Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*feeling a sudden stop of the gentile rocking motion, Petee slowly opens one eye and looks around, sits up and streches. Ruubing his head, he notices that he is almost fully healed. With another stretch and yawn he slowly gets out of his hamock and goes above deck.*

*Recognizing the form of the Master Gunner climbing up the companion way ladder, Armand quickly rids himself of the tray bearing Mister Petee's morning meal and follows swiftly up to the Main Deck.

Spotting his quary, the Steward approaches looking rather cross..*

Monsieur! Non!...You have not been...*Puzzles for the word*...cleared to be on your own libre arbitre...Zuk! Merde!....Your own free will. Please, let me help you to a...sitting down.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Armand takes the Master Gunner's arm gently to guide him away from the scurrying about deck to a sea chest out of harms way.*

Please, monsieur...You will sit?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Beached! :lol: I've made ready the inventories of Pitch, pitch pots, brushes caulking, rasps and iron scrapers. Seems we're all a bit anxious ta gets this job a goin'. Looks around and sees that Jonathan Hawks looks ta be ready ta work his magic on our ship. Seems that we are all a hard working team. :lol: Now - backs to me morale duties. Me thinks some of our crew has been feelin' a bit neglected. Prehaps I shall start at the lunch table - Monsignior - how about a bit of inspiration for me mates :) :lol:

*Having made note of the galleon's run aground, Tempest raises from the comfort of the palm's support to trek across the beach and back into the shallows. Observing a rope ladder over the side, she takes hold of the rungs and climbs upward to the stairs built into the Gunwale then transfers her weight and grasp to gain the final progress to the Main Deck.

Bare feet touching the deck's years of wear, she observes her Steward and the Master Gunner near the far rail and moves to their proximity, carefully dodging the flurry of activity she takes in the distress on Armand's features.*

Good morn to you, Mister Petee! I see you are up and about to see what the day has to offer. How are you feeling?

Aye Good mornin Rummy let me give you a hand with all of that! How was yer night? (without waitin fer a respnose ) I will bless this day of sunshine and work! (bowing me head in silent prayer) .... thank you lord as we turn this aging ship into its former young and speedy need. Watch over the crew as they work wonders in harms way. Give them strength and the safety you so willfully share. Amen

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*A glimpse of skeptisism fleets through the Surgeon's eyes at the note of a smallish hint of spirits in the air. *

Good, sir...Good to hear. You will do me the favor of resting here until I can gain information in regard to our accomodation ashore at yon fortitude...

*Leaning close to trap the Master Gunner's eyes with her own, she emits a hiss of whisper...*

No consumption of distilled spirits, Mister Petee..

*Standing erect...*

Are we clear, sir?

Upon dropping the first load of Rummys tools upon pully to the ground. I turns and sees that many of the crew on the beach already unpacking and passing out the iron and scraping bars. The teamwork of which to begins scraping the hull the likes of which I never seen afore. I lowers the second and make my descent to begins the pot fires.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

*The Surgeon nods in aknowledgement that her point has been received and gaining her Steward's attention, relays her instruction for the time being before returning her focus to the Master Gunner*

You will excuse me, Mister Petee, while I query the proper athorities involving our move to shore. I suggest that you take this opportunity to gain substanence for it may be some time before edibles may be obtained. Armand will attend to your wants and needs. Remember well what we have discussed, sir. It would not be wise to go against my instruction twice...

*Stepping away and around the organized chaos on deck, she searches the parmeter to find someone to answer questions that have come to bare...*

Might I offer up me fine ability and start the fires for the pitch pots? What say how bouts on yonder beach outa the wind on the post morn change?

Thank you, Monsignor. That would speed us along well.

(Turns to Master Lasseter)

Free up all the fresh water stores to the workers today and we'll put together a bucket brigade tomorrow and bring fresh stores from the river behind the fort.

(Walks over to Tempest)

Doctor, you have the run of the workers today. You may interrupt any woman or man at their duty to apply what ointment and liniments as they may need if it does not hinder them too much from their labor.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

(Turns to Master Lasseter)

Free up all the fresh water stores to the workers today and we'll put together a bucket brigade tomorrow and bring fresh stores from the river behind the fort.

::knuckles forehead::

Aye, aye, Cap'n!

::rouses several crewmembers to take one of the ships boats back to the pier where all the ships supplies stand under guard, with his orders to bring all water casks to the cove::

** As the tide turns, more of the hull shows itself.... covered with barnacles, seeweed and the like**

A'right Lads!!! Seein' as th' blocks n' tackles be lashed ta shore, haul away I says!!! put th' ol' girl on 'er side!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

(Walks over to Tempest)

Doctor, you have the run of the workers today.  You may interrupt any woman or man at their duty to apply what ointment and liniments as they may need if it does not hinder them too much from their labor.

Very well, sir...

*Steping quickly to the side to avoid collision*

But...I must borrow your ear for a moment in regard to accomodations on shore. I understand that I am to retire to the fortitude, but there are things in need of transfer from here to there and Mister Petee is not by my opinions, ready to exhert himself under un-nesecesary means. You do understand the situation I am currently in...This state of limbo amidst the chaos present?

::as the ship tilts to the side, the QM stands at the rail opposite the shore, as the angle increases, he leans ferther away, over the side, watching how much of the encrusted bottom shows, until....::

'Vast heavin'!!!!! Tha' be far 'nough!!!

Fine work Bo'sun.... fine indeed lads...

Rigt then... ta th' boats! Master Carpenter, Lass!!! These lads be yourn ta commence repairs below th' waterline!

When ye be finished and th' tide refloats us, we'll turn 'er about an' make ready fer th' other side...

::standing on the tilted deck, he then makes his way to the captian::

Aye, Cap'n... careenin' should be finished by th' morrow...

'ave ye anything particular ta be done?

::smiles at the surgeon::

Ms. Fitzgerald....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

tis a lovely thing watching her roll to port. There is something beautiful about the entirety of a ship as exposed without water hiding the majestry of the hulls design. I mean jes figurin the weight of the ship itself is even too high for my fingers to count but to be able to put ten times that weight within the hold and crew and all and still have it be able to float is a wonder of science it is. (i cups me hands and yells to the Quartermaster) Sir! The pitch is almost to temperature. I will begin prepairing the oakum!

(turning me attentions back to the fire) Iyells out to the ground crew I have a few torches fer yer needs. Sits upon downed palm offering the wind protection to keep the fires hot. and begins chopping hemp and jute into a pile.

. (i cups me hands and yells to the Quartermaster) Sir! The pitch is almost to temperature. I will begin prepairing the oakum!

Aye, Diego!

Turn yer sights on th' Master Carpenter!!!! She be in charge o' th' reperations!!!

::clasps hands behind back, wobbles as he adjusts his balance, grins::

A fine, fine day...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

::standing on the tilted deck, he then makes his way to the captian::

Aye, Cap'n... careenin' should be finished by th' morrow...

'ave ye anything particular ta be done?

::smiles at the surgeon::

Ms. Fitzgerald....

*Returning the Quartermaster's smile...*

Mister Lasseter. I see that your hands are rather full of present obligation. I am in need of your authority to repair ashore...

*Brushes dried sand from britches leg distractedly*