Pyrates of the West Coast

kneeling beside the fires I am reminded that in all the mornings hurries I near to forgots ta drop my chin in prayer. Dear heavenly father be with us again this day as you yesterday did so successfully watched over our doings and safely guided us through our work. Would you bless us with such a strong foundation of skill and allow our faith to once again work as safely as well. in Your name .. BOOM.... BOOM.... Amen.......(I looks up) I wish he'd stop that! nerely scares me t'death he does.... his powder hungry needs are as well a fit known ta me. (I cups me hands) Turnin ta face the master gunner I says Petee? can ye share a smoke?

I stand and kick somethin under the sand and swear. Damn! I looks down and starts ta uncoverin some canvas wrapped reed tube shaped box of some sorts. Petee Lookin up with some excite. Petee make haste kind sir, Look at this!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*swaggers up shore line, returning from errands* Well, I think I got everything on the list - and got some pretty good bargins. Got the barrels of tar, five of ale for the price of four. I got a deal on the barrel of mead, and the water was easy. *starts unloading thebarrels and crates of nails.* I love having contacts in every port!

(Looks up to see Rummy commin down to his excitement in the sand) Look Rummy Maps Right here under our pitch pot fires! I mean right here burien under the damn fires we could have dug into and burnt them! God saved us from that peril! Look another one as well...

4157.jpg

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Maps ye say! Let me takes a look see - ....... hm, I do believes these maps resemble some I've seen before. Gravely reviews the detail - then shares a might look at the good padre... Now - where exactly did you say you found them? :lol:

Right here in this here buried canvas wrapped round box right under the very fires we dug pits for yesterday. 5 in total Rummy! Petee they are three Spanish Maps one I thinks is French and one is English they are in quite details showin shallows and harbors and inlets of deciet and ambush fer certs. The forts and shipping ports and ones with the Sapnish shipping lanes as well. The Captain is going to be one happy man he is. Lets roll and get them out of this sun!

Petee I fergots yer under the good Surgeons care ye best stay too. No more runnins for ye. I am going to put these in your charge and must gets back to coating the upper boards lines. Take it easy and keep a weathered eyes on em till the Captain and the Quartermaster is in return.

*Starts ta head back to the hammock by the palm trees.*

I'll follows ye ifin ye still 'ave that second pipe ready! Aye well done Master Gunner Wells done indeed. Takes the pipe from offerin hand and turns and picks up the longest stick in the pitch pot fire to re lites it! Puff.... Puff.... Surrounded in windless smoke me eyes close someswhat in the haze... Grammercy good man grammercy puff....

It appeared that things had calmed outside, the acrid smell of spent powder no longer hung the air. Curiosity had urged the Surgeon from the temporary lodgings into the brightness outdoors. A strong onshore breeze had whipped up since her earlier time on the ramparts and the demise of the fine bone China cup. Sniffing the air with appreciation of flora ladden quailities, she stepped from the secure walls to the powder sand beyond.

The scene in view looked much the same from the early morning, although a mental note was made of the change of angle that the ship currently rested at. Here and there, scattered about the line of palm shade, various crew members could viewed in subtle states of repose. A hushed brush of disturbance sounded from behind and with a quick rear glance over shoulder, she noted Armand's catlike movement to stand at her side...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

::the tackle from shore, now eased, the 'Watch Dog' now waits for the incoming tide to lift her off the bottom, whence the ready crew will spin her about, so she may settle in the same locale to be turned on her side again::

A fyne thing, this..... once we be done wi' the hull, we's 'bout ready fer weighin' out.... that is, once we reload alla th' stores n' truck...

::scans the horizon, out to sea, around to shore, where he sees the surgeon standing upon the sandy beach... a smile crosses his face::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

(oops)

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Stepping further from the late afternoon shadow cast from the high walls behind, the heat of the the sands below raise in temperature to near discomfort. Quickening pace, the Surgeon nimbly pads to the relief of wet touched sands ringing the shoreline. A quick flash of silver races with the recede of water's course, a small school of tiny fish running with liquid retreat. Gleening the expanse of palms to the right, the decerning vision stops to focus upon a brief haze rising from clay pipe. In comfortable sprawl, the near distant figure of the Master Gunner is centered on. The instructions given echo through her thoughts, one in particular stands forward..."No intake of tobacco until otherwise advised..."*

Bloody hell...

*She starts to move toward where the Master Gunner sways in the strung hammock, then decides against it and calls through cupped hands...*

Mister Petee! You are here by released from my care. I shall make no further effort, nor have my reputation smeared as a physician by the after effect of improper heeding of my instruction. I shall inform the Captain of your release, do as you wish.

*Abruptly turning on heel, she returns to the fortitude. Armand shakes his head as the relay of announcement reaches his hearing. Standing back as she passes, the Frenchman shrugs his shoulders with a shake of head then follows in her wake.*