How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

Prickly and foolish.

I decided to give myself a tropical spa treat in the bath this morning. So I slathered pineapple pulp on my face, hands and arms to soften my skin. After a bit of soaking in the tub, I noticed a tingling feeling, and saw that my forearms were getting all blotchy. So, I quickly rinsed off all the pineapple pulp. Luckily I noticed the adverse reaction before I had applied the "mask" to the rest of my body.

Oh, sigh!

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hester, dear, I am so sorry for your troubles. Try some benadryl and if you are still blotchy then try a baking soda paste to put on the areas or calimine lotion. If you have neither then use a wet regular tea bag on the areas.

As for me, I am worried. My wee one's sitter has to take her Chocolate Lab to the vet for an emergency visit. She had applied flea formula to him the other day and it has hit his nervous system. Now he can barely walk and he is in alot of pain. Sam is only 5 years old and is such a sweet, gentle soul. I will be praying all day to hear good news by this evening. I hope he will be well. B)

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Hi, Briar Rose:

Thanks for your kind thoughts and apothecary advice. Happily, the blotches faded quite quickly on their own once the heat of the bath wore off. (And my skin's actually feeling quite smooth now!) Oh good, I'm not allergic to pineapple after all!

Your friend's dog sounds like he is having a much worse time of things than me. I hope he recovers quickly.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hallo Hester. I am glad you are feeling much better.

As for the dog, Sam, my friend just called me a bit ago. They took blood and urine tests. The urine test came back normal. She is waiting for the results of the blood tests tomorrow. The vet did diagnose that the Flea medicine caused a neurological reaction on Sam. He gave him a shot to help bring down his fever and ease the pain. Essentially all of his nerve endings are inflamed. I had suggested that to her before she took him to the vets. Just keep your fingers crossed that the blood work comes back normal. And the medicine he will be taking makes him good as new soon.

Thanks a Bunch.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

Started the day out feeling down about myself. I know you're supposed to suppress negative self talk and allow yourself to be human, but that's a lot easier said than done. So, the day started out not so good.

Then, I got an email from a client about a long-standing issue. I had a theory about what was causing it and they kept insisting that they had checked and I was wrong. Well - they had someone else check out the issue some more at their end and it turns out I was RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT. Demonstrating an enormous amount of self-control, I did not send an "I told you so" message.

The day's gotten better - it's good to be vindicated.

RHJMap.jpg

Exhausted.

Had a heart spell last night (a severe tacacardia event is what THEY call them…) and its left me drained. Most likely going home now. Best to be weary in your own bed.... (sigh)

And get puppy kisses in the process. (Okay, so she's 105 lb pup but she's all mine.)

;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess, dear, due get some rest and try to relax a bit. And yes, puppy kisses no matter how big or small they are are always the best. Animals always know how to make you feel better.

But I will be sending you a "Hug" to help you along in feeling better. Take Care.

Yikes! Hope no more happens, Bess. :rolleyes: Prayer be with ya.

And prayers with the doggie, Sam. That's a sad situation.

No classes again tomorrow. My Instructor's hubby is in the hospital again. Not usually a good sign. So, our fingers are crossed. But will go in and work Bubba nonetheless.

I worked him today despite being sick. We didn't have classes today either cause of said issue (instructor's hubby in the hospital). But, despite being sick, I worked Bubba anyway. Oy, has he a lot to work on.

So, feeling better than I was this morning. Tired now. :)

Spent the day doing some necessary shopping. My niece was with me, so we had a girl's day out and had some fun. Took her out to Olive Garden this evening. She was SO excited and had fun. Now my nephew is begging to spend a day with me again. Hehehe... I'm the fantastic & cool Aunt that they love and adore. I take them places, do stuff with them, have the cool stuff, etc. :D

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Be well Bess....rest and puppies (even 105 lb ones :rolleyes: )

I feel yucky..can't shake this allergy..blah

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Tachycardia - heart beats REALLY fast! No wonder you're worn out!

Gotta take care of yerself dearie. It'd crush the Pub as a whole t' lose a gal like you.

Be well, Bess.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Rest and be well, Bess. And above all, enjoy yourself! You make our days here quite bright indeed. :lol:

(chuckle)

Take what ya can love.... give nothin' back!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Well at the moment I feel and look like a leprechaun. This afternoon I was painting a 9 x 12 canvas drop cloth green. And since I am petite to begin with being only 5' 3" and a tiny built frame, well from my knees down to my feet I was green. Plus my arms were too. I still am a bit even after a good scrubbing in the shower. I guess my friends in High School were right after all...they always did say I was built and looked like an Elf. :lol::lol:

Well at the moment I feel and look like a leprechaun. This afternoon I was painting a 9 x 12 canvas drop cloth  green. And since I am petite to begin with being only 5' 3" and a tiny built frame, well from my knees down to my feet I was green. Plus my arms were too. I still am a bit even after a good scrubbing in the shower. I guess my friends in High School were right after all...they always did say I was built and looked like an Elf.    :lol:   :lol:

Now you made me laugh. :lol::lol:

Look at the bright side, you're taller than me. I'm only 5'1"

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Lesson 1.  Leading is just like driving a car.  You have to steer the female to where you want her to go.  :lol:

Sweaty...

Lily does yer mate read these things?

(If he doesn't... Can I steer this dance t' me cabin?)

(If he does... Keep both hands on the wheel, Jacky.)

Lily does yer mate read these things?

(If he doesn't... Can I steer this dance t' me cabin?)

(If he does... Keep both hands on the wheel, Jacky.)

Not usually, but he's not the jealous type so it wouldn't matter if he did.

So when we goin' dancin' B)

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/