PIrates of the Crimson Coast

LadyBarbossa

Another edition of Pirates of the Spanish Main will be released Feb 2005 - Pirates of the Crimson Coast Constructible Card Game.

More added to this edition:

The CSG smash hit Pirates returns this February with Pirates of the Crimson Coast! French ships join the hunt for gold and glory, new Schooner ships set sail for high adventure, and players must contend with new weather and sea effects such as fog banks and reefs! These new effects add excitement to every Pirates game!

Pirates of the Crimson Coast will also introduce a new constructible element – forts! Built to stand atop existing islands, forts add fun new twists to Pirates. Pirates of the Crimson Coast also adds new rules to increase strategy and options for hard-core buccaneers. All of this in one $3.99 pack!

Each pack still contains everything a player needs to build either two complete ships, or one ship and one fort, treasure, rules, an island card and a die! There are over 62 ships to collect!

Contents

2 sailing ships or 1 sailing ship and 1 fort

1 treasure

1 crew card

1 cardboard island card

1 rules sheet

1 die

Don't know about you all... But I am rather eager for this edition!

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

They would be nice to have, however, the current set is impossible to be found anywhere other than on the web. At least it's like that in my area.

The Chicagoland area (at least in every single gaming and hobby model store I have been in) is glutted with packs o' "Pirates of the Spanish Main."

My son is getting a stocking full o' them fer Santa-Day.

Ye can see the "Pirates of the Crimson Coast" preview here:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/pirate...e.asp?cid=39303

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Aye, there be plenty available here in the Great Sandy Sea of Phoenix, too. This game be great fun and without emptyin' ones pockets of hard-gotten gold. Our local purveyors of gaming fun have a Pirates game every Thursday night at their store.

Kestrel

Kestrel

Trusted Lieutenant of Terror/Warlady of The Intimidator

Only just now are they starting to become available here in Cedar Rapids. I've bought 3. Hoping to buy more soon. I REALLY want the Revanant. :: Crossing fingers & swords::

As well as getting ahold of Calico Cat - cheesy name, but fabulous character. :)

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Very fun to play, isn't it, Firethorn? Addictive, too. In a good way. :)

I bought a couple more packs today... 7 this past week... & 3 the previous week... so, I've quite a few.

Was lucky enough to get the ship I desire most..... I got the Revenant!

I'd love to get ahold of Calico Cat, el Fantastma & his ghost crew. Not sure who else I want to go. Though, I have a few interesting characters already.

I'm willing to trade though acouple extra ships that I have for ships I don't have. Ditto goes with an extra character that I have for a character I don't have.

Extra ships I have: El Dorado, Batavian Bat, El Picador, Venture

Extra character: Almirante Devante del Nero w/ Explorer

:P

Oy, Toe Cutter.

Aye, it is addictive. Tis not a bad thing. Just us pirates fancy the idea of more ships, lots of treasure & a slew of shipmates! :)

eager for Crimson Coast to come out next month.

It still seems to be going plenty well here, hard enough just to keep them around! I suppose I should be hunting down the myterious lot & round them up to join a pirate crew! ARRGGH! B)

B)

Nay. As much as I've been told that... I refrain from such bartering. Perfer to have it in hand first to see whether it be worthy to buy or not! I be a hell of a picky piratess.

I've the 5=masted ship I want... the Revenant. Granted I would LOVE to get ahold of the crew & el Fantasma. But, tis not always necessary. Besides... easier to run to the store, buy a few packs than to sit & wait for something which one has not seen yet. untill ya spend the money for it then it's shipped to ya. I've been burned too many times on eBay buying things. Luckily for not so much money. But in return cost me my place on eBay. I trust it as far as I can throw the Black Pearl.

But, the new round of Pirates will indeed be exciting.

I've actually pondered the idea that a friend of mine mentioned... taking one of the ships - an extra one if you have them - & "repainting" it into your own ship & you create your own character. Which, one of these days I will be doing that, taking one of the 4 or 5-mast ships - if I get an extra one - repainting it & taking some of the crew cards to mix in & make my own punch out cards with my own pirate personna & crew. :: Evil grinz:: Who says a pirate has to play by the rules. We can bend them. Always have, always will! Besides states there that one can adjust rules to enhance th game. :)

I also looked into purchasing a few ships and crew from eBay, but after speaking with a few “purists” from the local game store I held off, for now at least. They are starting a league on Sunday afternoons and they don’t look too kindly on internet buyers. They believe in buying the packs and then trading with others to build your collection. I guess it’s a matter of ones opinion aye? At any rate, my daughter has claimed the Pirate fleet, while I have the Brits and my son got stuck with the Spanish.

wil22.gif

My daughter has a few packs. My son has a small fleet, and he and I have played several games. I remain UNDEFEATED (I have the most ships... but also have the largest income).

Each fleet, according to the rules, can be made up of multiple countries... so we all have a mixture of Pirate, Spanish and English. I need more British ships and crew!

Regarding the internet, it remains an excellent source of the rarest cards (and this goes for any CCG or CMG). Personally, I frown on people who "don’t look too kindly on internet buyers." These games are packaged and marketed to drain your pocketbook -- if I spend over $50 on packs and packs of these cards, and still need El Fantasma, well then, I am going to get it off of eBay if it will cost me less than two more dollars (it's the same as trading with someone else -- it's all barter). Skill and purchasing savvy on my part equalizes booster-pack-selection-luck on your part.

I, too, have several duplicate ships, but I have been saving them to trade with my kids when they open a booster pack containing something I want.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I have been building a Spanish fleet, they have the best ship in the game... the El Acorazado! It is a five mast ship and it takes two hits on the same turn to eliminate one of her masts. Throw a captain and a musketeer and you have 6 shots that can move and fire in the same turn...HELL YEAH!!!

;):D;):D

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

I've no problem at the moment of buying more & more packs. Granted, I love the idea, cause means more gold, ships & crews.

Islands & spare ships can be traded... as well as crews or personalities.

I've thought about how one can spice up the game a bit. I don't think I will be keeping the little tiny black die... I've thought about purchasing a jewel like die from one of the gaming stores around.

Perhaps use some plastic replica coins for the fun of it. as well as gems... :: Shrugs:::

The Yahoogroups chat list has been rather interesting to read with some helpful hints from Rules to the islands on enhancing them. & more.

;)

Ahoy mates, I'm back in port...

POTCC is going to be quite nice. Since no one else is really talking about the really import stuff from the new set, let me tell ye what I heard sung by mermaids...

Forts. When you get enough gold, you will be able to build forts on your islands.

Schooners. New ship type that are faster and turn quicker.

New Nationalities. Both France and America are making appearances.

"terrain". On the reverse side of islands, there will be terrain effects that you can play on your sea. Like Fog, Sargasso Sea, and Reef.

It will rock!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Aye, the "El Acorazado" be the most powerful ship I got in me own fleet, but ye must remember, it's also expensive ta use at 21 points. If ye be playin' a 30 point game, ye might do better with a couple o' weaker ships instead. As to the tiny dice, they make good markers fer if ye want ta buy generic crew an' also ta mark damage if ye don't wanna pull the masts outta yer ships. I gots 23 ships plus 3 duplicates. I ain't got no duplicate crew, yet. At least not characters. I played a 60 point game with me brother-in-law over the winter holiday, an' the sea was littered with derelict ships! I can't wait ta sea the forts an' new ships. I already got a ship that can't be targeted by fort cannon.

Happy hunting all ye scurvy dogs!

Dislexic pirates say, "Raa!"

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Intreguing.

I've a couple more ships such as the HMS Titan, the HMS Algernon... but the Revenant is the one I am most proud of. She's mine to always play. Alas, wish I had her captain & crew. Someday, I'd imagine.

Aye. Read all that on the website. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait. The Schooners look incredible!

I'm a bit confused on some of the plays, though. Asked these questions in the Yahoogroups chat list for Pirates of the Spanish Main.. but received no answer.

Does it appear odd to anyone else that ships can take down a ghost ship when it's stated that the HMS Titan is the ONLY ship to have ever wounded the Revenant?

Some of the plays & special abilities just don't seem to add up to the type of ship it is. As well as the rules can be a tad bit tricky when it comes to battles.

The dice.. I'm using a normal die until I can find & buy a jeweled die from one of the games shops.

Derelict ships... Aye.. :::nods::: did some improvisin' with that at times. I played with my newphew this past week, no school cause of weather. So, We played... I took out a couple of his weaker ships.. but took 3 of his ships back to home port with the crew as prisoners. I captured the HMS Titan - he was using at the time - with weaker ships, by surrounding it & giving an ultimatum. Funny that it worked.

eventually, I offered a randsom for the prisoners. He declined,... so, I killed them all.

Had a hell of a sea battle, too. Took the Shadow, Revenant, & the captured HMS Titan to my nephew's home port & took treasure since the Shadow can do that... the rest of the ships I used as backup support & decoys. Even used the HMS Titan as a decoy once. It worked... got the treasure & made it back while decimating a good number of his ships. :: Evil B) :::

Hmmm, makes ya wonder what kind of pirates we would be, eh? I think this game gives us a great opportunity to see that. :)

B)

Aye, the HMS Titan... Me thinks that this ship be more powerful in many circumstances than the El Arocazado 'cause the cannons need only roll 3 or better to hit.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

I'm inclined to agree with ya, Julius. I looked at the comparison of masts, cargo space, firepower/guns & speed... the HMS Titan seems more the superior than the El Arocazado.

Though... still doesn't make sense to me on some parts of the game. How the hell is a ship able to block another ships cannonfire? With invisible shields!? Cause, supposedly, the only power that the Revenant has... is no ship can block their cannonfire. :lol: Just makes no sense to me. How in the bloody hell do you damage a ghost ship? Oh, the Black Pearl is different, folks... that's a real ship. The Revenant, however, I doubt she's truly a real ship! Tis a true ghost ship in my opinion.

::Shakes head:: Some of the plays in this game just confuses me. Makes no sense.

In my opinion.. any seaworthy ship can be sailed into an enemy port & take gold! One piece o' gold? By thunder! I'll take the whole damn treasury!

;)

I have The Revenant, El Fantasmo, and Ghost Crew... they're... okay.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

:o

Lucky sea dog!

I'd love to get my hands upon El Fantasma & the ghost crew.

I've Christopher Myngs & Myngs Marauders... but, no keen on keeping them... just want a few pirate characters & as many pirate ships that catch my interest. So, far.. so good.

I've got Genny Gallows & recently got ahold of Genny's Red Rampage... soon will be getting Genny's ship the Revenge in a trade.

Will also be getting Blackheart in the same trade.

Still want Calico Cat. :: le sigh::

:blink:

Actually.... I traded Sir Christopher Myngs for a couple others I wanted. Can't remember off the top of my head what I traded for in specific.

But.. with the trades I am doing at current, I am getting rid of the characters & ships I don't want... & getting the ones I do. ;)

Soooo... soon I'll be getting Calico Cat, El Fantastma, a few more pirate ships like the Raven's Neck, Silver Dagger, Silverback.... &.. hopefully.. some more pirate crew. ::le sigh:: I'm a happy, satisfied, content piratess.

Course.. I am looking at making my own custom cards for the game... which, people are starting to do & some of the cards are rather fantastic!

Feburary is around the corner! Nearly there with Crimson Coast! ;)

;)