How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Christine lass...it's flu shot season..mayhaps ye should get one. Fell better :(

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are feeling better Christine. Have you tried some zicam...it does really work.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel right now. I just found out my grandmother died yesterday. The thing is, she was pure, unadulterated EVIL. So the world is a better place with her out of it. If she was in a movie, her death scene would prompt much cheering and applause - really.

I suppose I'm still stunned that it finally happened after all these years; I am not sentimental in the least about family, so that's not a factor. My mum and I do have a standing appointment to dance on her grave, though.

RHJMap.jpg

:lol: Yikes!

At this moment, I guess I'm feeling grateful that I'm not the only one with disfunctional family members. Dance away, Jill!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

ah tis always grand to dance to the memory of family members, especially upon thier graves.............would say sorry for your loss lass but it seems not needed so instead :lol:

to any whom are sick, confused, tired, or just plain bitchy, may you feel better about what ails ye soon.

AN HAPPY SAMHAIN A WEE BIT EARLY :lol:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Christine lass...it's flu shot season..mayhaps ye should get one. Fell better :lol:

Actually, I've been hearing how flu shots are really not a good idea. You get injected with a small strain of the flu and some people can't handle that. Some have got sick from it and yes, some have died from it. I decided I would just steer clear of that. Besides, this is just cold symptoms. The over the counter stuff has been helping. No more sore throat, the clogged feeling only happens at night, I got it under control. I've learned not to take Vick's Dayquil, oh, geez! Yeah, it cleared me up, but made me so dizzy, it was scary! I thought I was going to pass out. Nope, not going to use that one again! :lol:

Thanks BriarRose, I should look into that zicam. As long as it works and doesn't make me dizzy I'm all for it. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel right now. I just found out my grandmother died yesterday. The thing is, she was pure, unadulterated EVIL. So the world is a better place with her out of it. If she was in a movie, her death scene would prompt much cheering and applause - really.

I suppose I'm still stunned that it finally happened after all these years; I am not sentimental in the least about family, so that's not a factor. My mum and I do have a standing appointment to dance on her grave, though.

I had a relation such as yours recently passed. The family was apalled when I asked were the champagne was in celebration, then tsked at them all and said I was only saying what they were afraid to...Wretched individual that one was. But I caution on carrying out the Grave Dancing...

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Aye be careful on dancing on the grave....although I did see a movie a long time ago where the family members all took turns pissing on the person's grave. However, perhaps you should just have a drink over her grave as good ridance. ?? (If you are wondering about grave dancing...it is very taboo, and the person supposedly comes back to haunt ya. Oh and if you find that she is just too ornery to move on well I can help you with that so don't hesitate to ask.)

You did make me laugh cause there is one person left in the family that a lot of the relations would throw a party at her death...not a wake, but a party in celebration for the person finally taking the voyage to the other side.

Now me father's family...well they know how to have an honest Irish wake. LOL

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

We had an earthquake earlier tonight - 5.6 and it lasted quite awhile. A few TO7S folks were at Jack's and my place rehearsing for a gig when it hit.

Nothing fell down at our place, even though we are on landfill; got pretty exciting for awhile, though.

Wow - first my evil grandmother dies, then a medium-sized earthquake. It's been a pretty eventful day for me...

RHJMap.jpg

Could be your grandmother heard the comment about dancing, and did a few "turns?" :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Really excited about tomorrow. We had an awsome opening night with much screaming and laughter. Music to my ears. I just hope 100 lbs of candy will be enough. I wish you could be here Syren, feel better soon.

My back still really hurts but the adrenaline rush and vicodin is keeping the pain at bay and I'm finished with the steroid treatments. So that's a good thing.

Can we start a dysfunctional family club?

I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Excited....it's Halloween, Samhain. There is Magic in the air.

And I can't wait to dress up me wee lad.

Well, I don't have a sore throat and I'm not clogged, but I don't have much of a voice. Yesterday it was only half there, but this morning I woke up and could barely talk at all. Ugh! I called my work and said I'd have to come in later, when the phones die down. I can't really talk clearly to answer the phone. I've been drinking lots of water, had some hot tea with lemon and even sprayed my throat with the throat spray. This sucks! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ah, Christine I am sorry you are still under the weather. If you have a Walmart near by try and get some tea tree oil. Place 5 to 6 drops in a glass of warm water and gargle. The best thing you can do though is try not to talk or strain your voice. Hope you feel bette soon.

As for me, I am tired...and Happy and Excited...looking forward to the weekend.

Aye Christine, lots of liquids and rest if possible(rest, what is that?)keeping the throat moist by cough drops or even hard candies...just to keep the juices flowing and try Airborne as well which is also at WalMart(yes, I confess, I live in WalMart)...and use Clorox wipes on phones, handles, microphones, door handles...and of course keep the pump sanitizer on your desk. As long as it's 62 percent alcohol, it will kill most germs.

Clorox wipes kill Mrsa, E Coli and a flu virus(don't remember which one) but Mrsa is a serious concern now. Yes, it's been with us for years but all of a sudden it is hitting the schools and it has killed one child. I work with kids so we have a ritual now of wiping down all the handles in each class room.

Ah, stay home and watch pirate movies all day. Especially the one with that Geoffrey fella ;-)

kttcsignature.jpg

Healthy, happy, and looking forward to a relaxing weekend — which includes a Sunday champagne brunch at a nice restaurant for my sister's birthday. :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Looking forward to having a great weekend at the Escondido Ren-faire. A lot of people (myself included) really need something fun after a week of fires.

Plus I have new teeth- I no longer look like I'm grimmacing when I smile, I have a true smile now and you can see my teeth. Whoopie!

Congrats Rumb Rue!!!

I am excited...looking forward to the weekend....hoping to get lots done. I am feeling like Tigger today....A frisky kitten wantin' to play.

Happy Cat! Happy Cat!!!!!

and as always fulla mischief! yeah.. :lol:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Aye Christine, lots of liquids and rest if possible(rest, what is that?)keeping the throat moist by cough drops or even hard candies...just to keep the juices flowing and try Airborne as well which is also at WalMart(yes, I confess, I live in WalMart)...and use Clorox wipes on phones, handles, microphones, door handles...and of course keep the pump sanitizer on your desk. As long as it's 62 percent alcohol, it will kill most germs.

Clorox wipes kill Mrsa, E Coli and a flu virus(don't remember which one) but Mrsa is a serious concern now. Yes, it's been with us for years but all of a sudden it is hitting the schools and it has killed one child. I work with kids so we have a ritual now of wiping down all the handles in each class room.

Ah, stay home and watch pirate movies all day. Especially the one with that Geoffrey fella ;-)

Thanks! Today I'm doing a little better. My voice is a bit more normal. I sprayed my throat and then just slept for the most of the day before going to work in the late afternoon. That seemed to have helped a lot. I still tho have a cough that keeps holding on, ugh! I wish I could have stayed home, but it's still all good. And getting that letter from Geoffrey Rush today really made my day! Woo-hoo! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg