Tsunami Kate

William Brand

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they're not Old Fashioned.... :mellow:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Jenny is in the kitchen of the Kate...Wearing a linen apron, standing at the brick hearth where several pots hang on iron hooks and the oven laden with fresh bread is heating from a newly stoked fire. As she tends to ingredients in a pan, she tucks a stray lock which has fallen from her rose colored scarf behind one ear.. and continues to sing and stir. Mexican fare is on the menu today...

{Hester pops her head in the door of the Kate's kitchen and tosses some avocados to Jenny.}

"Surfer Joe found these while he was foraging, and thought you might like some for guacamole."

CMF9avocados_lg.jpg

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Turning towards William who looks dashing in his Captains coat.. fresh in from some business of intrigue no doubt.. Jenny's face already flushed from the heat of the kitchen blushes a bit more. As she carries the bowl of avacadoes from Joe and Hester towards the large wooden sideboard she says.."Why William you do know how to flatter a gerl..the first Guacamole shall be made just for you and Tracy" with a wink she returns to her duties and William grinning heads for the Kates front doors.

Another evening at the Kate. The landlocked frigate sits in the dappled light made of sun and shadows from the pecan trees and date palms. If one listens one can just make out the sounds of music from several neighboring establishments.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

On their way to bed after a night of dancing cheek-to-cheek, Hester and Surfer Joe decide to stop off at The Kate for a sunrise breakfast.

They tiptoe in. Hester's carrying her silver dance slippers in her hand, and Surfer Joe's down to his shirtsleeves, having already shed the tails and his bow tie.

No one's up yet, so Joe slips into the kitchen, rolls up his sleeves, and whips up some scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and caviar in a pastry shell:

salmonscrambledeggstartlet.jpg

... while Hester makes mango juice & champagne cocktails:

punch_mangue.jpg

As they clink glasses, Hester looks into Joe's eyes and says:

"Here's to you, Nick!"

"Here's to you, Nora!", Joe whispers back.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Miss Ashcombe is circling in a sharklike manner craving grilled predator...with coconut rice.

New job on the horizon Cap'n. Best part is it's 10 minutes from home and on "Blackbeard's Bluff." Truly.

A bottle of your best champagne Cap'n and a round of drinks on me.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Huzzah!

My congratulations to you my goode man!!!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Ahhh, the other shoe drops. Well, it is better to have the preferred job, then you won't need us as much to forget the bad days.

Puh-lease....Now I can play later in the 'eve after a few pints...P.E.W. Gone Wild

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."