The Pirate House..

Meria Roseblade

Hi everyone :)

I'm fairly new but I wanted to see if anyone had yet to visit an eatery here in Savannah, Ga? It's called the Pirate House and has been around since the mid 1700's. It looks really amazing, still has the clapboard (I think that's the style?) style and just looks..piratey.

You can still visit the entrance to the underground tunnels that lead to the ocean and what used to be docks....yup, pressed labor aplenty. Here's the link in case anyone wants to make plans to visit Pirate House If I'm not mistaken about which restaurant it is, I believe you can still see a skull in one of the walls. They left there when the renovators came across it. Hopefully hubby and I are visiting it in the next couple weeks and I can let yall know about that lil part for certain. :)

(I apologize if this has already been posted, I did a search but didn't get any responses back on 'pirate house'.)

Meria :ph34r:

Well now that looks like a real nifty place. Hmmm, left a skull in the wall? Wonder if the place is haunted? Ooooh, must be great on Halloween!

Be sure and tell us if you experiance anything strange other than your meal still alive and kicking.

Rumba Rue

**As a pirate you never have to worry what you'll wear for Halloween** :ph34r:

I ate there once about 15 years ago, so my info is not current. I thought the food was excellent, but very overpriced. The decor was nice.

For really outstanding pirate decor, visit "Queen Anne's Revenge restaurant in South Carolina. Lots of genuine antique flintlocks on display, etc. Prices a bit on the high end, but not outrageous....

>>>> Cascabel

The Pirate's House is right across the river from me. Been there several times and the food is pretty good. The restaraunt changed ownership a few years back and got rid of their gift shop.(Big Mistake!) I wish they would renovate the pirate displays, because they really need it. To me it looks a little too "Whistle Stop Cafe". By all means swing by and check it out. Cascabel is right about the Queen Anne's Revenge in Charleston ( hour & half away), it is a Pirate lover's dream.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE