Tsunami Kate

William Brand

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Walks in slowly to this unfamiliar, yet inviting establishment, sitting at a table near the front. Nods to the fellow patrons in respect.*

This is quite a feast for the eyes...*sniffs* and the other senses it seems. My compliments to the owner. Does anyone have a recommendation to satiate my thirst?

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Oh yeah?

*prepares to yell*

*snickers...sips my rum*

So...I read the story of Tsunami Kate...you've put alot of sweat and elbow grease into 'er. I'm impressed!

What sort of merriment can a lass hope to partake in in 'ere?

Ciaran comes in after another one of 'those kinda days'. Mumblin' aloud,

"Found out that I will probably have to have surgery on me neck. Me MRI earlier this week indicates bone spurs which are what be causin' me arm and fingers to 'go to sleep', tingle, go numb and all the other symptoms I've mentioned at various times. Am scheduled to see a neurosurgeon on August 15th".

Goes into the kitchen for the next hour and bangs pots and pans loudly, cusses like....well like a pirate. Bangs metal utensils on pots and pans. Opens and slams oven door repeatedly. Swears.

Re-emerges in an hour, calm, collected -- the dignified pirate he always is -- and is carrying.......

679240.jpg

Places it on bar, pours himself a large Baileys on the Rocks, sits down, pulls fork out of his coat pocket and dives in.

Mmmmmmmm.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Oh yeah?

*prepares to yell*

*snickers...sips my rum* 

So...I read the story of Tsunami Kate...you've put alot of sweat and elbow grease into 'er.  I'm impressed!

At the Tsunami or the Pub in general?

The Kate occasionally has improptu dances and music. We had a belly dance festival break out once. We occasionally have a fiddler.

As for the rest of the pub? We've had Mud wrestling, dancing, drinking, shooting, skinny-dipping, horse back riding, sailing, archery, poetry, etc.

If you can't find it here, well, you you haven't had enough to drink.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Ciaran comes in after another one of 'those kinda days'. Mumblin' aloud,

"Found out that I will probably have to have surgery on me neck. Me MRI earlier this week indicates bone spurs which are what be causin' me arm and fingers to 'go to sleep', tingle, go numb and all the other symptoms I've mentioned at various times. Am scheduled to see a neurosurgeon on August 15th".

Well...on the bright side...

Oh hell, there is no bright side. We need a drink and a chance to forget all of this.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

I hope everything turns out well for you, Ciaran

Thank ye, Gentleman Jeff. I shall know more when I meet with the surgeon on the 15th, and will keep folks posted here.

But fer now, I agree most wholeheartedly with William...

Oh hell, there is no bright side. We need a drink and a chance to forget all of this.

I'll be havin' a double Cape Cod this mornin'.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

(hugs Mercenary)

Aw, thanks, love. I'll be fine and if I do have to have surgery, I am told that the relief afterwards (removal of the pain and numbness) will be instant and great.

Here, let's start our weekend drinkin' NOW! What'll ye have?

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Oh yeah?

*prepares to yell*

*snickers...sips my rum* 

So...I read the story of Tsunami Kate...you've put alot of sweat and elbow grease into 'er.  I'm impressed!

At the Tsunami or the Pub in general?

The Kate occasionally has improptu dances and music. We had a belly dance festival break out once. We occasionally have a fiddler.

As for the rest of the pub? We've had Mud wrestling, dancing, drinking, shooting, skinny-dipping, horse back riding, sailing, archery, poetry, etc.

If you can't find it here, well, you you haven't had enough to drink.

*chokes on the rum*

I was referrin' to The Tsunami, but it sounds as if ye be having more than a good share a fun here and at the Pub.

Well...here's to hopin' I catch a little of it. At the moment tho, me glasses sit partly full. Might I have another Guiness, sir? Any more than that, and I'll have to loosen the bodice.

Ciaran - I don't know ye, but I will be thinking "happy thots" if'n when you go into surgery. I'm sure ye'll be feelin' good as new soon after. :ph34r:

Ciaran - I don't know ye, but I will be thinking "happy thots" if'n when you go into surgery. I'm sure ye'll be feelin' good as new soon after.

Thank ye, Sophia.

(hands her another Guiness) Sante!

-- Loreena McKennitt

-- Stan Rogers

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Thank you sir! *raises my glass and smiles*

As MercenaryWench said, you may have an impressive scar to compare with others in the crew afterwards. I'd be one of the bunch...I consider the couple I have to be badges that says I've lived.

*swigs*

::strolls in, nods to Ciaran and Merc...::

How goes this eve? Might I have a Drambuie ta start th' eve?

::Sees a new face in the Kate::

Evenin' Lass...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

AYe William!!!!

Aaaiiieeeee!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org