POTC Sequels news

Christine

Hong Kong action hero to star in sequels of "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Wed Dec 15,12:19 PM ET Entertainment - AFP

HONG KONG (AFP) - Hong Kong action hero Chow Yun-fat is set to star in the upcoming sequels of box office smash "Pirates of the Caribbean", a press report said.

Citing Chow's wife, Jasmin Chan Wui-nin, Chinese-language newspaper Apple Daily said Chow will play the famous 15th century Chinese pirate Cheung Po Tsai for the second and third instalments of the film.

Chow will team up with members of the original cast including Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley.

Rolling Stone legend Keith Richards will also play the father of Depp's character, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Chan said both the movie's producer and director contacted Chow's management company in the US two months ago and Director Gore Verbinski flew to Hong Kong last week to discuss the screenplay with Chow, the daily reported.

"The director was very sincere about it and specially flew to Hong Kong and discuss the script with Fat Gor (Chow's nickname) ... but we cannot talk about the details until we sign the contract," Chan was quoted as saying.

Chow made his name as a gun-toting hero in Hong Kong action filmmaker John Woo's classics "Hard-Boiled" and "A Better Tomorrow". His Hollywood movies include "Anna and the King" and "Bulletproof Monk".

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Official HMS Bounty PageMore news:

12/13/2004

St. Petersburg - The tall ship Bounty, now appearing in the move "SpongeBob SquarePants," is en route to its winter port at The Pier and is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

The Bounty, which will remain until spring, is a replica of the 18th century Bounty sailed by Capt. William Bligh and was used in the 1962 movie "Mutiny on the Bounty".

The 169-foot ship normally spends its summers sailing along the East Coast and Great Lakes, attracting more than 250,000 visitors annually. The nonprofit Tall Ship HMS Bounty Foundation maintains the ship.

It has been a seasonal visitor to St. Petersburg, off and on, since 1965.

For SpongeBob SquarePants, the Bounty's white masts were painted brown. THe ship is preparing to be refitted for the sequel "Pirates of the Caribbean, II", starring Johnny Depp. No release date is set for that movie.

Tall Ship Bounty

My sister was just down to Foxx studios in Rosarita Beach. The Rose is still on the gimble down there. I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet as a possibility for the movie.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

The HMS Rose which currently resides here in San Diego is currently unfit for any real sailing. It needs MAJOR work. Anyone who has been down to see it, will tell you it needs to be hauled out of the water and her undersides, sides and a multitude of other work needs to be done.

It's the major reason why there is a charge to tour her, in hopes enough money can be raised to make the repairs.

I suspect what your sister saw is a mock up model, not the real ship.

I'll see if I can track down a site for all to go see.

Here is the site: HMS ROSE

Rumba Rue

**A balanced diet is a mug of rum in each hand** ;)