Pyrates of the West Coast

*Returning the Quartermaster's smile...*

Mister Lasseter. I see that your hands are rather full of present obligation. I am in need of your authority to repair ashore...

*Brushes dried sand from britches leg distractedly*

Aye, Lass...

I feel th' crew 'r well in 'and... gonna be several hours afore this side'll be done...

There be somethin' amiss?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing of consequence outside of the fact that I was informed to stay near instead of taking rooms in town. Which mind you, is of no issue to me for it is my duty. I was informed arrange what was needed within the fortitude's confine in case a need arose in injuries. Fine and well, though I have yet to set foot in yon structure and therfore have no concept of where this is to occure and all this heaving and hoeing has already begun. You can understand my angst.

*Frustration fleets across her features as she locks the Quartermaster's eyes with her own*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Ah Lass....

Not t' worry... all this goin's on will on'y last not more then two days...

So's fer ye ta set up a temp'rary ward in th' fortification should be well enough....

As fer lodgings... th' open sky and sandy beach..... a hammock... wot more c'n ye ask?

*grin*

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

*after thorough inspection of the cannon positions, fully satisfied. He walks up and down the beach looking for a place to tie up his hammock. He stops in front of two palm trees that bent and crossed each other. After tieing up the hammock, he pushes on it, testing its strength, and then slowly lays down, and tilts his tricorn over his head.

Petee-2.jpg

* She looks away to the fortification noticing the Master Gunner walking the area with her Steward in tow, then back to Mister Lasseter*

Very well then...I will put all in order and leave this barky before I topple over from its deepening angle...A hammock under the heavens, you say...Mayhaps that would be pleasant...As long as a watch is posted against any ruffs.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye...

I believe th' fortification is well garrisoned this day......

::sees the master gunner taking his ease::

Hmmm... I prey 'e's got th' gun crews well in hand whilst 'e slumbers...

And, comp'ny c'n always be got, iffn' it makes ye feel secure fer the night hours....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

. (i cups me hands and yells to the Quartermaster) Sir! The pitch is almost to temperature. I will begin prepairing the oakum!

Aye, Diego!

Turn yer sights on th' Master Carpenter!!!! She be in charge o' th' reperations!!!

::clasps hands behind back, wobbles as he adjusts his balance, grins::

A fine, fine day...

It be ther charge as she is actually doin the stirrin and addin in the hemp. I see the torches are speadily actin ta release the barnicles and the crustaeceons from the hull too we have prepared 3 pots ta coat on the hull after the caulking is done. Is thar a water barrel in the near?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Aye...

I believe th' fortification is well garrisoned this day......

::sees the master gunner taking his ease::

Hmmm... I prey 'e's got th' gun crews well in hand whilst 'e slumbers...

And, comp'ny c'n always be got, iffn' it makes ye feel secure fer the night hours....

That is good to hear, then.

*Follows the Quartermaster's line of sight to the repose of Mister Petee*

I am quite sure the Captain has made proper arrangements in the wake of the Master Gunner's recouperation...

*Glances sidelong to Mister Lasseter*

I assure you, I have no worries of my self well being. I sleep light and have a tendency to always be armed. There is also Armand who tends to sleep lighter than I do. I am sure that the time ashore in the evening hours shall be quite festive without all the wooden confinement aboard ship. It will more than likely be the last of such liberty for some time for the crew as a whole. Being that I am not privy to plans as far as the Captain is concerned, I can only assume that once we leave this area it will not be a short venture.

Captain the crew is most diligent with the work and I am beginning the caulkin on the bottom lines, Would it not seem needed be that ifin we accompish all that is under her waterline we can suspend over the rail and finish to the top whence we get back in the right? (turns head to the crew) someone drop me a mallet. Ok Ok not all at once. toss it to me left hand, grammercy!

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Very well, then....

:: scans the ship, the crew at work, the shore, and the open sea...::

Soon... soon me lads, n' Lasseys... we make sail for th' unknown...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Thank you for your advice in these matters, Dorian. I do truly appreciate your thoughts.

*Steps back a pace then pauses in thought*

Perhaps you would be so kind as to show me the finer points of yon structure before the sun is lost this day. Things of such nature are rather forieng to me though it does hold a certain fascination. When time is permitting, of course...

Hmmmmmm.........

Mayhaps we shall 'ave a lookee at th' fortification...

Cap'n Willaim was actually th' creator of said construct...

I 'ave yet ta leave th' ship....

At your leasure......

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

(William extends his thanks at the accomplishment of each task and listens carefully to each and every request placed before him. Then he addresses each crew member in turn.)

Good, Doctor. Please take three able seaman from amongst the crew and move what you need to the fort. The room at the base of the tower is sufficient for both kitchen and surgery, having the two largest rooms of the fort. You are welcome to house yourself and Armand in the room furthest from the cook fires and you will find fresh water housed at the rear of the tower. There are bunks enough for the two of you unless we should have wounded sooner than expected. I pray you have no patients from accidents ashore or from the repairs.

(turning to Mister Lasseter.)

I leave the preparations, as they are, in your capable hands, sir. Please extend my compliments to Mister Badger.

(addressing the Monsignor)

I believe you and the carpenter are free to decide the best course of action as regards the caulking. Thank you for stepping in and steading the momentum of our work. I shall go ashore and walk the ramparts of the fort. I am anxious to see the blacksmith's work.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

As you wish. I shall go below to obtain my dunnage...

*Looks to the tilt of the decks...*

Perhaps sideway is more the word rather than below, per say. If you are sure that it is of no issue to the workings here, I shall enjoy your company and knowledge in such matters. I realize the Captain is the master mind of said fortification, but I fear his responsibilities have grown in burden since that time....

*Pauses hearing the approach of footstep and turns to give attention to William...*

Thank you, sir...I am sure that the tower will due nicely and echo your thoughts in regard to possibilities of guests. I shall make ready then, sir.

You will excuse me...

*Turning to the Quartermaster with a lowered voice*

Another time...Mayhaps later this eve.

*Slowly rises out of the hammock, yawns and extends his arms, stretching. Looks around at all the work being done on the beach in the cove. Stands up and walks to a cannon enplacement next to the entrance of the fortification. Starts inspecting the artillery bucket and its contents, then starts looking down the chace of the cannon, as if to check its aim.*

Petee-2.jpg

(turning to Mister Lasseter.)

I leave the preparations, as they are, in your capable hands, sir.  Please extend my compliments to Mister Badger.

::knuckles forehead::

Aye, aye, Cap'n....

::clasps hands behind back, stands stiffly waits for the captian to take his leave::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*With a quick nod to Mister Lasseter, she scans the shoreline for the Master Gunner's where abouts and spotting him sees that her Steward is still keeping dilligent watch from the shadow thrown from the turret. Glancing to the Quartermaster*

As you wish...I have a wonderful bottle of rare porter in my stores that I shall pack ashore. When you are free, I should be very intrested in walking the ramparts. Such a lofty elevation, I should think the view a true inspiration...

*She turns away and carefully navigates the deck's tilt to the steps leading downward*

Oh an Capn, I still ave all me arms from when I went ashore an got this here knot on me noggin, since I dont know who arm master o arms be, I didn't turn um in when the ships surgeon attended ta me wounds, was wonderin at this moment since we be ashore an all if I could hang on to um, at least just while I take this watch?

Petee-2.jpg

Aye sir, they appear to be spot on. Just itchin ta make something go boom sir, if ya know what I mean. Figured since the surgeon won't let do any o the work on the ship, I could double check the status on these here guns, and keep a watch on the fortifications.

If the good Doctor has no objections, I would gladly have you see to the cannons. You may do no work, but I will give you leave to take three able seaman from the ranks for the purpose of testing each cannon. Put the three men on watch here at the fort and we shall fire the canno mid-day tomorrow.

Oh an Capn, I still ave all me arms from when I went ashore an got this here knot on me noggin, since I dont know who arm master o arms be, I didn't turn um in when the ships surgeon attended ta me wounds, was wonderin at this moment since we be ashore an all if I could hang on to um, at least just while I take this watch?

I see no harm in this, Mister Youngblood. The position of Master-at-Arms has not been filled, so the keeping of the roster is in the hands of either myself or Mister Lasseter. When you return to the Watch Dog you may give the arms to me or to him.

Also, Mister Youngblood. We have a man in our midst who cast his vote with you when the position of Captain came into question... A Mister Johnson. A most capable man.

He is swift to respond to orders and sees to tasks that need to be accomplished without being asked.

He has shown great interest in the three quarter murder guns at the stern and has already proven that he has some understanding of their maintenance. When occasion permits, please instruct Mister Johnson in the loading and firing of the swivel guns. I believe he will prove to be superior to all others aboard, with the exception to yourself of course, when it comes to clearing the decks when the need arises.