New sword

Rumba Rue

Well I swore I'd never wear a sword, but on Friday while visiting a friend, we traversed the Tyler Mall in Riverside, and came across one I had to have. I swear it 'called' to me. Found it at the Tinderbox store.

It's a bit heavy, certainly not for fighting, as the tang doesn't go into the handle very far, nor does it have an 'edge'(geez if it did, I'd be the first one to get hurt with it!). I think the only thing it could fight against would be small wooden toothpicks! LOL!

It's strictly for looks (I don't do fighting anyway), but I saw it and just fell in love with it. Bit pricey, well over a hundred bucks, it's made in Spain.

I love the hilt and the scabbard, but the scabbard is not real leather.

Here's a link to see it:

Sword

Rumba Rue

**Plunderin' is good for the soul** :P

Ahoy! B)

I likes the look of it! It's real nice. So's ye cannot fight with it but a small wooden toothpick. At least ye has it to show off! and t' look at...and carry...and touch...and fondle...wait, this ain't turnin out soundin' good... B) But anyhoo...Congrats on yer newest aquirement! - is that a word? Aw, I'm a Pyrate, who cares on real words or even spellin' fer that matter!!! B)

Deadly Drucilla

B)

Pause My Friend, As You Pass By. -As You Are, So Once Was I. -As I Am, So Shall You Be. -Prepare You Then, To Follow Me.

(written on a gravestone)

Alas my dear Animal, I cannot afford the Florida trip, nor can I be gone for a week.

I'm taking a week for Canada (leaving Sept. 20 and coming back the 27), and that pretty much ends the spending money I currently have.

But hey, you never know, I might win the lottery! :o

Rumba Rue

**Practic random acts of mayhem and senseless acts of piracy** :o

nice sword. I was adding to my collection ...found a new store and get them at a reasonable price...

got some nice daggers. double edged push daggers...In a couple of months will see about adding another sword or two to m'collection.

if I can get m'scanner to work I would post some pics...dang...still need to get it figured out....sigh.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Hey! I have that same sword, for my pirate garb... hate to break it to ya, but mine was had form eBay for about $75, if I remember correctly... good stuff though!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I found th' same sword in a coupla online stores fer less than a hundred. That's all well an good until ye include postage/shippin' and then it's about the same.

I figured ye paid a few bucks more at th' maul and took it home with ye.

Lessee--a few bucks more an take it with ye......Save some cash and wait seven to ten days.

PLUS it called to you --that's good. Ye saw it, ye wanted it, and ye took it home witcha. In th' online stores whats it gonna do ? E-mail to ye?

Looks like a good deal to me.

:) :)

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Total price on the sword with tax, was 141.00. I figure if I had bought that same sword on line for the sale price I did of 120.00, by the time the shipping charges were tacked on, I'd be paying damn close to 200 bucks.

Funny thing, come to find out, a good friend of mine has one too! So we will be the sword gals out to fight deadly toothpicks. :unsure:

Here's a picture of the blade.

Blade.jpg

Nothing but the usual slice and dicer, minus sharp edge.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

As I was sayin' or tryin' ta say: when ye add it all up, it aint much of a difference, besides ye got to take 'er home witcha.

NICE LOOKIN' Piece any way ye slice and/or dice it!

Now I'm gonna be wantin' one (fer dressy occasions.)

Ye done good any way ye look at it.

:unsure:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Oh, I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad... sorry kids... like I said, I have the same sword, AND I LOVE IT!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Hey cool Morgan!

Are ye goin' to try an' make it up ta' Tall Ships this weekend in Dana Point? Would love ta meet another poster from here!

If'n ye do, jest ask fer me at the Encampment -if'n ye gots pirate garb, ye can come in as my guest.

The event is FREE.

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **

RHUMBA!!!

Where in Canada ya gonna be, Lass?

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.