Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After obtaining what was thought a proper amount of provisional stores, the Surgeon instructed the three hands as to their handling to the fortitude. Stepping from the procured barge's bow to the soft white sands holding it in place, she noted the placement of the sun above trying to get an approximate time of day before continuing on to the open maw of entrance. With a call of at ease to the men following in the shade of the high walls, she wandered into to the courtyard beyond the tall oaken doors. With a tilt of head, she tried to pinpoint the origin of voices drifting within the wide expanse. Walking to the center and turning slowly to take note of the detail in architecture and construction of the inner panorama, a single word came to mind... Imposing, very imposing, indeed.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Quartermaster! I am seeing that this side of the Ship is taking longer than we ever thought. Since the crew is complete with the heating, scraping and cleaning if they could be reassigned to caulking and as they finish that up the hull then Rummy and I would again return to the hull's centerline and begin to apply the bottomcoat with the colored tar. We should be done to the waterline by second sup.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Jonathan goes on board and heads to the storage area to drop off the throwing knives and caltrops he forged after completing the hinges for the fort. He places them in the chest and leans the shovels against the wall. Leaving the area, he heads to a bath, grab some food and then to his room to rest since there is nothing else at this time and it is late.. It has been a long day.

Shoots anything that moves!!

(William walks the night beach and takes note of a the few lights still burning aboard the Watch Dog. Then he turns back to the fort after pondering long on the subject of positions yet to be filled and tasks to be completed. He passes a dutiful watchman at the fortress gate with a passing nod and slips into the silent yard of the fortress.

He smiles at the finishing touches left by Mister Hawks. Thoughts of smithing carry him to the newly completed forge. It's been a lifetime since he picked up the tongs and hammer. He takes out the knife that Big Mike made him so long ago and remembers the cold nights when the forge was almost not enough to keep them warm as they worked to make steel into knives and spearheads.

He turns a corner of the tower to find a man half asleep at his watch. Still in too good of a mood at the days accomplishments, he relieves the man of his post without too much scolding. The sailor scurries off in embarrassment and with not a little enthusiasm at the thought of sleep as William remains, shouldering the musket under a sky pocked with stars.)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

*cleans up after dinner and then goes to change into more comfy attire. Slips into a white sleeve-less night gown and heads for her hammock. Lays down with a sigh, a warm breeze blows gently thru her blonde locks. She gentle rocks the hammock slightly, which helps her fall asleep in no time.....*

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Gods I hate Gulls! Waking with a full bodied stretch and a yawn comencerate with one of a large chimpanzee's. I dress (man am I stiff all over) thinkin to meself (I really over dids it yesterdays I did and now with the memory of too much done and two times that to go I undress and lays back down)

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Not one for sleep, Johnson heads up from the fo'c's'le and onto the deck. He gently rubs the morning wake from his eyes as he takes a deep breath of salty air. Visually drinking in the magesty of the Watch Dog, Johnson automatically began checking the mizzen shrouds as he walked the length of the deck. He was hoping that Master Gunner Petee would return to the Dog, having bested his head injury. Johnson still had much to learn concerning the murder guns, and his eagerness hadn't wavered an ounce.

:: Waking in strange surroundings, he slowly starts to draw his knife.. then remembering that he is on shore, in the fortification, eases it back into its sheath... rising, he looks about, gathers up his belongings and heads out... finding his way to the shore line he finds the dingy that brought him in past dark, shoving it into the water, he takes up the oars, and pulls his way out to the tilted ship, out and around, inspecting the progress made..::

Ah... looks a fine job... this side'll be finished shortly, then on t' th' other....

:: rows back to shore, beaches the dingy, wanders about to find the Captian ::

AYe, Cap'n.... shell we get th' Lads n' Laseys up an' back ta work?

Say, a half load o' powder in a swivel?

I'll be aboard, makin' sure all went well in th' night...

::Knuckles forehead, heads back to shore::

:: hooks onto the bow chains, climbs the side of the ship, heads to the quarterdeck, finding the tilted deck to be a mild challange as he loads one of the swivels and awaits the signal from the Captian ashore::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

In a start I awakens from me dream return and sits up! Jumping up I dress quietly and quickly. Making me ways out of the forts gate I am relaxed so as to see Cut Throat Johnson on the main deck personally attending to a finer love of the ship than I evers seen afore. I walk topwards the leaning ship and I nod as he turns to acknowledge me presence below on the sand. So I says up to 'im "Johnson top o the day" "I guess its almost time to get back into the grind of flippin this beauty over and workin her larboard side to the ups." Look (So I points to the swivel gun) o'er thar the Quartermaster is loadin one o yer guns!

" Mornin' Mr. Diego, sir. A good kareenin says ye' ? Right an' proper sir !...Aye sir, seems that Mr. Lasseter be ready with the matey's call to wake. Har, har, har. Me only regret be that he loaded it so fast, I didn't get to study his technique ".

" Mornin' Mr. Diego, sir. A good kareenin says ye' ? Right an' proper sir !...Aye sir, seems that Mr. Lasseter be ready with the matey's call to wake. Har, har, har. Me only regret be that he loaded it so fast, I didn't get to study his technique ".

Johnson, 'tis a thought of mine that in me sleep I dreampt of puttin together a pre compacted load of entirety ball shot wad powder and all. Sort of all in one sock! one pick up, one load, one stuff and prompt and fire! Must expolre this in details we must. Just could be a certain advantage in a close dog fight with a much larger ship eh?

Top o the day Quartermaster! You are going to fire that as a wake up call? I should liken to see the faces of the crews arrivals into me sight if they be as tired and stiff as me! ha ha ha ha ha

*Rising early to the serenade of sea birds questing morning meal, the Surgeon groggily viewed the darkened suround of temorary lodgings. A sudden desire for morning ritual made itself known and glancing to the placid expression of her Sterward asleep by the far wall, decided to manage the craving herself.

Having changed into fresh linen and coffee secured, she paced the rough stairs upward to reach the ramparts. Unadorned feet feeling the subtle variences of cool surface that lead to the far view offered above, she smiled with mild delight in acknowledgement of skillfull gull swoop and dive. Leaning into the wall, vision scanning the sands below and sighting Sandpiper's quick aft bob balanced by minute legs speeding the shoreline in a game of tag between water's advance and retreat.

In the near distance, a sevice boat bumped gently against the Galleon's hull in consideration of wanting release. Raising the delicate china to intake of deep brown paradise, the Surgeon closed her eyes in appreciation to such decadence. The moment short lived, cut off by the sudden roar across the water as one of the gun's let the world witness its existance. With a jump of startled manner, the delicate cup was released from hold, droping to bounce the wall's edge before plunging to the sand below in ruptured bearing.

Regaining composure with irritation, the pinched expression looked upon the waste of broken corpse. Emitting a heavy sigh and shake of head she returned the path she had taken to obtain one of the departed's brethren, whispering,*

Damn the luck...

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*hearing the blast from the cannon, petee sits up quikly causing his hammock to flip over, dumping him onto the sandy beach. Laying there for a few seconds to look around and get adjusted to the morning sunlight and his surroundings , he slowly stands up and brushes off the sand.*

Petee-2.jpg

clinmbing up onto the deck from the down side of the ship was me first brilliant idea this morning but whos making coffee I smells it and am more than readies fer it too! so I climbs me way up to the main mast ans up to the up railing and looks down upon the quarter yet needin finishin. Quartermaster Dorian! I ne willin ta get started right away (then interupted by the sound of the trees erupting into flight) I looks out into the channel scouring the reasons of what made the birds worry? I reach for my always with me bring em near and pulls it opens I does and looks into the bushes expecting to see the Royal Navy on shore workin in close behind the cover of the foilage but nay not nothin in me sights. Dorian Who's standing lookout?

William asks Mister Youngblood to 'please touch off the 12 pounder to rouse all who might still be a-bed.'

(William walks briskly down to the shoreline and has two sailors row him out to the Watch Dog.)

Fire off the swivel again, Mister Lasseter, and once the tasks of the day are set in motion I should like to speak to you on several subjects as touching the ship and her crew.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

*a lone figure, chin length coppery curls, clad in a red petticoat, a seamans shirt, and sword belt swaggers down the shoreline, in an odd combination of masculine and feminine*

"I'm looking for the Captain - i'm looking for employ, y'see. Been told I'd make a right good cabin, erm, 'boy'. Can't say that I've ever done much work aboard a ship, but there's nothing I can't learn. I do have plenty experience though." *smiles impishly*

**Boom....**

AYE, AYE!!!

:: dowses, slowmatch, half slides, half walks across deck to where the captian stands ::

Aye cap'n, right fine morn....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*hearing the commands of the captain, petee turns around and swim back to shore. He then walks up to the two palm trees where his hammock is tied and puts on his boots, shirt, waistcoat, bandana and hat. Then picks up his sash, belt and baldrick, and makes his way to the cannon position with the 22 pounder.*

Petee-2.jpg

Quartermaster (still trying to see through me brings em near what touched off the birds) There is a small launch in the channel and its appearin to be one sailor aboard headin this way. And I recognize that voice! (sets down me glass and sees mercenary wench below) good mornings lass and what brings you out here today?

*opens the artillery bucket and pulls out the charge and wading and rams them. Using the vent prick, he pricks the charge and primes the touch hole. He then runs out the gun and goes and picks up the linstock and lights the slow match and lowers it to the touch hole*

KAAAAAAABOOOOOOM!!!!!

Petee-2.jpg

Quartermaster (still trying to see through me brings em near what touched off the birds) There is a small launch in the channel and its appearin to be one sailor aboard headin this way.

Mayhaps, wi' th' cap'n permission, ye gets yerse'f ta shore, tell th' master gunner ta load all cannons an' bear on th' incomin' ship... await me signal weather it be friend 'r foe....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif