Classic Pirate Films on DVD

Zath Chauvert

I just read something interesting and wanted to share the good news. Please forgive me if I'm repeating something that everyone else already knew.

It has been announced that Errol Flynn's "Captain Blood" and "The Sea Hawk" are both going to be released on DVD in mid-April. You should be able to get them individually or in a boxed set with a few of Flynn's other movies. :rolleyes:

HUZZAHHH!!!! That is capital!!! I've been waiting and yearning for this for years and years....I've emailed WB Home Entertainment more times than I can count...and FINALLY someone listened. I just hope they have tons of goodies like the recently released Robin Hood DVD.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I just hope they have tons of goodies like the recently released Robin Hood DVD.

So far, http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=55930 has the most detailed information about the release that I have been able to find. I haven't seen the recent Flynn release of Robin Hood, so I don't know how they compare, but this looks like it's going to be a nice set.

WICKED!

Umm... will it be only available via online ordering thought? I have had the most impossible time attempting to get ahold of "Blackbeard the Pirate" with Robert Newton in it.

I prefer to buy them at the store. Not online.

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Just got the Crimson Pirate from Netflix today... And though it's not classic in the classic sense, Ice Pirates comes out on DVD Feb. 15.

As for Against All Flags - video only as far as I know...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com