Captain Morgan parties responsible.

Black Hearted Pearl

Statues pilfered as prank

By Irene Hsiao, Tribune

Police are asking the people who took two Captain Morgan rum pirate statues to come forward. If it was a prank, there will be no charges, said Scottsdale police Sgt. Mark Clark. But if it was a theft, there may be charges, he said.

Police believe whoever took the statues Sunday from the Birds Nest at the FBR Open at the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale know the people at Alliance Beverage Distributing Co. of Phoenix, which dispenses the beverage in the Valley.

"Sometimes a hoax is the right thing to do or it’s funny, but the victim of the hoax thinks it’s a crime and the police get involved," Clark said. "We would still encourage the people who are responsible to call and tell us exactly what happened, we would like to add that to the case file."

One detective was assigned to the case and has worked on it since Monday, Clark said.

"It’s possible that very few staff hours were dedicated to this case," he said.

Someone brought one statue to KISS (104.7 FM) radio station and the other was dropped off at a television reporter’s house in Phoenix, said Robert Anderson, an Alliance spokesman. A ransom note attached to one statue said the other statue would be tortured if $2,000 wasn’t donated to a children’s charity.

"I could not have dreamed this I swear," Anderson said.

The company donated $2,000 to two children’s charities, including the Thomas J. Pappas School for homeless children.

"I’m happy to have the captain back at the helm of the ship," Anderson said. "We don’t know where the captain’s been but he parties responsibly, he’s come back in good condition."

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

;););)

Oh, Lord.

Ya know... if Morgan was real... think they would REALLY do that?

I think it would be funny to have the pirates get involved to "hunt down" the kidnappers! :)

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

;);) Like that Captain Morgan commercial I saw a month or 2 back of everyon's leg permenantly stuck in that raised position like Morgan? Classic. :)

Now.. did this happen around Fat Tuesday? Cause if it did.. & he has no beads or even anything to show he's been at a party... I'm inclined to agree with RumbaRue there.. IT'S NOT MORGAN! ;) Somethings ALWAYS destroyed in his wake. :)

This is beginning to remind me of the Garth Brooks song "Pina Colada"... if anyone remembers that one... plays a lot here, can't argue with it. ;)

"-Let's set sail with Captain Morgan, though we'll never leave dry land!-"

I guess that's what they really did, didn't they? ;););)

;)

I think it would be funny to have the pirates get involved to "hunt down" the kidnappers! :)

Hunt them down! No way! A good pirate would join the kidnappers or at the very least raise a glass to 'em. That's what Morgan would of done.

God Bless Them, Everyone! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::huh:

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

... dirty bastards had me tied up in their basement for nearly aday and a half!! Do these people have no compassion? No idea of human rights?? I'm just glad to be back...

:ph34r:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

... dirty bastards had me tied up in their basement for nearly aday and a half!!  Do these people have no compassion?  No idea of human rights??  I'm just glad to be back...

:ph34r:

:ph34r::ph34r:

See, Longarm. Morgan would have them taught how to REALLY party. Being tied up in a basement.. cold, dark & damp.. is NO way to party... unless the cold was ice in the damp rum & coke in a dark room with a black light! :huh:

::Pats Morgan's back:: Poor, Morgan. Bloody bastards they are. Bad party blokes if you ask me for not throwin' ya a decent piractical celebration.

Tis a crime to not party hearty in the proper piractical way. Maybe ol' Blackbeard needs to come & set them straight as well & show them a good celebration... like the one that lasts for DAYS! :)

:huh:

... dirty bastards had me tied up in their basement for nearly aday and a half!! Do these people have no compassion? No idea of human rights?? I'm just glad to be back...

:angry:

Arrgh, Captain Morgan....ye must have been drinkin too much rum. This here be the desert and we have no basements. Ye were stolen while at the Bird's Nest at the FBR open. Mostly likely, ye were tied up at the famous hole 16....the rowdiest hole in golfing history. Bloody Pirates.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.