What do you use to carry your stein, purse...etc.

Get a belt! Then go find something called a "jack strap" or a "mug strap." Those are the things that connect your belt to all the things you want to hang from it. There are several retailers of them on the internet.

The Duchess

i try to keep my accesories to a minimum

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Aye, a good belt that can take accessories. I use a lot of leather hangers for gear... it allows me to mix and match. Basics - a mug (of course) a place to hang jewels, a place for me flintlock and a pouch to hold modern contrivances, such as keys, wallet and such... The pouch is important - get one big enough to hold your stuff - it's pointless to get a small one.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I wear 2 belts. One is just a plain 1 1/2 inch belt with my small pouch and bollock knife. Those are worn all the time. Then I have a weapons girdle, 2 inch belt that has my cartridge box and gunner's dirk. That is the one that the pistol belt hook goes through. Cutlass hangs from a shoulder baldric. If I need to carry anything else, I use a hemp canvas haversack, about 8x11, on a shoulder sling. That will carry food, extra cartridges, cleaning kit if I'm going to be firing for a while, and, if I need it, a pewter tankard attached to the shoulder sling with a thong.

I hate having a lot of clutter from my belt. Since I do a fair bit of combat, it gets in the way, rattles around, and generally creates a nuisance. Plus, looking at the old woodcuts, I just don't see that sort of thing.

Hawkyns

:ph34r:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I hate having a lot of clutter from my belt. Since I do a fair bit of combat, it gets in the way, rattles around, and generally creates a nuisance. Plus, looking at the old woodcuts, I just don't see that sort of thing.

I know that hanging a tankard of my belt isn't period, but I don't realy want to share a single tankard with all of my mess mates. and if I drink something like a (gasp!) coke, or a beer, I'd rather pour it into my handy tankard than drink out of the can.....

....OK so I can't defend my carrying a shrunken head on my cutlass's scabbard...... other than the squeels of "oooh ick...." from kids when they see it.....

i carry.... a heavy belt with knife and pistol. A baldrick with pistol and cutlass, and a cartradge box for my musket . I have enough clutter just carrying my weapons.... I figure the addition of a tankard and shrunken head isn't to much more...

(keep in mind, I play mainly in the SCA)

I have been seen carrying 4 tankards from my belt before... with 12 bottles of beer in my hands (figure THAT one out...) on a beer run once.

Then there was the one time I was carrying 36 beers on my person... course... I was cheating, wearing normal pants and using the pockets, but still. The Beerdalier only had 6 bottle spaces...

I usually carry:

Home-made short Cutlass/Cutlass dagger (I made it from a paul chen scramasax and some old iron and brass...)

Home-made simple kidney dagger/utility knife (to CUT things with, not for prying)

Hand Forged (not by me) "stubby" dagger (friggin' blade's over 1/4 inch thick, and 2 inches wide, but the blade's also only 2.5 inches long! :D )

Pistol (flintlock repro... hoping to get a real one soon)

Home-Made "hidden" matchlock boot pistol. (something I came up with that *could* have been)

Belt favor for my household

Belt pouch with emergency sewing kit, compass, money, ID's, various coins, Zippo Lighter, Jasmine Rose oil, sometimes a camera, etc.

Tankard Strap with Tankard

Sash

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

so far i agree with most get your self a belt mate

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Home-Made "hidden" matchlock boot pistol.

Talk about a pistol with a "kick"!!! :(

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"