Pyrates of the West Coast

Quartermaster (still trying to see through me brings em near what touched off the birds) There is a small launch in the channel and its appearin to be one sailor aboard headin this way.

Mayhaps, wi' th' cap'n permission, ye gets yerse'f ta shore, tell th' master gunner ta load all cannons an' bear on th' incomin' ship... await me signal weather it be friend 'r foe....

(pickin backs up me glass and brings im in near) Quartermaster I sees its a friend I might be mistaken but I have yet to miss an ident. It be Ciaran and he be alone hes rowin up into the lagoon just now look ye can sees him as well, thaere turnin the corner past the cocunut grove!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ciaran rows his small craft toward the larger vessel known as The Watch Dog. As he reaches hailin' distance, he stands, level, calm, and raises a flag of white)

Ahoy! Good Captain William!

I be Ciaran and have heard of yer magnificent ship and crew. Yer name as a strong, brave and just Captain sits well with me spirit and I wish to offer me services to ye as a Lookout. I vow to be a true and able seaman and would lay down me own life fer ye and the crew.

(Ciaran awaits reply)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

(Ciaran rows his small craft toward the larger vessel known as The Watch Dog.  As he reaches hailin' distance, he stands, level, calm, and raises a flag of white)

Ahoy!  Good Captain William!

I be Ciaran and have heard of yer magnificent ship and crew.  Yer name as a strong, brave and just Captain sits well with me spirit and I wish to offer me services to ye as a Lookout.  I vow to be a true and able seaman and would lay down me own life fer ye and the crew.

(Ciaran awaits reply)

Aye Ciaran goods ta see ya! I'd say welcomes aboard but the caps right here. uno momento por favor!

Why don't ye row raound ta'other side and beach upon the sand bar there! (I turn and points to the spot of mention)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Diego, me heartie. Grammercy.

(Ciaran begins to row the small craft toward the small spit of sand)

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Diego, me heartie. Grammercy.

(Ciaran begins to row the small craft toward the small spit of sand)

Ciaran no come around to this side the bar is much larger over here and yer launch will be out of the way when we flip

(Ciaran waves acknowledgement to Diego's instructions and rows over to the larger sandbar)

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*once breakfast is taken care of, she gathers up all dirty clothing from the crew and heads down by the water. Wearing a light weight skirt and a sleeve-less blouse, it still is slightly warm out today.*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

(Using a rope a dangle I slides down the deck to the sand side and jump off onto the sand) Aye mercenary wench (throws a big hug upon her) what is yer name going ta be fer our purpose? Ya knows Ciaran thar don't ye? Ciaran ye knows Mercenary sure I knows ye does wev'e eatin tagethers at the Kate what am I thinkin? So I'd half ta say the Captain is upon yonder log with his constitution involved and should be on the right back shortly but I cant tells ya ta stores yer bags but yer weoapons will need ta be checked in with either the good captain or Dorian up thar he be the Quartermaster and in the master at arams absence they be splittin the duties (BLAM) I nearly load me breeches! Fergot about that gun firin in all this excitement sorry bout that. That o'er thar that be Petee, Master Gunner Petee (I points they looks Petee nods with a huge smile under his pipe) cumon lets gets yer weapons counted and inventoried.

(Ciaran smiles at Mercenery and follows Diego; Ciaran presents the following weapons:)

1 rapier

1 cutlass

2 small daggers

1 blunderbuss (passed down to him by his grandfather)

2 pistols

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

*smiles at diego's hug* Good to see ye mate! As fer what to call me - I answer to 'Oy you!' 'Merc' 'Lass' or just plain old 'Tudor'

Yes, best go see the quartermaster - it might take a while to check all me blades.

*heads towards the direction that Dorian is said to be, smiling and nodding at Master Gunner Petee* Mornin'! :lol:

*smiles at diego's hug* Good to see ye mate! As fer what to call me - I answer to 'Oy you!' 'Merc' 'Lass' or just plain old 'Tudor'

Yes, best go see the quartermaster - it might take a while to check all me blades.

*heads towards the direction that Dorian is said to be, smiling and nodding at Master Gunner Petee* Mornin'! :lol:

I leave the chioce in the Captains favor (though I do have two with most ernest interest) What weapons is it ye carry then Merc? Ciaran I'll get you a reciept written. And crew on fer now with the lot of em that'll be workin on the ropes n pullys in the trees so when we flip her yas can help her ease onto her new side instead of haulin over and mayhaps breakin a mast! Merc ye can work with Rummy, Swan and meself on the caulkin of the hull ifin ye will? Now what weapons ya got? (As cairan makes his leave I turns and follows merc towards the ship then remebers ta go back and get Ciarans weapons and goes back gathers then and walks them over to the fort)

Adding Ciarans weapons to the armory I turns and Merc's right there ahind me Startled I takes out a lead stick and writes a nice concise inventory of the charged items and fold it purses ciarans and hands marcs to her as well. then returns to Rummys tent. Leanin in the agape flaps. " Hey I say its time to make haste we gots works ta do! Daylights burnin." Merc and I gathers up twigs and drifts wood we find out on the sea side (that of which is above the high tide line) and brings both arms full back to set the fires a start to heat the pitch pots and torches.

(William returns from his private discussion of the Watch Dog and hails the newly arrived guests.)

Good morning, Miss Tudor and Mister Ciaran. Welcome aboard. Please, Monsignor, let them maintain their arms and weapons until such a time as either I or Mister Lasseter can put them into storage. With the ship on this pitch it is impossible to take them now.

Now, if you are willing to begin service at once, see to the various officers in charge if the caulking and we will discuss your services this evening.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

(William returns from his private discussion of the Watch Dog and hails the newly arrived guests.)

Good morning, Miss Tudor and Mister Ciaran.  Welcome aboard.  Please, Monsignor, let them maintain their arms and weapons until such a time as either I or Mister Lasseter can put them into storage.  With the ship on this pitch it is impossible to take them now. 

Now, if you are willing to begin service at once, see to the various officers in charge if the caulking and we will discuss your services this evening.

Aye Aye Captian! Mr. Cairan is in the trees upon the ropes with casting crew and I have sent Ms. Tudor into town to hail two more barrels of tar, four of ale, two af meade one of water and three box of nail and sent Mr. Pete Straw and Mr P E W in assist with the oars. They should be back afore first sup.

The pitch pots are heating and I will be there at the fires, cutting hemp and jute for the oakum mixtures needed for the caulking. When should the heave take place?

Master gunner are ye carryin a second pipe? I could use with a smoke all this hempen and me fingers are light knuckled they be.

*Once finished with his pipe, he compacts his spy glass and sits down on top of the cannon stradling it and pulls out his pistol and begins to inspect it, once staisfied, he puts it back in his belt and does the same to the other. Once finished with his pistols he draws his cutlass and a wet stone and begins to sharpen it.*

Petee-2.jpg

The morning's passage had left the Surgeon restless, causing a stirring in her soul of aggitation while she paced the tower's lower floor. Her Steward watched in silence from the table off to the right, one are casually draped over the wooden back. Ridgid step, to an fro as if determined to make a path of indention in the cobbles that floored the circular lay of walls.

"It is that feeling of confinement...?" He offered.

A hesitation in pace signified the statement. Her center of vision turned to take in his relaxed stance, the pacing disrupted.

"Oui...I would have to give you credit for keen observation."

"I thought as much...But, reconsider that this calm means that things are well, oui?"

The Surgeon's brow furrowed then smoothed.

"And to that, I would be a fool to confess boredom..."

Unstopping the bottle of porter that lay on the table's surface, Armand filled the emptiness of crystal and held the goblet extended in offer. A hint of smile played over her expression as she stepped to receive the fine line of vessel.

"Merci...Perhaps some fresh air would do the trick, a stroll to eliviate my wander lust...What I would give for a mount and short round of steel and ball practice. Surly such a distraction would ease my ill...."

Palming an apple taken from a bowl nearby, the Frenchman glances sideways secretivly before casting it to the air. The rotation is knocked off course with the swift cleave of duhb. Armand chuckles as the red fruit drops to roll on the floor to the left.

"I see you have not lost your touch, mademoiselle...."

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

::as the day lengthens, the side of the ship exposed to the breeze is finished, a weary crew observes it's friution of labors::

Aye! a fine job well done!!!

fend off so's we c'n right th' ol' girl, an' fix ta turn 'er about an' work t'other side!

:: cups hands around mouth ::

Ahoy lads ashore!! slowly loose th' tackle and let th' ship settle!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

*after sharpening his cutlass, stands up and walks down to the shore, looking at pieces of drift wood, he picks one up and then throws it down, after doing this a couple of times, he finds one that satisfies him, he walks over to the two palms where his hammock is tied up and hangs the piece of drift wood to one of the palms. Walking back about twenty paces he pulls both pistols from his belt, and raises one,* BOOM * and then the other* BOOM * he holsters his weapons and goes to inspect the piece of drift wood.*

Petee-2.jpg