Jack Sparrow Simplicity Pattern 4923

Mick MacAnselan

Question for anyone who has sewn this pattern (Coat and or Pants)... I'm a size 'tweener' for both the chest and hip measurements. Can't decide between Medium and Large, and I have to choose before buying the pattern, because that (M/L) is the dividing line between pattern sets. Anyone know if this pattern tends to run 'smaller' or 'larger' than stated? Also, why does life have to be so damned complicated?

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick

This pattern runs large. You would probably be fine with a Medium and then be a bit generous when you cut it out.

Be warned, it is a slightly complicated pattern; one of the toughest ones I've tried. But I was very happy with the results.

You can read more about this pattern in this thread:

New Simplicity Pattern

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm workin' on it right now, Charity. (Well, not RIGHT now! 'Cause I'm chattin' with you fine folks.)

Anyhow, it's time consuming what with all the material that needs to be cut, etc. I haven't run into any major problems putting it together , but I hafta agree with Capt. Grey that this pattern runs very large in my opinion. I be 5'10", 196 lbs. with a 42-42.5" chest and the XL coat is MASSIVE on me! O' course I didn't realize this until I had already cut everything out and sewn some of it together.

Oh well, back to the drawing board, or cutting table in this case.

Hope this helps,

Broadside, his mark B)

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus