Redwall!

LadyBarbossa

Not sure if anyone posted this before. But, I haven't seen anything.

My niece & nephew LOVE a series called "Redwall" that is set during a Ren era with animals from the Writer's native lands of England.

In some episodes of Redwall, mostly about Martin the Warrior... they use pirates or raiders of various sort.

At the end of each of these episodes was an explaination of pirates, pyracy & what was used by some crew whom I am sure someone who did that would be on this Pub. Each pirate documentary short was different after each episode.

Well worth checking it out. Especially for you young pirates. :)

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

There's an ANIMATED series of this?! :o

Redwall was first a long-running and very popular book series of the same premise by Brian Jacques. I have several of the books that I bought when I was younger becuase I just love animals. When I started reading, I found they were a bit too difficult for me to be reading by myself, but now I know that there are pirates, I shall pick it up again (it's been years!).

Actually, the same author, Jacques, wrote another book series apart from Redwall. The first is called Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, and it's about a ghost boy and his dog who are sent by an angel to wander the world helping people in need. The front of the book featured the boy and dog with a nice piratical-looking ship, so I figured why not. There is also a new sequel to Castaways, called The Angel's Command.

If you like Redwall, and more especially since we're all pirates here, I reccomend reading Castaways. I haven't read it myself yet, but I hear it's great! It features lots of actual pirates in the books, so it's worth the risk.

Captain Wolfy Wench

I've read a few of the books but I didn't know there was an animated series. Interesting.

However I found the books to have too much description and not enough adventure for this pirate.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

:) Aye.. the book series is now an animated series.

Redwall TV series

Is the link to the animated series. The series is just fantastic.

But the interviews & documentary shorts at the end of each episode is awesome... especially the pirate shorts during the Martin the Warrior episodes.

It was wild to see the pirate short documentaries. :o

:o

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Aye, Redwall was absolutely me favorite series of books!!!! If ye haven't read 'em deifinitely do. Awesome. Wolfy Wnech, Castaways is excellent, but don't read the sequel.

The best books fer sea and piratical action in the series are Pearls of Lutra, The Bellmaker, And Legend of luke. Ahhh. Middleschool....