lookin' t' get some old school pirate flicks!!!

MondoMarcus

Well, there's the old 70's flick "Swashbuckler" with Robert Shaw (Captain Quint from "Jaws"). I loved that as a kid.

Then there's "the Crimson Pirate"...:swoon:: Burt Lancaster!

"Master of Ballantrae" with good ol' Cap't Flynn

"Scaramouche" with Stewart Granger

And a non-piratey but sort of seagoing classic, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" with Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney.

:rolleyes:

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

And if you want to go back in tyme a bit further, they have released The Black Pirate from 1926 with Douglas Fairbanks. It's silent, but don't let that put you off. A rolicking good tyme. :rolleyes:

Privateer & Commander of "Finnegan's Wake"

Faodaidh fearg sealltainn a strigh air cridh an duine ghlic, ach comhnaichdh i an amadain.

(Anger may look in on a wise man's heart, but it abides in the heart of a fool.)

Now, I know that things you see as a kid don't always seem as good as a grown-up. For instance, I used to think that "Bed Knobs and Broomsticks" was the greatest movie ever. When I saw it as an adult, I realized it was merely an example of ecellent filmmaking. So I realize that a movie one loved as a child will be different when an adult, who has never seen the movie before, views it. That being said, all I'd like to say is I just watched 'Swashbuckler' with Robert Shaw, and wished that instead of spending my money on that, I'd bought a box of D-Con and washed it down with a bottle of cheap vodka. Getting my stomach pumped is preferrable to watching that film again.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Now, I know that things you see as a kid don't always seem as good as a grown-up. For instance, I used to think that "Bed Knobs and Broomsticks" was the greatest movie ever. When I saw it as an adult, I realized it was merely an example of ecellent filmmaking. So I realize that a movie one loved as a child will be different when an adult, who has never seen the movie before, views it. That being said, all I'd like to say is I just watched 'Swashbuckler' with Robert Shaw, and wished that instead of spending my money on that, I'd bought a box of D-Con and washed it down with a bottle of cheap vodka. Getting my stomach pumped is preferrable to watching that film again.

LOL!!! Was it really *that* bad?!

Ah well, I can't say my tastes were all good at the age of 11.

Not like they're much better at 39...

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.