Pyrates of the West Coast

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: looking at Ms. Swan ::

Ah, hmm.... right, swimmin'...

::looks at Jack, then back at Ms. Swan::

Oh, these two stout lads'll take 'im down ta th' sick bay ta let th' surgeon right 'is wrongs... if possible...

:: ears prick up at the mention of breakfast ::

Ah, Christene... th' mornin' meal would be grande...

:: nods to M. William ::

Rightly so, very well.... All hands ta th' mornin' meal... ye have til th' next turn o' th' glass.... then back ta yer duties!

:: clasps hands behind back, gives a close-lipped grin ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Aye, Ms. Constance...

Ye all has been given permission...

We'll not be breakin' out th' cat fer such a wee offence....

Off ye goes, then....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Aye sir thank ye. ~Swan goes and gets a cup of coffee with the crew and eats very little.~

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

~swan comes topside after drinking her coffee. She's still soaking wet and looks around.~

Master at Arms, Master gunner, do ye be needin' anything? I came up ta dry off and I'm not the lay about type, if ya need me for anythin' let me know

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

:: smiles to himself ::

(Tis goode ta see th' crew workin' well tagether...)

Hmmm.... now where be th' Carpenter n' th' carpenter's mates...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Aye, sir. ~Carries the shovel and follows. her clothes and bare feet leaving little puddles as she walks.~

:: looks at the wet 'footprints' left behind by Ms. Swan.... shakes head ::

Gonna hafta get a lad ta mop th' deck a'ter tha' one...

:: walks across quarterdeck to the binnacle box, opens it and pulls out a logbook ::

Well, lessee where tis ye says ye been...

::flips through book, pausing every so often to read a passage, and continues ::

Hmmm... been from 'ere ta India n' back an' more... Well traveled ol' girl....

::replaces log, notices damage to the compass ::

Ah.... breaks th' heart... I'll need ta replace tha' afore we weigh... we's some tyme...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

ooc: Don't want ya's ta think I fell over board... so I be makin' it known that I'm a headed down for vacation in FLA, in time for hurricane Dennis of course. So figure ole Wil is below deck polishing the weaponary or caulking the seams.

Wil Firethorn …ship’s gunner & scoundrel

wil22.gif

Well, lass. If you need someone to stand about looking irritable, I'm your man. I can scowl down my nose at strangers with distinction.

*Closing her eyes, she considers William's statement, unconciously pinching the bridge of her nose as a headache makes itself known...*

Beg pardon, I o'er heard yer conversation.... Tempest, r' Ms. Fitzgerald... I suspect ye be wonderin' 'bout th' reported death o' th' first mate, Phil... twas a falsification... he be alive n' well... right, he be alive fer sure...

*Squinting at first note of Dorian's voicing, the small brow furrows in reaction to the facts presented. Rolling her eyes skyward...*

Thundering Jayz...

*Armand advances with the requested decanter of red wine and a goblet, stopping midstep he looks quizzically upon noting the off feeling eminating from his mistress...Advancing further, her fills the goblet and hands it to her.*

Merci beaucoupe, Armand...*She downs the goblet in one pull and hands back for a refill to Armand's startled expression. He fills it and hands back*

Gentleman, what we have here is a finite comedy of errors which has done a fine job of ranckling my patience...a fine job indeed...

*She focuses upon Dorian and William's faces in turn before looking into the depth of the goblet....*

There are days in which you get the bear....and days in which the bear turns the tables...*The second goblet is drained as the first was and shaking her head in disbelief, she hands the goblet back to her Steward. With a nod of acknowledgment, she turns to take her leave...*

A fine mix of confusion...You will excuse me, please?

:: the smile fades from his face as one of the crew comes swaying about on the pier, hails M. Diego and trips over a cask, knocking himself out by running into a piling...::

Well.... an tha' be one o' 'r lookouts...

::rubs face with hand::

Mayhaps this day be shapin' up rather interestin'ly...

:: looks to the Surgeon ::

Temp... Ah, Ms. Fitzgerald... I 'spect tha' lad is in need o' yer speciality... If ye would be so kind?

:: points to two Able Seamen ::

You there! Fetch tha' lad offin' th' dock! Take 'im ta th' sick bay! Be quick about it!

*Hearing the ruckus, she hesitates then looks over the side to the docks below and drops her head with a side to side motion. Looking back to Dorian, she points to a general direction below and amits a heavy sigh*

The table's just turned again, I fear....

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Down at the cove...

We'll have this fortification done in no time at all. Aye. However, I do believe we are frightfully short of stones. I'll scout up the beach for rocks of a good size and holler when I need them hauled.

(walks up to the treeline in search of good stones)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

:: watches as the two Able Seamen carry Mad_Jack down below ::

'e keeps tha' up once we be at sea... I'll feed 'im a jack o' sea water ta fix wot ails 'im...

:: looks to Ms. Fitzgerald ::

Lass, no worries... 'e cracked 'is head... no real damage done....

*weak smile*

All will be well soon enough...

:: nods to her as she head below... walks to the mainmast shrouds, climbs up to the fighting top, shades eyes looking in the direction of the cove set for careening.... pulls out spyglass, extends it and peers at the cove ::

Ah.... I see Th' Master 't Arms' makin' goode progress... might be able ta get th' cannon o'er this a'ternoon from th' look o' it....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: climbs back down to deck, goes about the ship checking and inspecting all work in progress ::

Carpenters got a full piece o' work ta do...

Th' crew's been busy wi' paint n' varnish topside...

All lines n' cables be accounted fer...

Plenty o' belayin' pins...

:: walks slowly back to quarterdeck ::

My, tis a fine day.... Ah.. almost fergot about th' compass...

::quickly finds his way below to the armory, pick up a few choice tools and heads back to the quarterdeck ::

This aught ta do th' job...

:: skillfully dresses and removes several screws and bolts, freeing the compass from its cradle ::

Hmmm...... who should I send landside ta get this repaired, 'r should I do it m'self...?

:: contemplates this while pacing the leeside of the quarterdeck ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: watches as the two Able Seamen carry Mad_Jack down below ::

'e keeps tha' up once we be at sea... I'll feed 'im a jack o' sea water ta fix wot ails 'im...

:: looks to Ms. Fitzgerald ::

Lass, no worries... 'e cracked 'is head... no real damage done....

*weak smile*

All will be well soon enough...

*Watches Mad Jack and his bearers traverse the deck, overhearing the Quartermaster's sly of comment and tries to stifle a laugh. Composure regained, she turns her attention to him; though the set of expression is formal, the amusment glinting from her eyes betrays thoughts...*

Dorian..., that is to say...Mister Lasseter, I do thank you for your assistance in this matter.

*Her eyes catch his fleetingly before focusing to the bowsprit*

It is my hope that things come down to a dull roar for sanity's sake. Either way, I do think that this evening dictates the need for loose calico clothing and a bottle of dark cane rum to toast the sunset upon its arrival...God knows I could use a dram now, but duty calls....

*She nods to him then turns to gain the Ward and the suprises at hand...*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Entering the Ward, she glances to Mad Jack and nods dismissal to the two hands...*

Thank you, gentleman...That will be all.

*Gaining Mad Jack's side, she retrieves the smallish spectacles from a coat pocket and begins a gentle, but thorough investigation of the swelling and small laceration gracing his skelp. Backing a pace, she looks over the rounded rims and smiles...*

Well sir...It would seem that you have taken a nasty thump to the cranium, though I have seen far worse. I do not witness any apparent signs of concusion, rather suprising...Although there is a call for sutures...

*She gages his reaction in brief, before continueing...*

I shall put you right as rain and order no excessive labor for the space of four and twenty hour's time to ensure there is no futher repricusion from your tumble....

*Looking to her Steward who waits nearby...*

Un aguille, filament et astringent....non anesthesie, s'il vous plait. Merci, Armand.

:: manages a slight smile despite the throbbing of his head ::

Thank you, Doctor. Glad to hear it's nothing serious. I've been through worse, to be sure. In your able hands, I'm sure I'll be ship shape and Bristol fashion soon enough...

:: catches the look of annoyance creeping into the eyes of the Doctor, and wisely shuts up and lets her continue her ministrations ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?