How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Sleepy..but happy ;)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling better. My back has pretty much stopped spasming, so I'm just going through the normal pains of injured ribs and back muscles. Those, I can deal with no problem. Although I did sneeze a couple of days ago and fell out of my chair from the pain (did I mention I'm a very violent sneezer?) One of my ribs SHIFTED and I had to push it back into place.

RHJMap.jpg

Oh, poor Jill. :ph34r: It does hurt like hell. Hard to imagine the scope of the pain unless you've been in that situation. Yeah, even a light sneeze just floors ya. Pray that no one gets you laughing all the time, Jill. That's worse! :ph34r:

Rest up, girl. Take it easy. Not easy to do, but does help.

So, if you don't mind my asking... what th' devil did you do to get the ribs out of shape? Mine was from a horsey acccident last month (went airborne off m' mount, he barely took the turn and went into some brush I didn't and went airborne off him).

Hey! Well there ya go, Gage! Definitely time to recover on that day off. well, hopefully. :)

Sounds like you need a good massage or soak in a hot tub for your legs and rest of yer physical self. :) and while yo'r doing that, have a few Marguaritas. :ph34r:

Enjoy yo'r day off then, Gage.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I was walking on the foredeck of my sailboat and a couple of people jumped around, RIGHT when I was walking next to the open forward hatch (they were unaccustomed to being on a sailboat and didn't realise that you shouldn't leap around on it when other people are trying to get things ready.) I've walked and scrambled around that foredeck in some really dicey situations, but this was one of those freak occurrances.

I fell into that hatch and bounced off the surrounding ridge three times - I had very dark bruises right where each rib was hit, so my back had three stripes on it for awhile. They've congealed into one big bruise. I managed to bruise some in the front as well.

And yep - I'm trying to avoid laughing too much. Unfortunately, the movie we got from Netflix right after the fall was an episode of "Mystery Science Theatre 3000". We made it about a third of the way through before it became too painful from all the laughing. Darn them for being so funny! I changed our queue so there is no comedy for the next few weeks.

RHJMap.jpg

^ to Jill...OW!!!

Good Gods this jobs is exhausting!!!!...I'm beat and I have a hour left B)

Fortunately...I love what I do B)

Jill... ow! B) My sympathies, m'dear.

I'd say beat the crap out of them when you feel better. When they least expect it.

Exhausting? How so, Jenny? If you don't mind my asking.

At current, decent. Did chores this evening at the Equestrian Center with a girl who is moody at times, and has chewed me out a few times for something my horse has done. Like I can have total control of the beast. But, she was in a good mood and was surprisingly nice to me this evening. So, that eased some nerves.

~Lady B

B)

Just a liiiiiiitle bit sunburned

Youch, maybe more than a little. 8 hours at the beach yesterday & 7 on the river today, combined with 4 hours of running from carnival ride to carnival ride with the little swab.

Did I mention I'm tired too?

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Thanks, Jill. Unfortunately no one took a pic of me flying off the horse.. so, can't use that. B)

Rather leary about being healthy again. Usually means that something else is bound to happen! B) But, I'm counting on NOT getting hurt for quite a while yet.

Hope yer resting well, Jill.

At the moment for me... I should be heading to bed as I have to wake up early. But, I'm no where close to being tired. Not yet at least.

Ehh... I'll wear myself out somehow.

~Lady B

B)

Lady B. I work long hours, usually too busy to take a break and it's mostly the level of concentration at a non stop pace for hours at a time. Takes a while to wind down after...hence..insomniac B)

Jill..hope yer mending..don't sneeze!

Chole ya river rat..whar ye been? (Hi lil swab! B) )

I've had one of those days where it seems I can do NOTHING correct. Probably not exactly true, but it sure FEELS that way.

That, combined with a deep, burning desire to choke out 1 out of every 3 people I've run into within the past couple days, explains why I'm sittin' here with a Maker's Mark & Coke Zero combo. :ph34r:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Well Matt...ye too the first two steps..made a drink an came to th pub..now just ignore the slice of humanity which are idiots.

They'rejust filler..

Rather leary about being healthy again. Usually means that something else is bound to happen! :rolleyes: But, I'm counting on NOT getting hurt for quite a while yet.

Don't be doing that to yourself - none of those self-fulfilling prophecies! Keep telling yourself that you will be vigilant and no falls or injuries will be in your immediate future.

If you think you're going to have an accident or be injured - you will!

RHJMap.jpg

Exhausted.

Came home to a slew of e-mails from a contigent of friends who plan to join me for a week at my summer place later this month. Turning into quite a 3-ring circus, complete with nudist vegetarians in a 34' motor home filled with 3 cats and 2 dogs. Was supposed to be 4 days with 3 people, now turning into 6 days with 5 people, or possibly longer with more people. Sorta like havin' a visit from Cousin Eddie:

national_lampoon_eddie_1.jpg

And I'm a bit concerned for our delicate, elderly septic system. "Shitter's full!"

Ah well, there's lots of logistics to figure out, so I better start answering those e-mails. Hmmm... two vegetarians and two Muslims ... I guess BBQ pork is definitely off the luau menu then!

I'll definitely need a holiday after this holiday!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

tired but satisfied I accomplished something this day

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

After a hell of a fight with the guy I work with downstairs by association hmm.."jerk would be sainting the bastard" I feel better.

Jenny dances around singing "I was right and he was wrong!!"

Which I knew the whole time, further infuriating me in having to be questioned..

Dumbass....hope he likes losing a second time.. :lol:

That and the fact that this is my Friday, puts me in a good mood ;);)

I've had one of those days where it seems I can do NOTHING correct. Probably not exactly true, but it sure FEELS that way.

That, combined with a deep, burning desire to choke out 1 out of every 3 people I've run into within the past couple days, explains why I'm sittin' here with a Maker's Mark & Coke Zero combo. :D

:lol: I know that feeling...........

My Soul Is Full Of Longing For The Secrets Of The Sea And The Heart Of The Great Ocean Sends A Thrilling Pulse Through Me .....

I have gotten to like the middle of the night..it feels more peaceful and free..

I've had one of those days where it seems I can do NOTHING correct.  Probably not exactly true, but it sure FEELS that way.

That, combined with a deep, burning desire to choke out 1 out of every 3 people I've run into within the past couple days, explains why I'm sittin' here with a Maker's Mark & Coke Zero combo.  :ph34r:

:ph34r: I know that feeling...........

Poor baby. Come here an' let Matt hug it all away.

Who can I choke out for you? Are there enough that I can leave a pile of bodies and take a picture? :ph34r:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

now? :D