Barbossa and Jack lamp...

Iron Bess

Holy Krabby Patties! ;)

That is quite a piece of work. I can see that the artist invested a lot of time in this. Even without the figure, the backdrop is very intricate.

Thanks fer sharing, Bess. Although I'm surprise you're not bidding; it would look GREAT in your office. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Is it authorized or an artist's interpretation? I've seen these lamps before about a year ago. The faces always seem a little off.

It's made with the action figures so that's mostly likely why the faces are so poor.

The NEW ones coming out are very good though. I've seen the scupt models.

;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Holy Krabby Patties! ;)

That is quite a piece of work. I can see that the artist invested a lot of time in this. Even without the figure, the backdrop is very intricate.

Thanks fer sharing, Bess. Although I'm surprise you're not bidding; it would look GREAT in your office. ;)

MMmmmmmmmmmmm......

Krabby Patties!! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Do you remember the fan from Japan that made a Captain Jack Sparrow doll from an Edward Scissorhands doll? Now that "action figure" hade a good face.

Link to discussion on Jack Doll

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

$133 for two $12 AFs, $1 worth of wood, a $4 lampshade, $1.50 worth of lamp parts and what appears to be grey airbrushed spray foam and hot glue?! I'm in the wrong business! (See what I mean about the Barbossa AFs face, though? Or maybe it's the hair...something's off IMHO. He looks like a parson with a feather in his cap in one photo.)

It is nice work, but I can't see paying that kind of money for it.

One day I'm going to start selling the carrying case I designed around this Hedz product which I used to produce several years ago. Maybe I'll charge $132 on eBay. The bag will come with a nice zipper...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

MMmmmmmmmmmmm......

Krabby Patties!!  ;)

That's what happens when you watch the Spongebob Squarepants movie five times over the weekend. ;)

(But I did love the pirates - especially the scene after all the credits.)

Okay, back on topic. Cheesy items for sale on e-Bay; see the thread on the "Want A Good Laugh?". ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

It's very cool, but they gotta be kidding about the price! Come on, it's the 2 action figures on a lamp! One must wonder as to why they would sell it if it's something they created? Weird, but still does look cool! :)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Krabby Patties!!  B)

That's what happens when you watch the Spongebob Squarepants movie five times over the weekend. B)

Sponge Bob Squarepants!

Sponge Bob Squarepants!

Sponge Bob Squarepants! Sponge Bob...

SQUAREPANTS!!! :)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I still have yet to see the Sponge Bob movie. Isn't it out now to rent? And I have yet to meet the voice of Sponge Bob, Tom Kenny. My guyfriend knows him really well since being in the voice-over biz too. I'll go up to visit and he'll tell me how he hung out with me earlier that day. I'm like, "you poop!!" B)

And staying on topic: yes Redd, I would love to have a lamp like that sitting at my desk at work too. Tis so cool! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I like it, too. I'd like it a whole lot better at a starting price of $35... if you start it at $35 and it's worth $133, it'll be bid up. eBay is the fairest system I've seen when people are playing fair. :)

Why not spend your money on something a little more interesting and turn it into a lamp instead, like this guy did. Then you'll have a Zap-Action® lamp! B) (Here's a better picture. You can pick this model up cheaper than this if you don't mind not having the box.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I still have yet to see the Sponge Bob movie. Isn't it out now to rent? And I have yet to meet the voice of Sponge Bob, Tom Kenny. My guyfriend knows him really well since being in the voice-over biz too.

Sorry, off-topic:

Yes Christine, it's out on video. That's how come I watched it 5 times over the weekend. Now my kids are quoting scenes from it. B) And the pirates in it are very fun.

What's is your friend's name and what voices does he do? Does Mr. Kenny come to Comic-Con? I know he was there in 2002 when Mark Hamill was filming "Comic Book: The Movie".

hook_banner2.jpg