Can't believe what I just saw on ebay

Barbossa II

Is the guy who is holding it the one who found it or the one selling it? I nearly busted my rib laughing at that one.

The guy holding it, according to the auction site, is the guy who found it.

Let's take up a collection! We just need a little over 196,000 pirates to chip in a dollar apiece, and we can afford it!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

The guy holding it, according to the auction site, is the guy who found it.

Let's take up a collection! We just need a little over 196,000 pirates to chip in a dollar apiece, and we can afford it!

I'm thinking if he fell in a rum vat... that he may be slightly mistaken on where he found it and what it's supernatural powers be.

*giggle*

I know we do the collection and just buy the vat of rum instead!!! Maybe then we can all find our own haunted pirate props... I mean ancient swords.

you know..it looks kinda like a different version of this sword:

http://www.medieval-store.com/html/xcentury.htm

or maybe this one, which on the website is called a cutlass classic sword:

http://www.medieval-store.com/html/cutlass.htm

:lol:

Speaking of vats... or kegs... if I had the money... I'd have this keg installed in my house.

Grosses%20Fass%20-%20Big%20Keg.jpg

This thing is a massive 220,000 liters... think of that in rum shares...

:lol::lol::lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Speaking of vats... or kegs... if I had the money... I'd have this keg installed in my house.

This thing is a massive 220,000 liters... think of that in rum shares...

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

holy bejessie! *if you ever do get that vat i will then be your new best friend* ;)

ok i'm no expert on swords, but i've added some comments from looking at the closeups

Poor Wayne

could it possibly be a childs sword, looks kinda small in his hands.

"THE SWORD IS 23 1/2 INCHES LONG" (god i hate people who type in caps *stab*)

handle closeup

very boxy looking, no curves. deffinatly not a cutlass as first stated.

"I HAVE RECEIVED SEVERAL EMAILS CONCERNING THE IDENTIFICATION OF THE SWORD. SOME SAID IT WAS AN EARLY 1800S SWORD, OTHER CIVIL WAR ERA, AND ANOTHER SAID IT WAS A ROMAN SHORT SWORD."

full shot

it doesn't look like it was all that banged up... if it was as mangled as the guy said wouldn't it take quite a bit of work to make it look that good again.

"THE SWORD WAS BENT,TWISTED, VERY RUSTED, AND THE HANDLE, WHICH NOW (UNFORTUNATELY) IS SHINY, WAS VERY GREEN AND ENCRUSTED." though later in the description after many people contacted him about what metal it possibly could be he states that it was not green but blue...

otherwise i'm just like um ok... though since i'm a big beliver in the supernatural it could very well be holding some negative force even if it isn't all that old. i've heard of a very very evil haunting of a bunkbed so... anyway getting offtopic. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

That Texas snowball auction (as well as another being sold on eBay) made the local news here in Chicago. Later that day, we had the heaviest snowfall in the past two years -- over a foot of snow fell.

I have a backyard full of the stuff right now... want some? Send me $20, and I'll ship it out same day. Paypal preferred. B)

Damn. Stepped in some gum. Wait a minute... (scrapes it off his shoe)... I'm gonna sell this for $50 on eBay. For all I know, this was chewed by Anna Nicole Smith... or George Clooney, and they spit it out, and here it is. AWESOME!

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

ROTFLMAO, thanks Barbossa!

This is one great topic LOL.. B)

Had a few good laughs here..honestly..you've got to be not all there to sell such stuff, or actually..they're móre there then those who buy them and the sellers may be the smart ones B)

hero.jpg

Bwahahahaha Har Har Har... but it hurts like the Devil when good rum squirts out yer nose ... I has to thank whoever fer the comic relief though :ph34r: This feller might have some ocean front property in Arizona at a good price as well ... :ph34r: Well ya can't blame him fer tryin gold is gold after all .

:ph34r:

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

I've got a few shells, rocks and driftwood that I've picked up off the beach here after the Hurricane... wait.. the driftwood could have been part of Blackbeard's, Stede Bonnet's, or Charles Vane's ship from close to three hundred years ago! The stones could have been from the ballast! And the shells, they could have been from the time when pirates once walked the beach! CHA CHING, CHA CHING, CHA CHING!