Diffrent Sparrow Doll???

Guest SirenSong

Guest SirenSong

I was looking for the 18" Talking doll and ran across this site.

Jack Sparrow Doll

This is definitely not the talking doll and looks like porcelin. They also have Truner and Elizabeth. Thought they might garner intrest.

Guest SirenSong

I must confess I have not seen them all really well. But yes they seem to have taken a lot of intrest in doing them. Still that is a lot of doubloons!

The price reflects the fact that she is an award-winning artist and each doll is hand made. Doll-makers have their own section of the collectibles market and yes they are very expensive.

There are hundreds of hours invested in each of her re-creations and looking at the face details I would say the price is fair. I can't afford them either but I can appreciate the time and effort that went into creating them.

I suspect she only makes a handful of each figure.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

If anyone can get the list of people that pay $850 for something like that, send it my way... For that price tag, I can turn out something of that quality, and it would be well worth my time.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Call me a heathen, but I think the $40 version looks loads better. (Except some of the faux loose cloth details molded in plastic. I guess it's proof of the old saw: if all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail... :blink: )

I recognize that there's a difference between porcelin and plastic...but give me plastic any day. :ph34r: Better yet, if someone's going to get really serious about this, mold them in resin - the amount of detail you can get from resin models is astounding. I've seen figures that had pores in their skin.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Her figures aren't porcelin. They are "porcelin like in appearance." Judging from the fact that she started with a mass produced 12" action figure body they are probably some sort of vinyl or plastic. I have a friend who does this sort of thing. He makes some fairly phenomenal look alikes to various action movie stars. He even made me an action figure of myself! Its pretty impressive. Plus now I can sit around for hours playing with myself...

...I have a friend who does this sort of thing. He makes some fairly phenomenal look alikes to various action movie stars. He even made me an action figure of myself! Its pretty impressive. Plus now I can sit around for hours playing with myself...

Ahh, now I be all confused. D'ye really need an action figure to be playin' wit' yerself? Iffen that be true, I fear I've been doin' it wrong all these tears...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg