Pyrates of the West Coast

:: closed mouth smile ::

Ah, very well.... I'll trust ye ta supervise th' lads swayin' up th' cargo n' other truck ta be put on th' pier as we prepare ta careen...

Can ye 'andle tha'?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, off ye go then...

:: clasps hands behind back ::

Hmmm... progress bein' made... I likes it...

Mayhaps by friday we c'n warp 'er o'er ta th' cove....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Master Lasseter.

(tips hat)

I am happy to report that the earthern works for the cannon against the inside walls are complete. The lads have been most industrious and I believe our time will be made easier once we begin moving the cannon. I am also glad to report the acquisition of some 14 wine barrels, past used and of some age, now cleaned and refitted for the purpose of keeping fresh water stores behind the walls.

With your permission, I should like to distribute your offer of extra rations amongst the hard laborers.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:: nods approval to M. William ::

Aye, fer a job well done....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Hmmmm...... now tha' ye mention it... Nay, I 'ave not seen th' likes o' th' blacksmith....

:: takes a few steps over to binnacle cabinet, removes logbook, flips through pages.... ::

He's not been accounted for fer several days.... I 'spect 'e's ashore in a shanty 'r some such.... I fear ye been burdened wi' so much, Iffn' Mister Hand were about I'd 'ave 'im go in search of 'im....

:: ponders a moment ::

Give us th' spades... I'll take 'em inta 'town' an' 'ave 'em attended to....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: heads below to his cabin, cleans up and rearrainges weapons, etc., exchanges his rope sandals for knee length boots, returns topside ::

Where be them spades needin' mended? AH, there...

:: gathers broken spades, heads across the waist to the gangway and onto the pier ::

A'right lads..... kep a sharp eye... I be back soon....

:: turns and heads off ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

*The large thump reverbirated through her quarter's walls causing an unconscious cringe to fleet over sleeping features. There was a brief silence followed by a louder thump which was successful in rousing her eyelids to half mast. Distantly, the sound of ropes creaking under strain could be heard. She opened one eye fully and fumbled for the chronometer hanging with obedience from the hammock's upper ties.

Holding the mechanisim up to squint, the groggy mind read the time offered....*

Jayz...Eight of the clock...

*A softer thump, more creaking...She rolls out of the hammock lethargicly, rubbing sleep swollen features and reaching for the loose calico breeches and shirt. Clothed, the auburn mane placed into check with a leather thong, she opened the door and glanced to the area beyond*

Armand!...Armand!...Qu'est-ce quise passe?!...Merde!

The Steward enters the Ward carrying a tray with her morning ritual coffee pot perched upon its surface. Setting the tray down and handing her a fresh cup...*

Qu'est-ce quise passe?...*He looks upward* They are moving things from the lower hold to the quay, mademoiselle. I assumed you would rise soon and brought your cafe.

Merci. Que Dieu vous benisse, mon ami.

*He smiles with a nod*

*Tucking a volume of text beneath her arm, she gathers the tray to go topside...*

Shall we go and greet the day?

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(passing Armand and Tempest while going to the galley)

Doctor.

(tips hat)

A few weeks back a patron of the Kate paid part of his bill in frankincense as a tip. Seeing no use for it, and since many of my patrons tip handsomely, I thought you might add it to your apothecary for use as an additive to whatever medicine you might deem appropriate.

Good morning to you, Sir!! *Warm smile*

You are looking well and I must say that your work upon shore is coming along very nicely, indeed. *Listens with a slight incline of head*

Very good! So kind of you to bestow such a thing into my keeping and usage. Not a thing overly common to come upon in these areas, lovely aromatic qualities! You shall have to let me return the favor! I have the most wonderous bottle of aged Calvados in my private stores. Consider it yours to toast a special occassion. I shall have it delivered to you directly with warmest regards. *Smiles*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Comin aboard Capin.. Sorry I been away fer a spell. Woke up in a ditch in the outskirts and dona no know how but someon took a few o me things. I be on the watch fer um. If'n ya don't mind I be gettin settled in right fast. Ana need ta be gettin me forge heated up proper. Word about be a few people need some things fixed.

Shoots anything that moves!!

Good morning to you, Sir!! *Warm smile*

You are looking well and I must say that your work upon shore is coming along very nicely, indeed. *Listens with a slight incline of head*

Very good! So kind of you to bestow such a thing into my keeping and usage. Not a thing overly common to come upon in these areas, lovely aromatic qualities! You shall have to let me return the favor! I have the most wonderous bottle of aged Calvados in my private stores. Consider it yours to toast a special occassion. I shall have it delivered to you directly with warmest regards. *Smiles*

No, doctor. Keep the bottle for some toast between us at another time. I will beg of you a single favor, but at a later date. For now, let the matter be forgotten.

(tips hat)

And thank you kindly for the compliments. I shall distribute the rum ration of your praise amongst the workers.

Word about be a few people need some things fixed.

Mister Hawks. Master Lasseter has gone ashore with several implements for mending. However, if you would like to try your hand at something challenging, our cove fortress will need some sizeable hinges and braces for the entrance door. We could also use a pick axe and some heavy iron rings for the cannon works.

Well Red, I donna see them as a big challange ta me. Just the tyme to do em I says. Let me see, I suppose ya needs the hinges first. Ow big ya want em. I can get ta work on em right away. I also ave half dozen large iron rings in that barrel o'r there already made. Yer welcome to um. Now that me forge is hot, I can get down ta work.

Well Red, I donna see them as a big challange ta me. Just the tyme to do em I says. Let me see, I suppose ya needs the hinges first. Ow big ya want em. I can get ta work on em right away. I also ave half dozen large iron rings in that barrel o'r there already made. Yer welcome to um. Now that me forge is hot, I can get down ta work.

Well at a guess I'd say that the hinges should be roughly...hmmm.

To tell you the truth, perhaps you should visit the cove fort first thing in the morning and give me your sound opinions on the matter. For now I'm off to my hammock for a well deserved night of sleep. I shall leave the matter in your capable hands.

Goodnight, Mister Hawks.

Aye... you go rest then. I will work on that pick till a wee bit later in the eve. Then I be gettin some slumberin meself. In the morn I will take me a stroll ta the cove fort and get me some measurements fer the hinges. and straps. I take it the place really needs some attention. I'm thinkin I got me work cut out fer me wit that place.

(William steps upon the quarter deck with a baldric over one shoulder and a coat over the other. He walks to the railing and stretches out all the settled sleep in his bones before audibly popping his neck. Then he fetches up some water from a bucket at the mizzenmast and douses his face and arms in cold water.)

fffffwwwaaaaah! That's a cold good morning.

(Then he waits upon the blacksmith to wake, so that he might show him down to the fort for measurements.)

:: walking up the pier to the gangway holding a long canvas bundle over his shoulder, sees M. William standing on deck ::

Mornin' Master William.... 'ow goes th' day thusly?

'ere be yer spades repair'd proper like...

:: looks up at the sky ::

I fear it may be a scortcher ag'in, be sure ta 'ave plenty o' fresh water at hand...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Good morning, Mister Lasseter.

(tips hat)

Aye. It is going to be a hell and hades afternoon, that is for certain. I cannot express how glad I am that I have the water barrels over to the fort. We'll be dousing the lads to keep the flames off by midafternoon.

(excepts the spades)

Mister Hawks and I are beginning the frameworks and ironworks for the fortress gates and doors today. It should be a right smart little citadel by week's end.

Good morning, Mister Lasseter.

(tips hat)

Aye. It is going to be a hell and hades afternoon, that is for certain. I cannot express how glad I am that I have the water barrels over to the fort. We'll be dousing the lads to keep the flames off by midafternoon.

(excepts the spades)

Mister Hawks and I are beginning the frameworks and ironworks for the fortress gates and doors today. It should be a right smart little citadel by week's end.

Ah, so th' blacksmith 'as appear'd!

Goode, goode... I do believe ye out did yerse'f....

All appears ta be movin along smartly...

Mayhaps on the morrow we' c'n warp 'er o'er, set up th' rig ta bring down' th' yard arms n' top masts... An' iffn' tha' goes quickly, we be careenin' afore long...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

That she has... very fine lines....

::looks at the wheelhouse::

Shinkicker? On'y if ye let her be...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

(examines the wheel and the tiller rigging. shakes head with a pleasing smile)

The Star Chaser was a shincracker of the worst kind. I swore I'd never sail on the like again. We hit a rough sea off the Spanish Coast one afternoon and the tiller was apt to buck the bosun's mate overboard. I took his left on the wheel just as a wave spun the entire workings, wheel, capstan, tiller and all. She kicked me so hard across my knee that I was apt to faint and I went down like a drunkard in a fist fight.

Two weeks on a bad leg. Aye. Two limping weeks.