Is there going to be a PIP?

Rumba Rue

I sincerely question whether there will be a PIP this year. The damage from the Hurricanes from what I've seen on the news is very bad.

Even if it were to go on, I doubt many would go. Let's face it, people have lost their homes and businesses and it seems to me that spending money on vendors or even coming to the event may be not on the top of people's list.

I think those that live in Florida should try and find out if this event will even happen before others loose their money flying there from out of state.

Rumba Rue

** :P **

Hey, I just thought I would just let everyone know that PIP is ABSOLUTELY A GO!!! Key West had little to no damage from the hurricanes. Fort Jefferson, which is the nearest hard hit area to us, is up and running, and everything is pretty much back to normal down here. Our hotel is sold out this weekend, and almost every weekend in October and November. It's all looking good down here, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

I think that with the los of revenues in the Keys that any and all events are a go. We are comitted no mater what. The businesses and the state need the fund, so why not go and help everyone out and have fun to boot. I echo what KW said.

Animal

:P

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Ahoy Mateys,

Although I won't be making it to PIP, I will be in Key West on October 10. Looking forward to sailing with the Western Union and gettin to know the Conch Republic. I got me dubloons to part with too. Don't take them all. I might be needin to spread some to the Caymans as well. (Fingers crossed).

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I'm not going to PIP myself this year. Gwen and I are going to Fantasy Fest, instead. (PIP was just a bit too tame and family oriented). I'm on another board that is giving daily updates on KW status and everything is a go. They've been lucky with the storms so far.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Ahoy All!

PiP is definitely on with lots of new events, including the plank walkin' championships and the huge pirate's feast at the fort. The Keys are just fine and the festival is finalizing the schedule of events as we speak, with a lot more adult-oriented activities (more pub runs, a big party at the Hog's Breath), etc.

Check out http://www.piratesinparadise.com for the latest schedules and plans...

The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I sincerely question whether there will be a PIP this year. The damage from the Hurricanes from what I've seen on the news is very bad.

Even if it were to go on, I doubt many would go. Let's face it, people have lost their homes and businesses and it seems to me that spending money on vendors or even coming to the event may be not on the top of people's list.

I think those that live in Florida should try and find out if this event will even happen before others loose their money flying there from out of state.

Rumba Rue

** ;) **

Although the photographs you see are horrible... let me tell you something about Florida... we are an amazingly resilliant state... and honestly, the thing that hurts the state most is people saying ' well they had hurricanes so I suppose I won't visit'. That keeps money out of this state that is based on tourism, and hurts us more than anything else. When it comes to hurricanes, yes this year has been a but rougher than most... but we come through, and recover, always! Consider this ... I am in Central Florida and was hit by both hurricanes Charley and Frances... The storms were not even passed before work crews were out clearing roadways, putting power poles back up, etc.... there were tanker trucks of fuel, semis of supplies needed to mend homes, all waiting just out of harms way to start moving in when the storm was passed. We have a great luxury to know that a storm is coming, get ready and respond! There are some areas that are having a rougher time of it, usually where a tornado has touched down, also some of the roadways that washed out.. but even those will be repaired within coming weeks.

Keep in mind when you are viewing TV news, you are seeing only the worst photographs that can be found.... Trust me, I know, I work in the news business :) Those are the extremes.... not the overall picture.

See you at PIP! :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Wot dey Goddess said. Dey state need dey tourists, especially Key West. Dey have been evacuated once and put on notice twice. Me tinks dey are looking forward to dey festivals ter hopefully catch up with de lost coin.

Animal

:ph34r:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

I can vouch for what Diosa said. Coming from the land of earthquakes and volcanoes, I've never seen such a well organized emergency response system. A couple days after Charley ravaged us, you'd hardly have noticed a large hurricane had rolled right over us in Orlando. Amazing! Some other parts of the country should study these guys down here...

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com