Frances arrives onshore

hurricane

Ahoy!

Diosa is out in the storm this morning in Melbourne. She sent this photo back as the first wave hit the east coast...

frances1.jpg

Dusk to dawn curfew in place in Seminole County... awaiting the brunt of the storm to arrive tonight.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Ahoy all! The crewe of the Blackheart, Diosa, Sir Nigel and I are fine, hold up in an inn after Frances passed out way.

Here's a few photos of ol' Hurricane riding out the storm...

#1 Hurricane serves as the Romanian Judge, being hard on Frances with just a 7...

frances2.jpg

#2 Why not go fly a kite? Sir Nigel and Hurricane plot the idea and take the Galleon kite for a test drive out in 45 knot winds. She was stout and steady, until her tail flew off into the lake. A second attempt almost dragged Sir Nigel into the drink...

frances3.jpg

Yers in pyracy,

Hurricane (out in the eye of the storm)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hey Lads!

Hope all is well. I hope to visit you again sometime when you have a gathering in Seattle. Was planning to hit the Pirates in Paradise, but will be working thru Nov.-Dec. Billy Bones

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Aye, Frances was an interesting ride. Fortunately for us, no damage.

I must admit to enjoying the antics of the crewe.

We sat at the windows as the hurricane approached, singing songs and drinking rum.

And yes, the Captain was indeed the grumpy Romanian judge - always scoring low.

A pirate ship kite? We just had to do it. I ask you: how often does one get the opportunity to fly a kite in a hurricane? (Okay, yeah I know - twice so far this summer and possibly a third - but I am speaking rhetorically. You catch my drift.) A lively gust of wind nearly blew the kite - and your truly - into the lake. Had it succeeded, our resident alligator would surely have enjoyed a tasty, if a bit lean and stringy, meal.

The light show was not as spectacular as Charley, but still interesting. What a sight, to see St. Elmo's Fire, the stuff of legend, first hand! "ooOOoo...pretty...." We lost power very early on, but the power company was fairly prompt in restoring power, considering they were probably still putting things back together after Charley. We were only without power for four days or so. Some folks had it much worse. The two drawbacks were:

1. no lights or electricity - I tried drawing by candlelight; I don't see how the masters managed to do such beautiful work by candlelight. This meant that after dusk, there was not much to do.

2. no air conditioning. The heat, even at night, was dreadful. Sleep came with great difficulty, and only after exhaustion from the heat.

I will say with certainty that, yet again, it sucks to throw away food.

However, all in all, the experience was a gift. And thanks to Hurricane for bringing out the juvenile funster in both of us. It made the difference between 'enduring a disater' and enjoying a rare and unique moment.

Thanks also to Diosa for acquiring a hotel room for the last night without power. *whew*

Thanks to all for your support, kind thoughts and well wishes. It is a comfort to know that we have compadres around the globe rootin' for us.

Billy, we will miss ya at PiP. Next time I get up to Washington, we will have to plan another Pyrates of the (West) Coast wing-ding!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Wherever the wind blows me, my dear.

Which, with the weather lately, could be quite far away.

lol :ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"