Pirates of the Revolution

LadyBarbossa

Was checking out the wizkids website on more Pirates of the Spanish Main & Crimson Coast info... only to see another will be available in June!

Pirates of the Revolution

3rd series in this constructable strategy game... focusing more on the American side... with some added twists like new events & more!

Hehehe... I say ... KEEP 'EM COMIN'!! :)

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I only be wishin more card joints would sell these pirate games. Ye go in to one and all they have are Yu Gi Oh and Magic, and maybe Pokemon.

I don't know how many clerks I've asked that reply back that "they don't carry that one" (referring to POTSM) :rolleyes:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Really? How odd.

Cause here in CR.. there are 3 card & game stores that carry them.. plus the Super Target that carries them. It's an IBER hot item! They can hardly keep them on the shelves!

:P

Hmmm.. how odd.

True enough one can order the online. Hope & wish ya luck there.

But.. otherwise... gaming stores should carry them... like places where you role playing diehards would go in to a specialty gaming store that sells nothing but Warhammer pieces, sets... YuGiOh & Magic cards.. even Star Wars cards & figure pieces... Or whatever those other silly little tiny model like pieces so as to use them for playing out a story or whatever.

If they don't carry them... I'd be shocked. Truthfully.

We've a couple gaming stores here - Battlezon, Video Games, Etc, Mak's Collectibles....

They all have them & can't hardly keep them in stock.

Well.. again.. I wish ya luck.

It's well worth getting. The ships are fabulous. That require care but well worth having.

:rolleyes:

Once again, PotSM is available here (Chicagoland) in great abundance (still cannot find El Fantasma!). Pokemon and YuGiOh have been scarce...

Have not seen the new (second) series yet...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I don't know if I can get ahold of another El Fantasma... I have him but won't give him up.

I'll see if I can get one.

Otherwise.. if you are able to... there is a chat list specifically for Pirates of the Spanish Main/Crimson Coast/Revolution on Yahoogroups. Trading is done there & I have gotten a good few ships & characters via those gracious gents on the list. Including El Fantasma.

Pirates of the Spanish Main CSG

I have who I want....

El Fantasma & the Ghost crew, Calico Cat, Blackheart, Genny Gallows & her Red Rampage... Gaspar Zuan & Fidel

The Harbringer, Revenant, Shadow, Revenge...pretty much all the pirate ships except the El Ballista & the Bloody Throne. I still need those 2.

Looking forward to Crimson Coast which will be out March 2nd.

Thus far, I want Crimson Angel(character) & the Deliverance(ship - ghost ship to be exact).

B)

• 2 weeks later...

If you only have "Card Shops" in your town, you're unlikely ta find this game 'less ya travel somewheres bigger. Oh, they'll carry Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, an' mebe Magic, but anythin' else ain't gonna be easy ta find in a joint like that. Find the closest place that carries miniature wargames, an' ye'll likely hit the jackpot there. Good luck ta all o' ye that are havin' a hard time with findin' these.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

The 2 game shops here & the Super Target still has PLENTY of packs here in Cedar Rapids.

Now that Crimson Coast is out... I wonder if they will keep up with the demand there. B) I've only been able to buy one pack thus far. So many people have bought so many packs already. Even someone who I watched by a whole unopened box! Where these people get the money to by a box well over $100 is beyond me.

But the new stuff in Crimson Coast is very wicked! A few ships & characters I want... all pirate of course. Especially the mysterious lady Crimson Angel.. the ghost ship Deliverance.. & the new card of El Phantasma. Notice they changed the spelling of his name & more. I saw the card.. it's FAR better than the Spanish Main card.

Havana Black I was able to get in a trade.. he's COOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I find the rare ones on eBay. Works best in the long run and on the coinpurse.

I know in PotCC, They released new versions of El Fantasma and Jack, maybe some others. They're common cards too!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I've been doing rather decently trading with other fellow folks on the PotSM CCG yahoogroups list. I've gotten who I want via there. Aye... I've the new El Phantasma. Different look to the name, image is dark but good nonetheless.

Le Requin .. I think looks like Cascabel. It's absolutely hilarious. :ph34r:

Sides... eBay... with the Roanoke... I feel rather grossed out that one can get that very rare ship there. Unlike for the small amount of us who got it luck & chance. :: Gazing at the Roanoke:: Lovely ship.

She's a loverly ship to be sure. But I pulled two of her out of 10 packs.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

My son received two packs of the new series in his Easter basket this morning (we celebrate holidays when we are with the kids.... that way, they don't miss out).

Nice looking cards.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I'll keep my eyes open, Rigger. I know someone had a Roanoke & they were willing to sell it ( for $25) .. which I kinda felt rather cheesed out that they got it & was selling it!

Aye.. I just got lucky to get ahold of her after only a few packs. I was a very happy Continental.

it's a fun game. ... IF people can play.

Hope they enjoy it, Pete!

Hopefully we can play the game at our Invasion... whenever it be.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a box o' Crimson Coast an' wound up with 3/4 or more o' the set as well as plenty ta trade with. I got the Roanoke an' two American Captains.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

About how much does a box cost?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

LOL I had given up looking for these, not even the area comic shops sold them. Then last night I took my son into 7-11 for a freakin' Spongebob Icee and there on the counter was a brand new, just opened box of Pirates of the Spanish Main packs! The guy said they just got them in that day.

I snagged 3 just to check em out, see what the fuss is about. I'm impressed! Though that microscopic die is more of a joke than anything...

Course I'm getting on the boat a little late...I'm two sets behind!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

The shop I go to in Lee's Summit sells boxes fer $99 plus tax. I'm tryin' ta get full sets an' I'm also workin' on gettin' ta be a Privateer fer the company. Gotta get the shop owner registered at the Wizkids site, though.

My favorite tactic: get a big ship with broadsides attack an' a captain, an' a smaller ship with 3 S moves an' 4 cargo with a helmsman. Cruise over by the enemy's home island with the big guns an' zip around with the other fer treasure. If ye can't get enough treasure back without gettin' hit, ye kin still take out his er her ships 'cause they gotta come home ta claim the treasure as theirs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found a little problem in collectin' these buggers: the crew (in the original set more than Cromson Coast) are actually far more rare than they are accordin' ta the rarity list. Anybody else have this problem?

Aye.

Crimson Coast has the availability issue. I STILL haven't gotten ahold of Crimson Angel. I have 2 of the Hag of Tortuga, 3 of El Phanstama, 3 of Havana Black, etc... But NO Crimson Angel. :lol:

I generally just buy pack by pack when I can spare a little money. I haven't lately since I am working on my re-enacting items (clothing, personal items, etc.)

I've a fabulous fleet of pirates, though! I can't argue with that! Though... their abilities don't do much for those others under the British, Spanish or French. Especially Carbon Charlie who is Brit. If you have him on a Brit ship, however much gold you gather, is how many cannons you can allow on a single ship! Umm... it's a BIT unfair to other ships. I haven't stood a chance! Which is sad! Even my Ghost Ships didn't stand a chance, which I find a bit twisted that how the bloody hell can you destroy & sink a ghost ship? Not a Black Pearl type ghost ship.. but an ACTUAL ghost ship that can pass through ships, islands, etc.

The Deliverence & the Amity are those ghost ships.

Anyway.... I got another Roanoke in a pack... well, part of a Roanoke. I got the 1/3 & 3/3 But... I didn't get the 2/3 in the pack! I am SOOOO mad now!

Looking forward to Revolution nonetheless.

:lol: