Pyrates of the West Coast

Sir William get a strangle hold on the mates un listed through P/M's ta get thar weapons in yer charge. Ship shape!

Aye, aye!

Sealegs, I'll be having that list now, post haste. Stow no luggage until you have made a full reckoning of your arms.

(walks down to the Barrels n' Blades to retrieve his pistol and take what arms as need repairing)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*a small sloop aproches the bay and ways anchor. A long boat is slowly lowered into the water. Six sailors row the long boat towards the Watch Dog, at the the bow of the long boat stands a tall lean figure.* Ahoy Watch Dog! * the long boat pulls up next to the peir, all the sailors jump out and start hoisting a huge cannon out of the long boat using the docks crain and pullies , while petee stands on the peir giving direction. When the cannon is lowered on to the peir, the sailors jump back into the long boat and sail away, Petee gives a wave good by. And walks up to the watch dogs main deck*

You know Master Gunner ye never gots acknowledged fer the fine job ye did pon shore findin this fine 13 footer culverin ye gots us fer the bow. NOW! thar be no ship in this or any sea of that which might think they can out run us and as I seas it loaded with (damn son) what's the caliber Petee??? What a 15-17 pounder??? God Bless ye lad well done well done indeed. Have the cook (turns to address the Quartermaster) get into some of the aged scotch tonight and Dorian see to it that he gets as he deserves my share doubled as well as 'is own! (turns to address Petee) does we have near the munitions fer this?

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Aye Padre Diego,

I hadn't th' chance ta praise M. Gunner Petee...

Tis a fyne cannon ye found fer th' 'Dog'....

Twill do nicely... aye...

Pass th' word fer th' Cook!

Yer gonna get a snooker full o' goode scotch, ye will...

Dare I ask where ye procured said cannon?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Sir William get a strangle hold on the mates un listed through P/M's ta get thar weapons in yer charge. Ship shape!

Aye, aye!

Sealegs, I'll be having that list now, post haste. Stow no luggage until you have made a full reckoning of your arms.

(walks down to the Barrels n' Blades to retrieve his pistol and take what arms as need repairing)

William here is my list of weapons on hand.

1 Cutlass

1 Flintlock pistol

1 Baldric

1 Whip

1 Flogger

1 Eating Dagger

2 Boot Daggers well hidden

1 small widows dagger hidden in my bodice

I think that abouot covers everything that I have.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

a:: Looks Sealegs up and down ::

Aye lass... mayhaps tha' c'n 'appen... Cap'n William will 'ave th' final word, I do believe... I's on'y th' Quartermaster...

I's sure he be thinkin' ta 'ave ye make yer mark on th' Articles...

So.... c'n ye handle a musket? Haul on a cable? Swing a cutlass? Man..... aye, man th' guns? 'olystone th' deck? Pump th' bildge? Run th' Ratlines? Heave th' lead?

Aye I can handle a musket and well as swing a cutlass. I can hold my own in a battle. Yes I have been known to man the guns, 'oldstone th'deck, pump the bildge, run th'ratlines, and heave the lines. (signs the articles) I like the position you have given me as lookout it suit me fine. Ifen there be another position open later on i might think about but right now I am happy.

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Very well, Lass....

Take yer gear ta th' tween decks 'r th' gun deck n' find a hammock ta call yer own....

Introduce ye'self ta th' rest o' th' crew rightly so...

Welcome aboard!

'ere's a tot o' rum ta wet yer whistle...

So now ye knows me, th' QM, an' ye knows William th' Master 't Arms - he'll keep yer weapons in proper order til ye needs 'em...

Master Gunner Petee be o'er there...

Th' rest o' th lads n' lasseys be comin' back from shore leave...

We 'ave much ta do ta get yer new home Bristol Fashion... Don't make yerse'f scarce....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

William here is my list of weapons on hand.

1 Cutlass

1 Flintlock pistol

1 Baldric

1 Whip

1 Flogger

1 Eating Dagger

2 Boot Daggers well hidden

1 small widows dagger hidden in my bodice

I think that abouot covers everything that I have.

I shall add them upon the roster and I thank you. Thank you for being forthcoming and welcome aboard.

Tortuga.... All by yerse'f?

Goode man.... goode man...

Well then, iffn all goes well, mayhaps we c'n get th' ol' girl o'er ta tha' cove, careen 'er an' refit by.... say.... mid month?

Lessee... I needs ta get th' carpenter an' 'is mates ta mix up some sulfer n' tallow, among all th' other supplies fer calkin' an fixin' th' hull....

Aye Ladd, we's soon be able ta load up alla th' stores n' cannon.... soon....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Tis tyme fer me ta raise the morale of me mate, Diego. (of course that is me fynest pleasure as the morale officer of our ship) B) All is well - we be heading up the coast fer pure pleasure and adventure. Thar be two Ren Faires we plans ta make our way to and visits wit our friends too! Anon for now - and I be keeping an eye out fer ye and the Watch Dog~ :ph34r: Huzzah!

*Stepping upon the Main deck with a harried air, muttering in low tones as Armand follows quickly behind*

Tis a blackguard affaire...An establishment of high reputation, pah! ...

*Stopping abruptly and glances to Armand with disgust and irritation layed across features, continuing to the stairwell with determined step*

We have no remains of that descript, the little scrub said...Merde!...Pure invention que tout cela!!...I shall speak with the magistrate in this matter and there shall be hell to pay before the morrow's end.

*Pausing before going below to her quarters...*

Armand, je voudrais un bouteille a' vin rouge, s'il vous plait.

*Continues down below deck...*

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

*Stops mid-stair and returns to the Main deck upon the hailing*

Pardon?...That is to say, you queried?

*Walks over to where William stands*

Ah, Mister Wake...I must apologise. It is, you see, a matter of that so called establishment of buisness that holds the remains of our departed brother. I did send my Steward to make request for his remains to which they replied that they did not exist within their posession...Upon the delivery of said tidings, I myself went to the establishment to which I was informed of the same...Pah! Skullduggery, I tell you! But, have you know worries, I do have connections of high order that shall resolve this issue post haste!...The very idea!

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: takes into consideration the query of the Master at Arms... Whilst doing so, the Surgeon, Ms Fitzgerald and her servant arrive, full of anger... ::

Oh there she be speakin' tha' frenchy ag'in....

Hrumph, I didn' know William spake it too... Tha's just lovely... now I s'pose I'll be 'earin' more o' it...

::walks over to the pair of them::

Beg pardon, I o'er heard yer conversation.... Tempest, r' Ms. Fitzgerald... I suspect ye be wonderin' 'bout th' reported death o' th' first mate, Phil... twas a falsification... he be alive n' well... right, he be alive fer sure...

An' Master William, Aye, I do 'ave a chore 'r two fer ye... get a couple o' mates, head down ta th' cove there an' see ta makin' some simple fortifications... I'd like ta set up a few cannons n' such whilst we careen r' ship...

Converse wi' th' M. Gunner as well...

Aye... make it so...

:: clasps hands behind back, gives a closed mouth smile ::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: comes wandering along the pier, looking a bit more confused than usual, stopping briefly to check the identity of each ship ::

No... too small. No, too... French. No...

:: spies the jack of the Watch Dog, and quickens his pace. Unfortunately, this makes him unsteadier ::

Ah! There you are!

:: at about 20 feet from the gangway, he spies a lovely lass with remarkable bodice spillage, and doffs his hat with a sweeping bow, continuing to the point he is now almost walking backwards::

Master Diego! My apologies for being tardy. Or completely absent, more to the point. You see, I was detain-

:: trips over an ale cask and stumbles head first into a pier support, and is knocked out cold::

//Sorry for having gone missing. I've been without internet connectivity since the weekend!//

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

:: the smile fades from his face as one of the crew comes swaying about on the pier, hails M. Diego and trips over a cask, knocking himself out by running into a piling...::

Well.... an tha' be one o' 'r lookouts...

::rubs face with hand::

Mayhaps this day be shapin' up rather interestin'ly...

:: looks to the Surgeon ::

Temp... Ah, Ms. Fitzgerald... I 'spect tha' lad is in need o' yer speciality... If ye would be so kind?

:: point to two Able Seamen ::

You there! Fetch tha' lad offin' th' dock! Take 'im ta th' sick bay! Be quick about it!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

:: regains his wits slightly at the sound of boots on the gangway, and tries to fumble for his sword ::

I'm not certain I deserved that... nnnnnghhhhhh...

:: passes out again ::

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

An' Master William, Aye, I do 'ave a chore 'r two fer ye... get a few mates, head down ta th' cove there an' see ta makin' some simple fortifications... I'd like ta set up a few cannons n' such whilst we careen r' ship...

Converse wi' th' M. Gunner as well...

Aye... make it so...

:: clasps hands behind back, gives a closed mouth smile ::

Aye, aye, sir.

(gets a shovel and takes three muskets form the stores)

I need two able seamen!

Jack?! ~swan runs up to where Jack passed out. She is soaking wet wearing black cotton breeches and a white blouse open at the neck. Her clothes are sticking to her and her hair is loose and hanging down her back. Thankfully she has a camisole underneath her shirt remaining for the most part decent. She kneels down to Jack and gently taps his face. She looks wide eyed up to Mr. Lasseter.~

Good morn' Sir. What happened to him?

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.

Er..... Mornin' ta ye Ms. Swan...

Him? Oh, prolly had too much spirits... rolled hisself inta tha' piling there...

No worries, 'e on'y hit 'is head... under th' care of 'r surgeon I's sure 'e'll be right as rain soon enough...

An' prey tell wot 'appened ta yerse'f.... seein' as ye look 'alf drowned?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

~chuckles and looks down at Jack~

Me, sir? I've been swimmin in the sea, sir. With such fine weather and leave I thought I'd take advantage of the situation and the tides. Beggin' you're pardon, Sir, I'll take him bellow to our quarters. We're both watch men, with your permission that is, Sir.

Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is; It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is really is freedom.