Pirates of the Caribbean - New 3 dvd set

:lol: I just read that a 3 DVd set of POTC is do out in November!

I don't see too many differences between the 2 DVD set and this "new one"

http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/

this is a 3 Piece set)

Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Special Edition) will be released by Buena Vista on November 2nd. It will feature Dolby 5.1 and anamorphic video and will retail for $29.98. The extras where given as including:

19 Deleted & Alternate Scenes

Blooper Reel

Multiple Audio Commentaries: Gore Verbinski and Johnny Depp; Jerry

Bruckheimer; Keira Knightley and Jack Davenport; Writers Ted Elliot & Terry Rossio and Stuart Beattie and Jay Wolpert

"An Epic At Sea": The Making of Pirates

"Moonlight Serenade": Scene Progression

"Below Deck": An Interactive History of Pirates

"Fly on the Set": Featurette

"Diary of a Pirate"

"Diary of a Ship" Video Journal

Producer's Diary with Jerry Bruckheimer

Image Galleries

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color

THX Certified

I knew they would do this, just knew it! Get us all to buy the first one, but not put everything on it. Then, put out another one with even more stuff. Yeah, it does seem somewhat the same, but maybe there's more on the Blooper Reel, like more Geoffrey! There damn well better be more

Geoffrey on this new one! :lol:

Ooooh, and in November! It'll either be an early or late birthday pressie to meself! :) Right up there with the Pirate dolls coming out around that same time too. Woo-hoo! Going to have a good birthday says I! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

This lass has just fainted, for I did not know there was a 2 DVD set, let alone one that was going to have three!

Oh wait...DUH! I have the 2 DVD one! I forgot! *embarassed look* Eep.

I am going to pass the word! :)

Aye they be cheatin' us! I already got the DVD that was on sale before.

Well it be the true reason why I ain't bought the LOTR DVD's. I figure they'll be put together as a grouping for Xmas sales (I hope), an' then I'll buy the set! I 'spect it's goin' ta be pricey, but hey, I'm spectin' it.

Rumba Rue

**No surprises here** :lol:

That is rather odd as I do not see anything listed on it that isn't on the first set except the Johnny Depp commentary ! and on the first set there are 20 extra scenes not 19! Perhaps they are trying to keep interest up in the public eye since it looks like it may be a bit of a long stretch until we get 2 and 3 ?

Pondering the pond,

Okay, it sounds EXACTLY the same as the last DVD. Not a damn thing differently. Now unless they added the extra scenes into the movie itself, it seems like an extra blank disc was added to this set for fun!

I knew they were going to do this too, but it's fans like us that go out and buy 'em anyways.

I'm sure they'll release more extras onto that new DVD, but haven't bothered to tell us yet. There would be absolutely no reason for Disney to go through the trouble of releasing a new DVD set of the same movie if there's nothing new on it. Doesn't make sense at all...

Captain Wolfy Wench

Huh, DVDfile said the specs weren't announced yet - maybe the Hometheatre guys were guessing.... ??

It would have to be very special for me to fork more money over - (don't get me wrong, I really like POTC - I'm just sorta short o' the ready, right now...)

And, as to LOTR - yes, there are reports that some time in the future (i.e. AFTER King Kong gets done in 2 or so years) that Peter is planning to release a super extended edition of all three movies. So, if you want to live without it for a few more years (and trust Miramax & New Line) don't get the current EE's of the three movies. I do hope you've rented & watched the extended cuts tho, 'cause they really make a difference to the story line.

Me thinks the movie studios have nothin' on a bunch o' pyrates...

:blink: