New Sidearm.........

the Royaliste

Nice piece. Now how about some details? Price? Where'd you get her?

Wartooth

Well, let's see...I'm smithing a 1750's era longrifle, so I went online to order a tang screw, some inletting silver sheet, and some balls..Then wot do I see but this freshly listed, 'one of a kind' jewel here, so I clicked 'add to cart'....around 350.00, from Track of the Wolf..seems to be indian made, as I have the same wood and lock on another blunderbuss.....50 cal. barrel, .75 cal. bell.....I'll let ya know how she fires in a week or so, whenever the ups guy shows up.......

X-657_5.jpg

:rolleyes:

Nice looking piece - I like the bayonet :)

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

That is indeed a wickedly wonderful arm. I'll be interested to see how she performs. After you fire it can you stab someone to let me know how the blade is too? :P

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The interesting part will be trying to keep my first mate from pryin' paint can lids off with it!!.....or reaming out carrronade touch-holes... :P ..As far as firing, I lean towards very light loads in my brass barrels, in comparison to my steel barrels; had the wonderful experience in 1973 of having a brass barrel come apart ....really interesting, it was!...It literally looked like an 'Acme' product from a Wiley Coyote invention :P

:P

Awesome heater ya got there ! Good looking piece indeed.

I do believe however Capn' Glens got it set - up the other way around......,

If I am correct., the design is for Royaliste to stabbem' first between thee eyes, then pull the trigger there by blowin' the victim free of is weapon aye ?

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"