Weapons Rules

Hawkyns

Sounds like your US Air guy probably meant that it can be in your suitcase that is checked in, (definitely not in your carry-on) and sometimes I know that they specifically want the luggage containing firearms left unlocked so that they can open and inspect further down the line before it goes on the plane in addition to the counter inspection. The locked/unlocked policy changes from day to day, airline to airline and bring a lock and tie wraps with you even if they say you don't need them. There's a good chance whoever is working the day you arrive will have a different take on this policy!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

TalesOfTheSevenSeas Posted on Jan 14 2004, 10:32 PM

The locked/unlocked policy changes from day to day, airline to airline and bring a lock and tie wraps with you even if they say you don't need them. There's a good chance whoever is working the day you arrive will have a different take on this policy!

great advice quill!...better safe than sorry...*wonders what us air would think if i showed up in my garb*

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

We showed up in modified pirate garb at the airport for PiP. It wasn't a big deal to them. In fact, they liked the break from their routine. We joked with them, pointed Sir Nigel out as a suspicious character and watched them laugh when we ran our tricorns through the x-ray machines. It's all in how you interact with the people. But Seattle is a fairly laid back airport compared to others. But Miami didn't have a problem with it on the way back either.

Of course, it used to be even better - we could travel with our belts and a lot of its accessories around our waists and sing songs on the plane. Even then they would seize even a toy flintlock like you get at a souvenir shop. We even drank a plane dry one time. Ah, the good old days! Southwest would probably still appreciate us, but they don't go to Florida from here. Sigh!!!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I can say without fear of reprisal that I was searched at every airport on the way to and from Key West.

Thanks, Cap'n.

:ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I know nothing!!! I see nothing!!!

I'll blame it on the Cabin Boy - he tipped them... Honest!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Jeesh!!..My bunk and seachest 'o clothes sits o'er the powder magazine!!..I kaint go nowhere no mo'!!..

*Sees picture of self duct-taped to alla the sniffers*

:ph34r:

Hadn't thought of that problem, Royaliste. Have ye considered rubbin' yourself down with raw liver and THEN going to the airport? Maybe bribing the sniffer dogs'd work...

No. Suppose not.

He, he..It aint the dogs, 'eck, I'm a dog meself, it be them dang mechanical sniffers!!...I'll stick ta sailin' when e'er I kin'! :)

B)

Me shipmate Ravan, who plays the Mary Read character at major East Coast events had a problem a couple of years back with the sniffer machine showing NEVR DULL metal polish as an explosive !!!! Created quite a problem for a while with armed guards freaking out, etc., until one of them showed up that knew what NEVR DULL was. (It was in it's original factory packaging).

>>>> Cascabel

Probably the safest game plan is to check with the particular airline you're flying on and ask the questions at the time you make your reservations. Different airlines can have different policies, and policies can change from day to day.

I've met TSA agents who didn't know what a Maglite pocket flashlight was.

I've met another one who insisted that I had to carry all my metal objects through the metal detector. ("That's ALWAYS been the policy, sir.") Yes, I rang the detector.

I have a friend who rang the detector with his Customs Service badge. The TSA agent didn't know what to do about the badge, so he ran the metal detector over it. My friend said, "yes, that's good; your metal detector detected that my metal badge is made of metal. Now what?" :D

As far as entering bars and restaurants wearing visible weapons; well, I'd be inclined to err on the safe side and leave such stuff back in me room.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"