, exposing her other side... The QM, sees the Carpenter administering her sage advice to the crew under her supervision, back at work... Noting the progress, he turns to what is at hand here on shore... Walking through the fortification, noting the crew maning the cannon, looking out for trouble sea and land side.... Seeing new faces aproaching and being greeted by M.Diego...::

Very well... Me thinks we be weighin' out soon enough... knock on wood...

*reaches out and knocks three times on the gun truck nearest him*

::See the Captian approach the surgeon's rooms, knock and enter::

*brow furrows*

Hope there be nothin' amiss.... I's sure ta find out soon enough...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

I have time enough for any discussion, I should think. The work outside is being done with speed and good judgement and will not be halted by my abscence.

(considers the offer of a drink.)

Some water if you please. It is already showing signs of being quite hot.

As you wish..

*A nod to Armand*

Please make yourself comfortable. I spent the night hours puzzeling over certain areas concerning the status of the ship and the hazards of such economic undertakings....

*Studies William's expression intently before continueing...*

As you well know, the crime of Pyracy is a hanging offense as dictated by the Admiralty. That same said Admiralty has a very long reach to even these temperate climes...

*Pauses for a moment to choose her words carefully*

The safest way to ensure no encounters with a Tyburn adornment, is to procure documentation that secures a certain legality to said pursuites. There are means to secure said documents. There are certain parties that I have contact with that may be willing to assist in said matters...

*She leans back to the chair's support., voice dropping in volume..*

There are certain, shall I say... advantages to standing within the good graces of individuals in high places...

Five more minutes, Five more minutes, * wakes with a start* Oh must been dreamin, mornin allready? Well lets wakes um up if they aint already. * Sits up from his hammock and puts on his boots. Lights his pipe as he walks to the gun emplacment over looking the entrance to the cove.*

Petee-2.jpg