Tsunami Kate

William Brand

That is the Warm up? Owe up....There is Irish in your bloodline, Diego. :blink:

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's special is this...

m_SIP865022.jpg

...and it is free to any deckhand and able seaman that will help me upright the Kate today.

Ever since she came into my possesion by accident or fate I have puzzled over the problem of her list. Ever since the Tsunami brought her hard fast upon this beachhead she has been lodged in the rocks and she sits uneven. Tis only a five degree list, it's true, but when the patrons start drinking and dancing they all tend to gravitate to larboard right along with the ship.

This is what I propose. We run lines to the capstans and the date palms about the ship and we haul her til she's level.

Any able arm will be appreciated and free drinks and fare for the duration!

The turkey is on the spit and all the trimmings will come as they may.

"Give me a lever big enough and I'll move the world." - Archimedes

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

*stumbles in looking sun pink and tired from a long weekend* Ello William! I'd offer to help with the list, but I'd be as skilled as a dyslexic badger on crack. Not to helpful, I don't think.

Can you heave a rope?

(pours a strong glass of South Pacific coffee)

There you go. And don't spill it on any of your clothing. This stuff leaves a mark.

Well, I'll try with the rope, but I'm warning you - I have the upper body strenght of a wombat. *knocks back some south pacific coffee, rubs hands together and starts hauling on a rope, with much strainging and grunting*

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoooooaaa there, lass. Wait for the others. Ye'll end up rupturing yourself.

(chuckles)

You don't lack enthusiasm. Fiesty, dyslexic badger.

*Daggaz wakes to the bustle of ropes and talk in the Kate. He stumbles slightly from the Tatoo party last night. B) With a stagger and a coff, he pulls out his long pipe and heads into the pub. Squwinty-eyed and groggy he mumbles Scottish sailer jibberish :ph34r: and attempts to light the 12" mirshum stuffed into his bearded mug. Time seems to slow as the stickmatch sparks into flame. Tartuga Wench turns, sees the sleepy captain and her eyes betray a sudden realization of inpending disaster. Her words are lost in time as she starts" DDDAAGGUZZ, NNOOOO!"

To late, as like a 12 pounder, the pipe ignites and then exploads into a ball of Rum fueled fire! The flames cover the Captain as his eyes precieve the heat and fire. B) Time again returns to speed as the now flaming Daggaz :ph34r: Howls in shock and pain and runs from Kates toward the Worf. Reaching the end of the boards, he plunges into the cool salty depths of the sea.

Life is only for the one that is not afraid to die.

**A pinnace sturdy Hands takes in her lone sail within hailing distance of the grounded Kate. Standing at her bow...**

Ahoy, on deck!! I say ahoy, William!

**Shades eyes from the water's reflective glare**

I have brought what I had promised you. And there is not a manjack aboard that is not well worth his salt in ocurances and needs such as these! Tis a pity that Kate is not listing starboard, for it would be easier with the help of long boats pulling her to rights....

**Attention distracted by a howling figure running the legnth of the Docks**

Interesting...**Through cupped hands** Ready when you are, William!!

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

**Looks around the Pinnace's crew with a puzzled expression, under breath...**

I clearly must have been over indulging the Brandy last night...

Alright, you scurvy dogs! Let's see what short work can be made of this herculean task!

HEEEEEEEAVE!

HOOOOOOVE!

HEEEEEEEEEEAAAAVE

HOOOOOOOVVVVE!

Mind the slack on the fore capstan! DIG IN MATES! PUT YOUR BACKS INTO IT!

hope i'm not too late! brought some extra ropes and pulleys.

(and an appetite) :D

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

(With a bad back, Ciaran knows he will be of no good pulling on ropes, so runs to the docks and sails his beloved ship, The Cabin Buoy over to the Tsunami Kate.)

Might I be of assistance from the water, William?

I feel like a page from the children's book, Little Toot (the tugboat) right now!

Yell if me ship and I can help ye!

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

(Walks out on to the deck and arches his back. An audible pop carries all the way down to the Moonlit Lagoon)

Ahhhhh...

Hello, Diego. Fine morning. Aye. Fine Morning indeed.

(walks about on the upright and level deck of the Tsunami Kate grinning ear to ear)

Ohh - so is that why all my things are rearranged? . . . I thought me mum had just snuck in and cleaned my room again! -_- Nah, I put all back in disorder . . .

But alas, I must head off to work again. Maybe I could get ye to get me some grub to go? I could actually murder a ceaser salad right now . . .

Well, leave the light on for me and I promise I'll lock the door behind me when I get in! -_-;)